"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 06, 2024, 12:42:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Idea for gathering  (Read 831 times)

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
Idea for gathering
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:50:04 am »

I don't know is this already tried, but anyway:
When you use hammer on iron ore rocks, you should usually hit it several times to get one ore. If you are lucky, you might even get one from one hit. Sometimes you just get some "bad ore" that is just useless rock and then you should find a new place for ore or minerals. Cooldown would be pretty low (5 - 10 sec maybe?) between each hit. This way mining would be bit more work than just *click* > wait -> *click* -> wait.

Of course this could be used in other gathering too. Like the fruits you just took were bad somehow or the fiber you gathered was in bad condition.

What you think? I hope you understood what I mean.
Re: Idea for gathering
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:06:32 am »

What you suggest will encourage people to stand near a rock and do nothing (at least nothing meaningful). As far as I know, thats the reason multiple items/big cd were introduced.

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:21:20 am »

Well, you cannot stand near the rock all the time. Once you get the "bad ore", you have to find a another mining place. : )

What else you could do in mining than just stand near a rock and mine? You actually do something this way. Now it is just 1 click and wait 6 minutes (in my opinion it is pretty boring).
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:22:29 am »

Yes, but at least it's playing the game while doing nothing meaningful.

As it stands now, if you're gathering/crafting, you interact with the game once or twice and then you're sitting there twiddling your thumbs for another 2, 5, 60, 300 minutes.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:40:35 am »

Well go hunt something. In 6 mins you can get 2 rippers on average from the caves northeast from Junktown. With them you can buy, let's say 3 flamers from Son of Bob. You can disassemble them for 6-7 metal parts and 1-2 alloys (on average with 80% science and super tool).. That's just an example. There's plenty to do in those 6 min.

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 02:03:36 am »

What if your character doesn't really use any weapons? Like some of mine. They can't hunt almost anything. Of course you can log in with another character, but you have to wait 10 minutes between changing.

Some new players or players that just like to play alone might not have guns to repair or disassemble while waiting. There is no weapons to repair in bases sometimes (repairing also has cd, 1min). Then it is mostly just waiting.

Please, say if you have something in mind to improve this idea (first post).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.