Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you support the idea?

Yes to suggestion 1
Yes to suggestion 2
Yes, but in a different way (describe)
No. Never. Fonline is not about robots!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Robot mercs (again 2)  (Read 4333 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Robot mercs (again 2)
« on: July 19, 2010, 05:22:58 pm »

Hello, Id like to further brainstom the idea of robot mercs that was already suggested but prematurely closed/locked.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=6420.0

And I say prematurely because there was no clarification from devs part, strong positive feedback from poll voters and subjective hatred from the part of SurfSolar, who just couldnt deal with majority of positive feedback there (sorry for being personal but we know who locked it)

The potential in this thread was not exhausted. I know that its hard to be above most of people on this forum and not to agree with some idea, but Id like THIS thread to be a more developed one. Sorry, but sticking to what some person believe does not make it a fact that it is in contrary with most of people on this forum (based on a poll 70% approved implementation of robots)

It could be locked/closed to generality of the suggestion. Ill try to narrow it as much as I can and please allow for some constructive feedback here from players part.

SUGGESTION

- make robot mercs available to hire based on your INTELLIGENCE count ->
  • IN 7 - 1 robot
  • IN 8- 2 robots
  • IN 10 - 3 robots
sharing the followers size (1 cha by robot) up to 3 robots

- robots should behave just like any other mercs.

- as for types of robots, for sake of testing and balance, Id restrain from implementation of weapon weilding robots. So the possible robots to hire would include:
  • robodog
  • mr handy
  • eyebot

- robots are a bit resistant to normal damage, similarly like MA is to plasma/laser, but they are no resistant at all to plasma/laser.
Why? What for?
As they are being HtH only, they should give some advantage, just to deal with usual robbers, being some dmg meat while you strike some more prominent opponents, or simply resistance because of lack of weilding weapons

SUGGESTION 2

In previous thread I also suggested that if weilding weapon robot would be implemented, namely robobrain for sake of TC, they could have a resistance to normal similar to MA (but lower) and no resistance against plasma/laser damage.
Why? What for?
Simply to create some variety and tactics. EW guy has a hard time with MAmk2 armor user. With robots in-game, knowing that their weakness would be EW, EW guys would be blessed to kill such opponent whereas SG would have a hard time. You can call it justice :D.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Robobrain

All Im saying that they could be the reverse of mutants. Instead of vulnerable to normal/any weapon - armored against normal (to be adjusted of course, their drawback would be using SG weapons like shotguns/hunting rifle, no P90)

Why?
Because we got mutant mercs as well. Why restricting/reducing the content of the game if its already there?

But there was a Great War and there is no robots anymore silly
Robobrains or brain bots are multi-purpose robots whose memory and programs are stored inside an organic or partially organic brain contained in its dome shell atop the machine. Robobrains were created before the Great War by General Atomics International for the U.S. military and for the civilian sector. They are considered superior to most robots, as human brains allow them a wider range of responses and functions than other robots. Their hands are suited to use most tools and weapons usable by humans.

tl; dr - robots fought in the Great War, there were thousands of them

Also from http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_cut_content you can read

The robots in the SAD going to the repair bay for maintenance and repair bots replacing killed robots with new ones.

Also to support the idea even further as to not to neglect robots role in postacalyptic fonline. You could see robots quite often:
  • mining robot - Klamath
  • robodog NCR, Navarro
  • brainbot NCR mechanic
  • floating eye, robobrain, sentry bot - Sierra Army Depot
  • Robots also existed in Fallout 1 (floating eye, mr handy, robobrain

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout_robots_and_computers

CONCERNING THE FACTS PRESENTED ABOVE
please dont spam this thread with some imaginative ROBOTS WERE LOST IN A GREAT WAR (2077). They were in F1 (2161) and F2 (2241). 2 more robots in F2 meaning that they were developing. Its over 160 years god dammit. Enough for scientists in the vaults that oppened to produce their own robots and repair them.

Please make suggestions about actual implementation of robots their role and not to solely undermine its existence as the only wall of defense. And please let this thread to develop.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:28:15 pm by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Robot mercs (again 2)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 06:07:40 pm »

i'd love to have a robobrin guard, just because of the fact thet they look awesome

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 07:28:24 am »

HtH Only? Naw My Idea was C00ler :P
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 08:39:31 am »

I think there should be a scientist profession that allows you to craft robot parts in order to create robot followers. All robots would require a living brain extracted from unconscious ai using the doc skill. For robodog you'd need dog brains and robot parts. Robobrains would have the skill stats of whatever ai you harvested the brain from but would be limited by its body (sg and ew pistols). First tier unarmed (Robodog), second tier pistols and 3rd tier rifles. This would also stimulate trade in leveled slaves(once it's fixed) for higher skill sets.

Robot parts would function just like any other craftable, 3 tiers of parts with increasingly expensive and rare components.

I agree with having a 10 int for 3 robot limit, as charisma is clearly a useless stat for anything but followers and int is the backbone of most character builds so cha should have the advantage. The high investment in science/doctors would stop it from being an addition to other builds and the stronger followers than slavery would make it viable for combat(possibly, still wouldn't be much competition for anything serious).

For the brain harvesting, I think the formula should be something like ai level*10 vs doc% with a roll for chance. The brain would require suspension in biomed jel tank(crafted) which would have to be carried by the player doing the extraction. This would make pure doctor characters useful in gathering without spamming the traders with brains.

Robodogs need to be nerfed and robobrains would need a stat increase for balance.

For those who say the game doesn't need or shouldn't have robots consider the following. Robots were mass produced and were common in american homes. Since they were mass produced they'd have modular parts and a scientific minded person would be able to figure out how to make them based on books and examining broken ones. You couldn't make a computer from scratch but any idiot can assemble one. As for it not fitting the fallout theme, it fits perfectly. The world was a futuristic 50's vision of the future when the bombs dropped, just because some people prefer to focus on the mad max settlers vs raiders aspect of the game and block out the 50's scifi like mutation from radiation or aliens doesn't mean it's "unfalloutish". If the enclave can make APA better than the scientists before the bombs fell then clearly all knowledge of robotics is not lost and robots are no more futuristic than laser pistols.

Also all the items like different brains are already in game since this was part of fallout 2 so it would be really easy to implement.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:11:35 am by Roachor »

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 08:39:46 am »

The game plays in a setting after a nuclear war. As Solar Sun said many times it just don't fits. Let's see where we can find robots in the game:

West Tek Research Facility aka. The Glow - a high tech base of the United States government
Mariposa Military Base - a high tech base of the United States government
Toxic Caves - a military warehouse
Sierra Army Depot - a storehouse of the United States government to defend the country
Navarro and Oil Rig - taken by the Enclanve, a militaristic organization

Let's compare that with us:

We are average wastelanders living in a cave or an old bunker. Thats far away from being a high tech militaristic organization like the Enclave.  
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 09:05:31 am »

The game plays in a setting after a nuclear war. As Solar Sun said many times it just don't fits. Let's see where we can find robots in the game:

West Tek Research Facility aka. The Glow - a high tech base of the United States government
Mariposa Military Base - a high tech base of the United States government
Toxic Caves - a military warehouse
Sierra Army Depot - a storehouse of the United States government to defend the country
Navarro and Oil Rig - taken by the Enclanve, a militaristic organization

Let's compare that with us:

We are average wastelanders living in a cave or an old bunker. Thats far away from being a high tech militaristic organization like the Enclave.  

Yup just average citizens walking around with miniguns and combat armour going to and from a vault bunker guarded by supermutants with plasma rifles. In an anarchistic world you are free to make anything you want of yourself and no one plays this game to rp a radiated bum scraping by. Limiting the game because something is too "cool" just insures the game will remain boring and bland. Also surf_solar is a GM, not a dev and his knowledge is about music. His opinion is worth about as much as anyone else's here.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:09:08 am by Roachor »

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 09:16:26 am »

Yup just average citizens walking around with miniguns and combat armour going to and from a vault bunker guarded by supermutants with plasma rifles. In an anarchistic world you are free to make anything you want of yourself and no one plays this game to rp a radiated bum scraping by. Limiting the game because something is too "cool" just insures the game will remain boring and bland. Also surf_solar is a GM and his knowledge is about music, his opinion is worth about as much as anyone else's here.

That's what I said many many times. People get stuff like miniguns and Combat Armors way too easy. I don't really care if you just want to run around with your minigun and your robots slaughtering some bluesuits, I don't expect something else from an MDK member. But if I play a game where the level and the items mean something I want to be proud to have it. And I know that Surf Solar isn't a god or something like that, but his opinion means more to me than yours...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:35:51 am by Winston Wolf »

kraskish

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 11:34:13 am »

That's what I said many many times. People get stuff like miniguns and Combat Armors way too easy. I don't really care if you just want to run around with your minigun and your robots slaughtering some bluesuits, I don't expect something else from an MDK member. But if I play a game where the level and the items mean something I want to be proud to have it. And I know that Surf Solar isn't a god or something like that, but his opinion means more to me than yours...

Well I suppose you felt with original fallout 1 or f2 quite bad since robots were there all around. What about mutants? There were less common to follow you and yet you have them. There was one place to see them (Broken Hills) but so is the Sierra Army Depot.

If you want to be so average wastelander how do you convince a mutant, who is stronger and 2x bigger than you to follow you. Anyway, according to fallout bible masters army was destroyed after fallout 1. Anyway Fallout 1 took place in 2161, where the chosen one destroyed the leader. After destroying him the chosen one stopped the HQ of spreading new mutants, because mutants cant breed. They can be only created by FEV infection and it is not until F2 when a scientist in Navarro drops the FEV into the water (if you choose so). So from 2161 they dont breed at all and until 2238 they should all be dead, whereas robots existed in F1 and F2 and there was no military guarding it.

If youre talking about any logic, please see above. There is evidence that robots should be even if not more common than mutants. FYI, robots are eternal, just the parts may corrode and stuff but they dont DIE. With so big amount of robots used in the Great War there should be plenty of them.

Another thing is, I dont really dont understand Winston Wolf, why do you want to reduce the game of its content? Robots are the only class/type of NPCs not implemented to the game. If its there in F1 and F2 why shouldnt it be used? I know youll cover all this robot idea is illogical... :/

The Great War happened in 2077 and were playing in 2238. Its almost 160 years AFTER.

I didnt want to start the discussion about moral aspects of introducing robots cause I thought I provided strong arguments in my first post. Nevertheless, Ill try to develop this in a way I planned FACEPALM

I think there should be a scientist profession that allows you to craft robot parts in order to create robot followers. All robots would require a living brain extracted from unconscious ai using the doc skill. For robodog you'd need dog brains and robot parts. Robobrains would have the skill stats of whatever ai you harvested the brain from but would be limited by its body (sg and ew pistols). First tier unarmed (Robodog), second tier pistols and 3rd tier rifles. This would also stimulate trade in leveled slaves(once it's fixed) for higher skill sets.

Robot parts would function just like any other craftable, 3 tiers of parts with increasingly expensive and rare components.

I agree with having a 10 int for 3 robot limit, as charisma is clearly a useless stat for anything but followers and int is the backbone of most character builds so cha should have the advantage. The high investment in science/doctors would stop it from being an addition to other builds and the stronger followers than slavery would make it viable for combat(possibly, still wouldn't be much competition for anything serious).

For the brain harvesting, I think the formula should be something like ai level*10 vs doc% with a roll for chance. The brain would require suspension in biomed jel tank(crafted) which would have to be carried by the player doing the extraction. This would make pure doctor characters useful in gathering without spamming the traders with brains.

Robodogs need to be nerfed and robobrains would need a stat increase for balance.

For those who say the game doesn't need or shouldn't have robots consider the following. Robots were mass produced and were common in american homes. Since they were mass produced they'd have modular parts and a scientific minded person would be able to figure out how to make them based on books and examining broken ones. You couldn't make a computer from scratch but any idiot can assemble one. As for it not fitting the fallout theme, it fits perfectly. The world was a futuristic 50's vision of the future when the bombs dropped, just because some people prefer to focus on the mad max settlers vs raiders aspect of the game and block out the 50's scifi like mutation from radiation or aliens doesn't mean it's "unfalloutish". If the enclave can make APA better than the scientists before the bombs fell then clearly all knowledge of robotics is not lost and robots are no more futuristic than laser pistols.

Also all the items like different brains are already in game since this was part of fallout 2 so it would be really easy to implement.

Hm, I guess crafting is more controversial, but why not. Id be something different from what you can get now, only for cash, I like it.

I remember NCR mechanic (where some guy went suicidal in F2) meaning that the person had enough skill to assemble it.

Ok, so going into crafting of the robots heres my idea:

robodog

Cyberdog is a generic term for any dog that has been modified robotically. For some dogs, such as Robodog  of NCR's Dr. Henry, the modifications are basically physical modifications, such as robotic enhancements to limbs. Others, such as K-9 of Navarro's Dr. Schreber, are more extensively modified, with enhancements to the brain and vocal organs allowing intelligence and speech.

• dog - buyable
    • hydroprocessor motor (or whatever you got in SAD when constructing robo brain) - buyable
    • water chip (looks like a processor hehe) - obtained like EP

Robobrain / Brain bot

West Coast

Robobrains in California and neighboring states do not possess integrated weapon systems inside their frame. Rather, their flexible arms and organic processors were tailored to use regular firearms (such as rifles) in combat, something they are able to do with disturbing efficiency. Most pre-War robobrains (such as those in the Glow) carry sniper rifles and assault rifles, although units with City-Killer Combat Shotguns were also sighted.
    [edit] East Coast

Robobrains are substantially more durable, accurate, and dangerous than the more commonly-encountered Protectron robot. Armed with a pair of integrated laser weapons roughly equal in power to a Laser Pistol, the Robobrain is a moderate threat, though easy to damage due to its size and extreme vulnerability to head shots. On the back of every Robobrain is a Combat Inhibitor which, if crippled, will cause the RoboBrain to frenzy, attacking everything indiscriminately.

• brain (division of brains llater)- obtained from killed NPCs
    • hydroprocessor motor - buyable
    • bio med gel - buyable as it is now

Brains
    I guess being doctor lvl 2 or similar 90% of doctor would be required to obtain the skill to extract the brain from a killed humanoid. But to activate it in Fallout 2 one needed some amount of science as well. And division in fallout 2 was:
    • abnormal brain <70% science (doesnt listen to commands, cant leave party unless killed)
    • chimpanzee brain <90% science (listens to commands)
    • human brain <120% science (listens + mediocre weapon skills)
    • cybernetic brain >120% science (listens + good weapon (or even repair) skill + levels up)

Of course Im not a formula master but it should be a roll so that it is a lottery what brain you achieve. You activate brain holding it in inventory and speaking to the terminal you want to activate it.

Personally I think it should be based on your INT, rather than science because it will spawn alts. The chance of rescuing a brain should be low. Its like genetics, very hard to achieve some good result. So lets say once having a brains in your inventory a person speaks to the computer and selects one out of four brains to try to rescue
    • (INT/2)*10 = %chance - abnormal brain (doesnt listen to commands, cant leave party unless killed)
    • (INT/3)*10 = %chance - chimpanzee brain (listens to commands)
    • (INT/5)*10 = %chance - human brain (listens + mediocre weapon skills)
    • (INT/7)*10 = %chance - cybernetic brain (listens + good weapon (or even repair) skill + levels up)
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:34:19 pm by kraskish »

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
      • The Guardians
    « Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 12:33:55 pm »

Well I suppose you felt with original fallout 1 or f2 quite bad since robots were there all around.

Are there any other locations where you can find them which I didn't list above?

What about mutants? There were less common to follow you and yet you have them. There was one place to see them (Broken Hills) but so is the Sierra Army Depot.
    If you want to be so average wastelander how do you convince a mutant, who is stronger and 2x bigger than you to follow you. Anyway, according to fallout bible masters army was destroyed after fallout 1. Anyway Fallout 1 took place in 2161, where the chosen one destroyed the leader. After destroying him the chosen one stopped the HQ of spreading new mutants, because mutants cant breed. They can be only created by FEV infection and it is not until F2 when a scientist in Navarro drops the FEV into the water (if you choose so). So from 2161 dont breed at all and until 2238 they should all be dead, whereas robots existed in F1 and F2 and there was no military guarding it.

The NCR has about 700.000 citizens around 2240. Of course they can't display 700.000 NPCs in the game, thats why NCR doesn't look like a city with 700k people. The same with Broken Hills. There could be 1000, 2000 or even 5000 citizens. The master begins with his experiments at 2104 and makes them until 2162, that are 58 years. So I could imagine that there still are a few mutants out there. :)

If youre talking about any logic, please see above. There is evidence that robots should be even if not more common than mutants. FYI, robots are eternal, just the parts may corrode and stuff but they dont DIE. With so big amount of robots used in the Great War there should be plenty of them.

Robots are a very complex piece of technology. They should be available for people with good knowledge of science, repair and a high intelligence. The problem is, that (thanks to alts) every idiot is going to have a robot and thats something I don't want to see. (You see N00BPWNZER and his robot army...)

Another thing is, I dont really dont understand Winston Wolf, why do you want to reduce the game of its content? Robots are the only class/type of NPCs not implemented to the game. If its there in F1 and F2 why shouldnt it be used? I know youll cover all this robot idea is illogical... :/

I don't want to see them as mercs. I'd agree if you could get one robot by making a team quest, only available for chars with a high level. Thats something I could happily live with. :)

kraskish

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 01:33:31 pm »

Are there any other locations where you can find them which I didn't list above?

I listed robot locations as well, which doesnt serve your argument well. It just proves there are places where robots should be, meaning they should be scavenged somewhere and traded by some dumb wastelanders who dont know what to do with them with people of higher intelligence like scientists from VC, NCR, SF etc

The NCR has about 700.000 citizens around 2240. Of course they can't display 700.000 NPCs in the game, thats why NCR doesn't look like a city with 700k people. The same with Broken Hills. There could be 1000, 2000 or even 5000 citizens. The master begins with his experiments at 2104 and makes them until 2162, that are 58 years. So I could imagine that there still are a few mutants out there. :)

Nope. Youre wrong. 700 000 is the population of the entire NCR state, enclosing Shady, Los Angeles, Maxson, Hub and Dayglow. The city itself (NCR as well) iis smaller.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_California_Republic

You didnt read. Mutants cant breed. Cant have children. After 60 years they are all dead. Yeah maybe master was preparing a lot of FEV but there was no command and intelligence was not the main advantage of mutants except the Master.

Robots are a very complex piece of technology. They should be available for people with good knowledge of science, repair and a high intelligence. The problem is, that (thanks to alts) every idiot is going to have a robot and thats something I don't want to see. (You see N00BPWNZER and his robot army...)

Yep, thats why there are vaults with pre-war knowledge and scientists. Nope, not really everyone. Based on your INT count up to 3 sharing your CHA (count as 1 cha per robot) wouldnt make any army. Also low retrieving brain chances would reserve the robots to a small group, like slaves. Or if they would be obtainable I dont see anything wrong with it, just like having a mutant who shouldnt live by now, but somehow lives and whats more you can have it shovelling shit for couple of days. Well thats really convincing

I don't want to see them as mercs. I'd agree if you could get one robot by making a team quest, only available for chars with a high level. Thats something I could happily live with. :)

Why high level? I suggested HtH robots or maybe a brainbot with a shotgun. Compare this with a mutant weilding a rocket launcher.

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
      • The Guardians
    « Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 01:52:07 pm »

Nope. Youre wrong. 700 000 is the population of the entire NCR state, enclosing Shady, Los Angeles, Maxson, Hub and Dayglow. The city itself (NCR as well) iis smaller.

Oh, my bad. Still, a lot of people.

You didnt read. Mutants cant breed. Cant have children. After 60 years they are all dead. Yeah maybe master was preparing a lot of FEV but there was no command and intelligence was not the main advantage of mutants except the Master.

I know that they can't breed, but they are "better" as the master said. Marcus is at least 79 years old when he meets the Chosen One and he appeared very fresh to me for a 79 year old "man". :) (He's probably much older than 79)

Yep, thats why there are vaults with pre-war knowledge and scientists. Nope, not really everyone. Based on your INT count up to 3 sharing your CHA (count as 1 cha per robot) wouldnt make any army. Also low retrieving brain chances would reserve the robots to a small group, like slaves. Or if they would be obtainable I dont see anything wrong with it, just like having a mutant who shouldnt live by now, but somehow lives and whats more you can have it shovelling shit for couple of days. Well thats really convincing

You just don't get the point. It's the wasteland. The world after a nuclear war. Billions of people are dead, cities are destroyed and you want to run around with robots like they are still in bulk production. Mutants in contrast were created after the war, (And not just 10 or 20) able to live longer than normal humans.

Why high level? I suggested HtH robots or maybe a brainbot with a shotgun. Compare this with a mutant weilding a rocket launcher.

Because you just can't level 10 alts up to level 15 to get such a robot, first of all if it's a teamquest. It's not about strength, it's about atmosphere and realism in the world of Fallout.

kraskish

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 02:40:03 pm »

Oh, my bad. Still, a lot of people.

Yep, but what do you want to suggest with that? More people means greater speed of moving forward with the technology or whatever

I know that they can't breed, but they are "better" as the master said. Marcus is at least 79 years old when he meets the Chosen One and he appeared very fresh to me for a 79 year old "man". :) (He's probably much older than 79)

And the wasteland is harsh. Ghouls and humans were fighting mutants. Luckily Marcus and some crew remained, but compare this to advanced technology locations (2-3 functional vaults, Navarro, SF ship, oil rig

You just don't get the point. It's the wasteland. The world after a nuclear war. Billions of people are dead, cities are destroyed and you want to run around with robots like they are still in bulk production. Mutants in contrast were created after the war, (And not just 10 or 20) able to live longer than normal humans.

I understand. The same as above they had more enemies. FEV was unstable in much cases, it was not like it was 100% sure that a person dipped in FEV will become a mutant. FEV tests in Fallout 2 reveal many tests and how unclear the effects of FEV were. Small % became mutants and maybe marcus was 79 but that doesnt prove any point why should there be any more mutants than it is there in Fallout 2 (only broken hills - compare that to robot locations or advanced technology locations)

Because you just can't level 10 alts up to level 15 to get such a robot, first of all if it's a teamquest. It's not about strength, it's about atmosphere and realism in the world of Fallout.

Ok, so explain to me what is the train doing in my fonline? UPS, I thought the great war destroyed all the tracks. No mention in Fallout bible whatsoever. Its completely made for players. Theres no mention about mutants being stable or breeding, maybe they were going through wastes like in F2, robots didnt die, there are still active cause of skynet.

I understand youd like this to be unique, but all in all you had more robot followers in F2 than mutants in whole fallout or fallout 2 and yet you can have only mutant follower of these two

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
      • The Guardians
    « Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 03:12:18 pm »

Yep, but what do you want to suggest with that? More people means greater speed of moving forward with the technology or whatever

I wanted to say that there might be more mutants as you think.

I understand. The same as above they had more enemies. FEV was unstable in much cases, it was not like it was 100% sure that a person dipped in FEV will become a mutant. FEV tests in Fallout 2 reveal many tests and how unclear the effects of FEV were. Small % became mutants and maybe marcus was 79 but that doesnt prove any point why should there be any more mutants than it is there in Fallout 2 (only broken hills - compare that to robot locations or advanced technology locations)

Right. Neither it proves that they can't, so a discussion about that is useless until the Fallout developers come here to clear that up. I just wanted to mention it.

Ok, so explain to me what is the train doing in my fonline? UPS, I thought the great war destroyed all the tracks. No mention in Fallout bible whatsoever. Its completely made for players. Theres no mention about mutants being stable or breeding, maybe they were going through wastes like in F2, robots didnt die, there are still active cause of skynet.

People are using the steam locomotive since the beginning of the 19th century. I guess some smart people would accomplish it to make a train with metal parts and junk in the year 2238. (I guess robots are a bit more complicated than trains, right?)

I understand youd like this to be unique, but all in all you had more robot followers in F2 than mutants in whole fallout or fallout 2 and yet you can have only mutant follower of these two.

What had the Chosen One to do to get those followers?

Skynet -> He had to install a motor and a brain and activate the robot with a computer
    K-9 -> The Chosen One found him at Navarro and had to repair him with a servo-motor
    Robodog -> You get him by a former Enclave scientist

Do you think they have one robot for every FOnline player out there? I don't think so. But you're right with the mutants. They neither should have 1 mutant for every wastelander out there. ;)
    « Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:19:57 pm by Winston Wolf »

kraskish

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 03:29:33 pm »

People are using the steam locomotive since the beginning of the 19th century. I guess some smart people would accomplish it to make a train with metal parts and junk in the year 2238. (I guess robots are a bit more complicated than trains, right?)

The train runs on a hybrid of steam engine and energy cells, while the main power is obtained out of micro fusion and small energy cells, because it's the easiest and most effective way. The steam engine isn't built into the train directly, but can be attached to it, in case the vehicle has to cross wide and less advanced areas.

I dont know if average wastelander can operate a damn locomotive and whats better lay down thousand of miles of railway tracks... Train exists only in Fonline. Its totally beyond Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

You can speculate which thing is harder to do, to build railway tracks on destroyed land from scratch and build a locomotive using microfusion cells and steam and find an operator and a whole company to found this kind of big-scale investment or to repair single robots found in bases.

If it was possible to make an microfussion engine it would be possible to activate a robot. Give me a break, robot is far less complicated than whole microfussion cell powered locomotive. Yep chosen one activated a couple of robots that were malfunctional but also found a whole base full of functional robots guarding the place in SAD. In Glow as well in F1 (as I remember) so it would be a matter of time to get those robots back to work with the use of microfussion cell or whatever the power would be

And one more thing. You probably havent read my post to the end:

CONCERNING THE FACTS PRESENTED ABOVE
    please dont spam this thread with some imaginative ROBOTS WERE LOST IN A GREAT WAR (2077). They were in F1 (2161) and F2 (2241). 2 more robots in F2 meaning that they were developing. Its over 160 years god dammit. Enough for scientists in the vaults that oppened to produce their own robots and repair them.

Please make suggestions about actual implementation of robots their role and not to solely undermine its existence as the only wall of defense. And please let this thread to develop.
    « Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:35:38 pm by kraskish »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
    « Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 08:54:37 pm »

now i will say this simple:
    1.The crafteble robots=more alts=more robots=other crapy PKs whit robots instead of SlegeMerks
    2.The Enslaveble robot=caps worth easy=more bunker bases/more mutie merks=other crapy PKs whit mutie merks instead of SlegeMerks
    3.The buyeble robots=more toys for super rich factions=other crapy PKs whit robots instead of SlegeMerks
    4.The Robo-encounters=good ideea,no downfalls
    5.I personaly lova all the ideeas,bu we must think of how it will be used against us,i realy love the ideea

PS.Mutants are not sterile:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui3ZCSrdwJU
    Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.374 seconds with 26 queries.