"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:23:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Crazy Water Bag Idea.  (Read 5443 times)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: Crazy Water Bag Idea.
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 09:25:48 pm »

I have toyed with this idea a lot and personally I think it would be good for the game.

It seems so many suggestions get shot down because they would lessen the necessity for going into town and making the game too anti-social.

well this idea (in my opinion) would not only make the game a little more challenging and realistic but would also create a demand for visiting town, increasing the social aspect of the game.

of course there are issues which need to be addressed, but that's the case with most suggestions however good.

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2011, 05:02:09 am »

What about outdoorsman? This should increase the players chance of finding water in the waste, at 100%  you may only need to carry one waterbag wherever you went.

+ plastic and glass bottles could be implemented and given to merchants, they're already in the mapper
+ mountains/city/coast maps are easier to find water, desert maps are difficult to find water
20:49:58 • You encounter: Ghoul crazies.
20:50:01 • You were critically hit in the head for 55 hit points, knocked out and had your armor bypassed.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2011, 12:11:37 pm »

+ mountains/city/coast maps are easier to find water, desert maps are difficult to find water

Eh? In the ruins of a destroyed city we can find water? Thats funny. And for the coast... teorically is water with salt. But for the mountain is good.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2011, 05:47:38 pm »

Eh? In the ruins of a destroyed city we can find water? Thats funny.

A fuckload of old sewer and water maintenance systems just waiting for someone to be "farmed". I agree with the water bottles (what smoothjesus wrote).

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2011, 08:06:46 pm »

I think anything that forces people to make more well-rounded survivalist characters as opposed just ridiculous hulking power-builds will make the game a lot more interesting.   

I have made some really interesting jack-of-all-trade characters that have been a lot fun to play with but because they weren't just geared to KILL KILL KILL they didn't hold up against any type of PvP which has forced me to make nothing but one dimensional fighters and which in my opinion aren't nearly as fun to play with. 

I think if people needed to survive the wasteland more, we would need to survive each other less and If we balance the scale between these two perils equally the whole game will become a lot more dynamic.

my next suggestion will be to remove the life-giver perk for this exact reason. 

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2011, 08:16:58 pm »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2011, 08:19:30 pm »

I have made some really interesting jack-of-all-trade characters that have been a lot fun to play with but because they weren't just geared to KILL KILL KILL they didn't hold up against any type of PvP which has forced me to make nothing but one dimensional fighters and which in my opinion aren't nearly as fun to play with. 

Yeah but, sadly, in 2238 that only makes you a "Mad Max Wannabe" (sic).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.