"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 07:53:19 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Enhance Bonus Move  (Read 12514 times)

Re: Enhance Bonus Move
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2010, 08:01:11 pm »

Great idea for all those short range tb builds.
action boy gives 1 move/action,but bonus move gives only 2 for /move
so makes sense improving it.  :P
[18:44] <@Surf_Solar> I have no issues about manlove, I am sorry

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2010, 10:30:31 pm »

Yes, I like Izual's idea.

People would never take Bonus Move, unless it is an alt specifically designed for that type of build, boosting it would make some more people actually choose it, especially with Real-time/TB unbalances.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 01:14:43 pm »

making tb ridiculously easier while its already ridiculously easy. good way to increase the huge difficulty gap between tb and rt :p. shouldnt we rather look for balance?
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2010, 02:35:48 pm »

Seems you don't know where the gap is :-\ Sorry for you man.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2010, 04:14:09 pm »

Yes, I like Izual's idea.

People would never take Bonus Move, unless it is an alt specifically designed for that type of build, boosting it would make some more people actually choose it, especially with Real-time/TB unbalances.

i disagree.. the reason why players dont pick this perk as nothing to do with that

im making a pool asking about what combat system players prefer, wheres the result so far: 50% of the players prefer to play RT, 20% like to swicth between RT/TB and only 30% prefer TB only

bonus move is a great perk and 30% of players will pick it becouse they prefer TB only, the other 70% will never ever ever ever pick it, it doesnt matter if it gives 1000 move points per perk, nobody will pick it why? becouse it puts you in a huge disavantage when playing RT
Aku Soku Zan

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 05:08:32 pm »

bonus move is a great perk
And it is a turn-based perk. Now please just keep quiet on this matter, I don't post in RT perks suggestions to ask to turn them into TB because I'm a sad panda. Kthxbye
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2010, 01:25:00 am »

And it is a turn-based perk. Now please just keep quiet on this matter, I don't post in RT perks suggestions to ask to turn them into TB because I'm a sad panda. Kthxbye

ok, then let me say this: bonus perk is perfect as it is, its very usefull and theres no need to buff it

now if ur asking to buff this perk to encourage more players to take it, u will never be sucessfull becouse like i already show u 70% players will never take it unless it affects RT
Aku Soku Zan

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2010, 12:43:12 pm »

I'm not saying more players should take it, I'm saying players that are taking it should not waste a perk ;)
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Drakonis

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2010, 01:13:12 pm »

Seems you don't know where the gap is :-\ Sorry for you man.
you trying to say that rt is easier than tb? yeah maybe if u fight desert stalkers or an endless walker. oh i get it, you want it improved coz you want to outrun huge cockroaches!

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2010, 01:36:00 am »

• For each level of Bonus Move, you get 2 free APs each turn that can only be used for movement. In other words, you can move 2 free hexes each turn for each level of this Perk.
  • You can only take this perk twice.

A character in FOnline: 2238 can only take up to 7 perks. Most of them are a must-have: Sharpshooter, BROF, Lifegiver (x2), Stonewall, More Criticals, Better Criticals, Awareness...
In order to make the players able to choose some other perks than these generic and powerful ones, please make the other perks a bit better.

Thanks
I'm not saying more players should take it, I'm saying players that are taking it should not waste a perk ;)
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2010, 03:27:44 am »

Holycow folks !
Lame to see how hard it is for you to respect a thread line ???!
Almost half the reply are out the subject...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entierly support the Izual suggestion.
Actualy, chosing this perk is a very hard deal...
That would be a good way to push forward character diversity.
I dont see any negativ counterpart here about a balance issue.

Not everyone focus on been a pvp-god, and the server will became very poor in interest if it will happen.

Drakonis

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2010, 01:14:14 pm »

implementation will result in hi and run centaurs in tb. nothing that uses melee or unarmed would ever hit a 2x bonus move.imortallity against anything that cant shot?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2010, 01:40:14 pm »

1) One could say the same about lifegiver, brof or other perks that allow you to shoot twice or three times before your opponent can do anything
2) Shoot + use 4 ap to move. Unless your opponent has less than 4 ap, he will eventually reach you.
3) If your opponent doesn't use obstacles to take cover while he approaches, then he obviously deserves to die.
4) Taking bonus move makes you waste one or two perks, while the others can take some other perks that are useful in both combat modes. It is normal that Bonus Move is enhanced a bit, to turn it into an average perk - as right now it is an underpowered perk.

Almost half the reply are out the subject...
Yes :/ But trolls like to set up the "TB vs RT!!!" debate everywhere.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2010, 01:54:32 pm »

idea is not that bad, very useful for loners, becouse only that group of people using turnbase
big turnbases dosent exists anymore becouse of short time of open encouter, short time of radio signal and also problems with doctor ;/

turnbase system should be reworked a little ;/

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2010, 02:19:05 pm »

(Well, I agree except when you say that short time of radio signal life is a problem with turn based, I don't like clusterfucks . Other than that, yes, it will help maybe not loners but newbies for sure... If they choose to take that perk!)
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.