"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 07:24:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Big Guns nearfing (again ? yeah again)  (Read 18044 times)

Re: Big Guns nearfing (again ? yeah again)
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2010, 06:41:23 pm »

Big guns are the dominant force in PvP. If one combat style is significantly dominant over the others, it's because it's more effective. And BG is at the moment, hands down. The reason we see BG PvP is the same reason we never see hand to hand PvP. Whether it's because of availability, damage or raw power is to be debated.

Also, I vote the previous 20 posts above me get junked. Learn some manners and how to discuss like adults, people.
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2010, 08:13:39 am »

The thing is it's more of a fashion/personnal preference than anything else. A few weeks ago everyone was running with sniper rifles/laser rifles/plasma rifles/rocket launchers. Hell, you could see a lot of those builds in the Necropolis event. What balance changes occured? Basically, none. And suddenly a group of people is all like "let's nerf Big Guns cause they're too strong"... I mean, wtf? Where were those people before? Most of the ideas presented here are ridiculous, and I didn't see a single objective argument for a balance change - it's all opinions and no facts. Curiously enough, the first dude to say something constructive and true to the reality of the game was Kilgore, whom you cared to call a retard. What the hell, people, just what the hell.

EDIT:
How come all those attempts at "rebalancing" the game are basically partisan actions of individuals distraught by something that happened to them in game? Get a scientific approach if you want to tinkle with the endgame PvP. Record at least 10 different engagements in varying cities, determine how range and wounds (ie. crippled eyes or hands) influence damage output of the most successful players and count how much damage each typical build is able to dish out. Then divide the damage by the ammount of resources (would be best to use time units) required to craft/aquire a supply of ammo necessary for such an engagement to determine how cost-effective a given weapon is. That would be the correct way of doing it, not some bullshit posts like "minigun strong, lasrifle weak" based on foundations that are questionable to say the least.

You've surprised me nice boat, you can come across as a bit of an ass at times but reality is your actually an extremely intelligent individual. Good posts

I don't think theres really much of a problem with miniguns, outside of Caravans giving them up (Caravans having Miniguns has always been a stupid idea both thematically and balance-wise) - if anything they could do with having their ammo being not quite so tough to produce.

Perhaps RL could be argued to be too good - They have great DPS, great Range but suffer from being clumsy in PvP.

I'm in the camp of just making them more rare/more expensive to maintain, rather than nerfing their power.

On the other hand SG could well do with a little bit of boosting up compared to EW and BG. Energy weapons seem OK, so boosting criticals probably isn't the answer - which leaves enhancing the SG themselves up a little bit.
I agree with you on the no looting of bigguns solar, the moment that was reinstated your player economy was broken. I'd hate too see rocket launcher nerfed, your right they are clumsy and slow but it still takes 3-4 rocket too kill an average target pvp target.

Looks at it this way solar, twaeking small guns up 10% isn't going to break the game :)

At the moment surviving a direct hit by a minigun or rocket is a difficult task for anyone under 150 hp and not wearing at least metal armor mk 2, and guess what miniguns are freakin everywhere, 90% of caravans i run into have minigunners.

Have to admit this made me chuckle a bit, i think the problem here is not the damage dealt by miniguns but more your terribly low hp :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:31:29 am by Aryan »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2010, 02:03:57 pm »

+10% blanket increase for SG isn't what I'd suggest, things like Pistol's power level are fine as far as I'm concearned - if anything perhaps an increase in the amount of crippled arms to encourage bringing a pistol along as a back-up weapon is all thats needed.

Assault rifle class rifles, possibly an increase to single shot range for some of them - these (and sniper style rifles) would then be reasonable as far as I'm concearned, especially with a slight bumping up of some targetted shots. Having them as able to hit from out of range with the ability to strategically target enemies would be much better than simply normalising DPS over all weapon types.

SMG/P90 seem fine to me from the numbers I have on them, but Shotguns could indeed do with a bump to their power, either in raw damage terms, weapon traits or ammo types - I would really dislike them gaining range as it would also be a step towards normalising all weapons. Greese/Tommy, not sure, pretty much just a flavour weapon at the moment I guess - so long as they form some kind of mid point between 10mm and p90's its not too bad.

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2010, 02:50:37 pm »

SMG/P90 seem fine to me from the numbers I have on them, but Shotguns could indeed do with a bump to their power, either in raw damage terms, weapon traits or ammo types - I would really dislike them gaining range as it would also be a step towards normalising all weapons.

+1, we waited for a long time for the Pancor, and were disapointed to see it so weak.
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2010, 12:32:25 am »

Now, EW are so nerfed that there is no mean to play it.

=>Only plasma rifle can do some damage now and it has ONLY 25 rng whereas big gun have 40!!!!

=> I agree the fact BIG GUN can kill with one or 2 shots.
=> i disagree they can do this at 40 hex (it should be 25 except for rocket launcher)

Well, it's too bad because diversity in pvp fights was funnier.

TTTLA for a New World Order

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2010, 12:55:48 am »

=>Only plasma rifle can do some damage now and it has ONLY 25 rng whereas big gun have 40!!!!
Plasma Rifle should have a much higher range than that imo.
=> I agree the fact BIG GUN can kill with one or 2 shots.
This is plain logic, you'd be lucky enough to survive one rocket or close-range minigun burst.
=> I disagree they can do this at 40 hex (it should be 25 except for rocket launcher)
This is a great point, the Minigun types and LSW/M60 should not be able to shoot at such a far range, the Rocket Launcher could do with good enough aim. Rapid-fire Big Guns should be very inaccurate at long ranges. Especially the helicopter-size Miniguns.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 12:59:43 am by Reconite »
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2010, 01:08:05 am »

Minigun types and LSW/M60 should not be able to shoot at such a far range, the Rocket Launcher could do with good enough aim. Rapid-fire Big Guns should be very inaccurate at long ranges. Especially the helicopter-size Miniguns.

Why would that be? Machineguns are not weapons used only at close range, they tend to reach further than your regular rifles, excluding sniper systems (that's if I understood you well and you want to have a "realism based argument"). And do keep in mind that the further the target, the less rounds impact - it's already in the game.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:10:00 am by Nice_Boat »
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2010, 01:13:29 am »

Plasma Rifle should have a much higher range than that imo.

Turbo plasma rifle has range 35 and if ever implemented, it would be best weapon in this game. No need of improving the range of standard one though - you can use a laser rifle - damage is only slightly lower.
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2010, 07:06:15 am »

+10% blanket increase for SG isn't what I'd suggest, things like Pistol's power level are fine as far as I'm concearned - if anything perhaps an increase in the amount of crippled arms to encourage bringing a pistol along as a back-up weapon is all thats needed.

Wasent a literal suggestion more illustrating that playing with sg isn't going to unbalance the game, i'm sure you know how pvp is in game and have some good ideas on how too balance it :)
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2010, 11:15:36 am »

"you cant run while holding a big gun"

the only suggestion i accept... seriosly its odd that a guy with so big bimbo can run upon you and not fall down, lol

Nice_Boat

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2010, 12:52:08 pm »

"you cant run while holding a big gun"

the only suggestion i accept... seriosly its odd that a guy with so big bimbo can run upon you and not fall down, lol

Even the Minigun (which is the heaviest) weights 12kg for pete's sake, people are able to run with heavier and more cumbersome stuff. Moreover, if a young man is unable to run with something like that in his hands I'd call him a cripple. Besides some big guns (Bazooka) aren't much heavier nor do they look bigger than for example a plasma rifle - does running around with that look weird to you too?
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2010, 01:33:01 pm »

So lets change minigun weight to 30kg! ^^ Even if you can run with minigun, you cant run with it pointed at target. But I have no idea how to involve a correct delay :P

Nice_Boat

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2010, 01:45:59 pm »

So lets change minigun weight to 30kg! ^^ Even if you can run with minigun, you cant run with it pointed at target. But I have no idea how to involve a correct delay :P

You can't run with any weapon pointed at a target, the best you could do is walk and even with that your aim would be crap. Changing the weight would make sense in realism terms, but would strongly contradict Fallout lore. Also, every weapon has some sort of a delay because of the firing animation.
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2010, 03:34:38 pm »

well, everything that is "huge" and both hands.

umm, i dont think its possible in FOnline to make their accuracy horrible while running because they cant shoot while running, lol. but if theres like 1-2 second timeout which makes ur accuracy crappy after running... know what i mean? and i dont think weight thing is good idea, if its too big, you wont be able to pick it up..
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2010, 04:44:30 pm »

Admins broken Bonus Rate on Fire , Now everybody want Shot per 30 sek ? omg.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.