"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 25, 2024, 09:11:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A farewell to FOnline.  (Read 7177 times)

Donnie

• Goodfella
Re: A farewell to FOnline.
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 09:19:56 am »

Like I said in an old post , it all depends on the dev goals for this game .

If its gonna be realistic (as zato says) then i agree with the others that says on affecting the karma . I mean , if it should be realistic , then if you pk (so it means your a bandit or whatever) then everyone should know (even npcs) what you do and it does not only have to matter which faction are you in .

The faction is important ,like it is now . But it is not the only important thing . Our entire life mostly depends on what we personally do , not in what school we study .

Maybe this would let people think , im gonna be a bad guy or good ? With , of course , all the side effects (Factions , talking with npc , ecc..) .

This way it could be easier to see more new people playing and old retired players return .

If the goal is trying to make like "Unreal , or Quake 3 online" (I hope you get the point) ,then the game will be barely populated , but all pvps . It would look like more "lets kill everyone" . Doesn't seem realistic to me .

However like I said before it only depends on the games goal . It has to be an RPG ? or a Isometric Quake style shooter ?

I read many of topics like this , everyone with their opinions . What I wrote is like an auspicious to the devs to keep up the good work and making my favorite game the best and complete mmoRPG . 'Cause Fallout IS rpg .

No Problem

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 09:35:50 am »

If the goal is trying to make like "Unreal , or Quake 3 online" (I hope you get the point) ,then the game will be barely populated , but all pvps . It would look like more "lets kill everyone" . Doesn't seem realistic to me .
Fallouts are based for fighting and surviving in wasteland.
When i face little hard enemy in Fallout 2 (San Fran unarmed fight)
I lose many times (due of my unarmed skills and hth damage)
But i back many days later (in real life days) and i trained lot.
I taken unarmed skill to 170% and 3x bonus hth damage (also i win new reno fight and got lot of plus to defence)
Last one guy and one before him are only who do damage to me and i kill them with 2 nice crits to eyes.

You cannot win, if you not train hard.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:38:38 am by runboy93 »

Donnie

• Goodfella
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 09:49:14 am »

Fallouts are based for fighting and surviving in wasteland.
When i face little hard enemy in Fallout 2 (San Fran unarmed fight)
I lose many times (due of my unarmed skills and hth damage)
But i back many days later (in real life days) and i trained lot.
I taken unarmed skill to 170% and 3x bonus hth damage (also i win new reno fight and got lot of plus to defence)
Last one guy and one before him are only who do damage to me and i kill them with 2 nice crits to eyes.

You cannot win, if you not train hard.

I don't think I wrote something different , or maybe my bad English didn't help .

It's true what you say but I wasn't talking 'bout training , surviving ,ecc.. I was talking about another thing . I'm talking about karma .

You kill a honest worker ? Then you'll have all the honest workers against you ,but you'll get the marauders like you .
You kill a raider ? Then the citizens , traders , ecc.. will like you , but you'll get all the bad guys against you .
The same thing ,when we talk about players .  

When I said about Quake 3 online , or something like that I was saying that in this way you can kill anyone , without any consequences .
And thats when I say , it aint so realistic to me .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:50:48 am by Donnie »
No Problem
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 12:15:46 am »

if you as a player are in player faction - tell them PK's name, now he has "bad karma" with your clan.
if you are in NPC faction, he loses -25 per hit on you.

what more can you ask for? really??? pk's to ask if you'd like to pvp before they shoot???
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 12:40:37 am »

So hmm, kill, respawn, re-arm , kill again.  Rinse and repeat.  Sure sounds like Halo or CS or GoW to me.

Action shooters are harsh but do they all take place in the wasteland?  I think we are confusing realism with a style of gameplay.  These are games strictly about amassing kills with a customizable weapon loadout.

Fallout was different.  It wasn't about competition killing, it was about atmosphere and exploration as well as shootouts.  Also, you were never limited strictly to violence and hence thats why the game was fun.

So please keep in mind the "wasteland is harsh" should merely be one aspect of the game.  If the devs want to attract a more diverse player base then Fonline needs to offer more than just frenetic action to distinguish itself from other murder games out there.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:21:49 am by Keldorn »
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 12:44:20 am »

you are a carebear. you do not belong in this game, or any hardcore mmo. anyone whose game time continually involves "craft craft craft die craft craft craft" is a carebear, is missing the spirit of the game entirely, and will never understand it.

you should do yourself a favor and grow a sack, learn to lose some pixels, or just quit now and go back to hello kitty island adventure. this game and its developers make no apologies for the difficulty, if its too much for you, its your problem, because the rest of us are just A-OK. we have social lives like anyone else, the difference is we dont get butt hurt over losing time spent -IN A GAME-.

if you want to craft craft craft craft and not die, why dont you go play wow and sit in the cities all day? honestly.
lol i havent played in 2 moths now.so whatever brah  8)
I would like my enlcave skin please :D
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 12:57:46 am »

So hmm, kill, respawn, re-arm , kill again.  Rinse and repeat.  Sure sounds like Halo or CS or GoW to me.

Action shooters are harsh but do they all take place in the wasteland?  I think we are confusing realism with a style of gameplay.  These are games are strictly about amassing kills with a customizable weapon loadout.

Fallout was different.  It wasn't about competition killing, it was about atmosphere and exploration as well as shootouts.  Also, you were never limited strictly to violence and hence thats why the game was fun.

So please keep in mind the "wasteland is harsh" should merely be one aspect of the game.  If the devs want to attract a more diverse player base then Fonline needs to offer more than just frenetic action to distinguish itself from other murder games out there.
i couldn't of said it better myself though i and other have been trying to explain this for quite some time now. perhaps developers want to keep the player base low?idk.i like this game but its just not what it used to be like back in september last year this game was a  fkn blast to play. then crafting and other slow downs were added to if i recall correctly to "regulate" the economy or some shit like that.
I would like my enlcave skin please :D
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 04:00:16 am »

Action shooters are harsh but do they all take place in the wasteland?  I think we are confusing realism with a style of gameplay.  These are games are strictly about amassing kills with a customizable weapon loadout.

Another person who truly understands.  This game is not entirely based on pvp.  If it were, things would be like the games mentioned above.  That is the true point we're trying to get across.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Donnie

• Goodfella
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 08:33:33 am »

if you as a player are in player faction - tell them PK's name, now he has "bad karma" with your clan.

what more can you ask for? really??? pk's to ask if you'd like to pvp before they shoot???

Hey , its a game ,for Christ sake ,and like a simple player that loves all the fallout series and obviously this game ,I just said my opinion . The only reason I could not play the game will be only for having no time in RL to play .

I never said that pk's cannot exist . Fallout is RPG and anyone can make their own decision on what type of Fallout life wants to have . They get pk'd too , true . But think about this , you talked about spirit of pvp . Is your spirit like : lets build , equip and go out to the wasteland and kill anyone who we encounter ? Seems like a poor RPG Quake system .
For me the spirit of pvp is : you kill , you get your consequence . I mean , what kind of serial killer , kills and then talks to a simple honest trader ? Shouldn't he been considered even to the trader like a serial killer ?

I wasn't talking about faction wars . The pvp ,faction wars ,luckily ,are part of the game , thats what fallout RPG is too .

Like its hard life to who doesn't pvp ,and so it should be hard even to the pkers . And don't go saying you get -25 per hit ,that means nothin . The non pvp players mostly gets killed (like myself) , it's fine , I make a laugh . But of course the pkers karma should drop down . This is RPG . You choose what you want to be , and of course , get every consequence of your action .   
No Problem

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 09:37:52 am »

Hey , its a game ,for Christ sake ,and like a simple player that loves all the fallout series and obviously this game ,I just said my opinion . The only reason I could not play the game will be only for having no time in RL to play .

I never said that pk's cannot exist . Fallout is RPG and anyone can make their own decision on what type of Fallout life wants to have . They get pk'd too , true . But think about this , you talked about spirit of pvp . Is your spirit like : lets build , equip and go out to the wasteland and kill anyone who we encounter ? Seems like a poor RPG Quake system .
For me the spirit of pvp is : you kill , you get your consequence . I mean , what kind of serial killer , kills and then talks to a simple honest trader ? Shouldn't he been considered even to the trader like a serial killer ?

I wasn't talking about faction wars . The pvp ,faction wars ,luckily ,are part of the game , thats what fallout RPG is too .

Like its hard life to who doesn't pvp ,and so it should be hard even to the pkers . And don't go saying you get -25 per hit ,that means nothin . The non pvp players mostly gets killed (like myself) , it's fine , I make a laugh . But of course the pkers karma should drop down . This is RPG . You choose what you want to be , and of course , get every consequence of your action .   

I agree totally with this post.
Tip : All new players, get yourself about 110 outdoorsman and you will avoid alot of players. I know i have. :)

Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

Marko69

• SLASH!
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 10:06:11 am »

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/watgd.png/

I would lol ololololoolololololo  ;D  ;D  ;D olololololololololo

What if you really are a jerk and tard and your fate was to get killed because you deserved it?

And why don't you find him, kill him, and shit on his dead body, its more fun then what he wrote :)

I'm not one of those who say fuck you when I kill someone or rage lol, only kids do that. I would rather write, don't touch my molerats, or save the brahmins! So you were killed by some stupid kid, he probably played more and got higher lvl character, its normal in mmorpg's. This game requires more knowledge and exp. and after that skill.
Learning curve is long, if you see that something is stupid in the game don't do it :)
I said to Solar that this game should be more action and more fun. But the game is still slow and crafting is slow. Compared to EVE-online its nothing, there you have a ship for which you need 12 months to craft it, and it explodes in 15 minutes  ;D What you say about that?
Anti-pk, protector of the law in wasteland.
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 11:38:13 am »

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/watgd.png/

I would lol ololololoolololololo  ;D  ;D  ;D olololololololololo

What if you really are a jerk and tard and your fate was to get killed because you deserved it?

And why don't you find him, kill him, and shit on his dead body, its more fun then what he wrote :)

I'm not one of those who say fuck you when I kill someone or rage lol, only kids do that. I would rather write, don't touch my molerats, or save the brahmins! So you were killed by some stupid kid, he probably played more and got higher lvl character, its normal in mmorpg's. This game requires more knowledge and exp. and after that skill.
Learning curve is long, if you see that something is stupid in the game don't do it :)
I said to Solar that this game should be more action and more fun. But the game is still slow and crafting is slow. Compared to EVE-online its nothing, there you have a ship for which you need 12 months to craft it, and it explodes in 15 minutes  ;D What you say about that?

Sorry Marko I hate hate to burst the bubble, this isn't really a game of skill, it's just who has the biggest toys can take what they want from anyone else.  It's said in a dozen+ posts this isn't pvp this is children playing with a magnifying glass on an ant hill.  And let me explain to you that the ants usually don't enjoy that.  This is a game, supposed to be fun for as many people as possible, not just the groups of immature people who want to take and not earn.
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 12:57:37 pm »

I totally agree that there should be consequences of actions, but not with some global karma system...
It is like this:
In open world PvP game I expect players to deliver the consequences - if someone roleplays the "raiders" then someone to roleplay the "justice". Unfortunately this has been significantly broken in last wipe, but lets not derail this thread even more...

About the cries that other gameplay styles then PvP are not very developed is a problem of lack of content, that is widely acknowledged and there is no simple and fast way to change it...

I myself don't have much problem with this, if the wasteland was one big domination playground (kinda like in those action fps but much more complex and fitting the lore), it would be awesome.

I certainly don't agree that "This is a game, supposed to be fun for as many people as possible". If devs were thinking that way we might end up with a WoW clone or something...
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 02:59:31 pm »

look man like has been stated before, the spirit of pvp is being missed. as ned said, you must deliver your own justice. some day you might get your tent raided and lose everything you have. the next day you might ambush someone carrying 130k to go buy an outpost. these things happen. THAT is the spirit of pvp, to accept both loss and success in stride, as all part of the game.

stop fkn crying about your 3 hours lost, you spent 3 hours playing a GAME, you are not investing stocks, nothing was LOST. you want a game that rewards your cumulative hours in the form of safe secure nodrop soulbound loot? then you BELONG in wow, and you two deserve each other.
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 03:55:00 pm »

Its not just about the game content (yes I know its missing)

Its about the kind of game the devs plan on making and their target player base.  I have a feeling that even with story and other content this game will still feel like a vehicle more designed for mass competition killing than anything else.

Maybe thats just how people are I suppose? 

I don't think you will have "justic" soon especially since in this game.  So far, a George Bush doctrine of "pre-emptive strike" dominates all combat matters if one wishes to be victorious.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.