"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 02:58:20 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Big guns critical build  (Read 6492 times)

Cha

• Lawyer for Great Justice.
    • TTTLA FORUM
Re: Big guns critical build
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 12:54:12 pm »

Better critical while having 6 crit chance and no aim shot ? ... what a bad idea....
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 12:56:35 pm »

I don't know what build I should do because my builds from Fallout 2 aren't good :(

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 01:17:52 pm »

technically, you need aat the minimum for a crit build burster 11% crit chance, but you can of course up it by a bit, (up to 31% in fact, but the finesse would be a big nono, so with 6 luck the best balance you're gonna get is 21% crit chance)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 02:50:03 pm »

I will make big gunner cleaner. Is it good? Maybe later I can use drugs but I don't know.
Perks:
3 toughness - STONEWALL
6 more critical
9 more critical
12 lifegiver
15 more critical
18 bonus rate of fire
21 better critical

Is it good?

Cultist

• The face of God with an impostor's features
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 06:51:51 pm »

bg crit builds suck because the only weapon that can do aimed shots is the bozar and at that point you might aswell be sg. That and the high str/agi/lu requirements don't leave you with enough points.
The pervert, the pathological, the prophet
I'm the second coming, the Anti-Christ, the final conflict
Who got nuclear weapons and a suicidal doctrine?
The cult leader, and I'll never stop until I got you locked in
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 10:10:09 pm »

If you think weight isn't an issue for bgers you are mistaken, if you want full gear, weapons and ammo you need at least 6 str minimum.
Wrong.
bg crit builds suck because the only weapon that can do aimed shots is the bozar and at that point you might aswell be sg. That and the high str/agi/lu requirements don't leave you with enough points.
It's not the point to have a high crit chance so u hit the guy in eyes knocking him out/down/instakilling him, but to make it possible to crit often when bursting a minigun which can have some nice outcomes - you do more damage and also you can knock the enemy down/out if you are lucky. With the build GHOST444 made you would have 21% crit chance for every bullet, so almost always you will be having some crits with a 40 rounds burst.
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 10:15:39 pm »

With the build GHOST444 made you would have 21% crit chance for every bullet, so almost always you will be having some crits with a 40 rounds burst.
You're wrong too ;p
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 11:10:45 pm »

So how often do you say.
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 11:12:35 pm »

So how often do you say.
One roll per target of burst.
If you bursted one guy, there's a X% (21% for example) that all bullets will get critical multiplier + %to hit may exceed 95% for each bullet as I saw post from one dev here on forum.
If you bursted more than one target, each target has its roll, so you may crit from 0 to 3 targets.

Cultist

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 06:59:58 am »

Wrong.It's not the point to have a high crit chance so u hit the guy in eyes knocking him out/down/instakilling him, but to make it possible to crit often when bursting a minigun which can have some nice outcomes - you do more damage and also you can knock the enemy down/out if you are lucky. With the build GHOST444 made you would have 21% crit chance for every bullet, so almost always you will be having some crits with a 40 rounds burst.

The reason no one makes a crit based bg build is because bg is inherently made for high damage/low crit. You're looking at maximum 35% crit rate at the expense of much better perks (like brd) for your class. With sg you can get 85-95% crit rates but your damage is lower. You shouldn't comment if all you have is assumptions about the game mechanics because other players might think you are right and waste time leveling terrible characters. Also saying that you don't need str for bg is ridiculous, with 4 str and weapon handling you'll barely be able to carry your gear and have extremely limited ammo.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 12:06:32 pm »

Also saying that you don't need str for bg is ridiculous, with 4 str and weapon handling you'll barely be able to carry your gear and have extremely limited ammo.

Damn, 600 ammo+ your weapon loaded is extremely limited?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Bantz

• Mao!Mao!
    • Gang VŠB
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 02:21:55 pm »

The reason no one makes a crit based bg build is because bg is inherently made for high damage/low crit. You shouldn't comment if all you have is assumptions about the game mechanics because other players might think you are right and waste time leveling terrible characters.
Those are powerbuilds made for fight in RT, made by the experienced pvp players on 2238, tested through out TC by many gangs. Its you who are criticizing something that you dont understand. 

Cultist

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 06:58:19 pm »

Those are powerbuilds made for fight in RT, made by the experienced pvp players on 2238, tested through out TC by many gangs. Its you who are criticizing something that you dont understand. 

Just because you pvp doesn't mean you are any good at making a character. Why would you sacrifice 160 extra damage every time for 15% chance to crit? It's just stupid. 5mm is relatively light but 600 is just 4 reloads, and rockets/flamer fuel is heavy as hell. So is metal mk2. Most pvper are limited in their ideas on builds anyways, last wipe I had a pvp char with 0 combat skills who could easily take out anyone on the server without taking a scratch.
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 07:07:09 pm »

You should take jinxed it give you +10 critical chances ! ;)
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 09:50:05 pm »

last wipe I had a pvp char with 0 combat skills who could easily take out anyone on the server without taking a scratch.
You took them down with your words!
Just because you pvp doesn't mean you are any good at making a character. Why would you sacrifice 160 extra damage every time for 15% chance to crit?
The 15% chance to crit makes it even more powerful than 2 BRDs from assumptions, you don't decrease the damage - even if you decrease some little ammount of damage which isn't 160(the crit multipler makes the damage catch up), you still get knockdowns and knockouts that can save your ass. From simulations I did though the overall outcome damage when using a crit build(100 shots 2 BRD no crit vs 100 shots no BRD but crit) was lower, but the simulator is outdated anyway and I didn't test it on battleground ingame. Maybe it's just about KDs/KOs/armor bypasses, or also about damage when the simulator is wrong. As Bantz said, PvPers tested it many times, so who should I believe? Too bad I don't play big gunners ;p
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:52:21 pm by Floodnik »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.