Yes!
- 18 (56.3%)
No!
- 13 (40.6%)
I dunno...
- 1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The trading is rotten...  (Read 7580 times)

Re: The trading is rotten...
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2010, 09:54:02 pm »

Aw, come on, i mean it. The crafting already is boring as heck... It is, but i wouldnt complain about it at all if you could choose how many, lets say, gunpowders you can make at once. But this has been suggested quadrzillion times, so nvm...
I give a fuck.

avv

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2010, 01:59:32 pm »

Reputation, reputation and reputation.

Fresh created alt for one purpose will need to make some quests in certain location(s), trade there, again complete quests and for other location again complete quests there, through these quests he'll unlock possibilities to do something. Reputation will  be as requirements for taking part in TC, town don't want to be conrolled by some unknown strangers. It was told alot times, even by devs that they want to see something like that, so probably someday it'll be so, that alts will be unneccessary, because high reputation some completed quests which required reputation too to unlock them will give more possibilities.

That's right. Reputation is one solution. It could be linked to pvp so that it couldn't be grinded from encounters, or the reputation giving quests or encounters could be somehow "unsafe" so that it'd be possible to meet other players in these locations. For example a quest where you'd have to bring stuff for BoS from Glow, the enclave would also want that stuff and send its agents there.

Moreover, the way how Solar described skills should work  + some sort of faction reputation would be pretty much the end of alts and make the game 10 times more interesting.

Aw, come on, i mean it. The crafting already is boring as heck... It is, but i wouldnt complain about it at all if you could choose how many, lets say, gunpowders you can make at once. But this has been suggested quadrzillion times, so nvm...

One reason why it's boring is because people keep losing their stuff all the time because they die and are thus forced to craft lots of stuff. And dying is very easy and eventually dependent on random misfortunes (random crit from encounter, players spawns in your encounter, lag, crashes).
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2010, 02:14:15 pm »

I think making crafting the backbone of the economy is always going to be too difficult to balance.

Make anything beyond mid-tier gear only obtainable from quests and PvE. If you make the best stuff craftable, you'll always have to deal with crafting alts, as the best gear will require a huge skill investment that people aren't prepared to make with their mains.

That or you make it so the best gear is only usable by the character that crafted it. It'll solve the alt problem, in a way. but it's a very fantasy RPG mechanic.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2010, 02:17:37 pm »

In this vein we have bluebrints (which will be available through quests [of varying difficulty]). Scrapping of tier 3 profs (lowering of required skills) and Restricting where these things can be made (A kind of quest populated by other players, if you will ;)).

So, I agree with you.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:22:01 pm by Solar »
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2010, 02:21:21 pm »

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2010, 06:51:12 am »

I thought about allow player to buy a market or a stand.

Market can work like a kind of base and stand can be rented for a time in protected town like a room.

You have a NPC selling what you give to him and you choose the prices, seems good ! I like it :p

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 06:56:35 am »

I thought about allow player to buy a market or a stand.

Market can work like a kind of base and stand can be rented for a time in protected town like a room.

You have a NPC selling what you give to him and you choose the prices, seems good ! I like it :p
Sounds good, but needs too much time from devs.
Maybe we should now just make them job what they got now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 25 queries.