"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:31:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Food and water  (Read 13749 times)

Re: Food and water
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2010, 06:41:12 pm »

I hope if this food idea is implemented, we would be able cut off the meat of the corpses to eat it and drink blood.
Actually this would make PKing newbs make sense - for food.
You know - wasteland is harsh...
"Audiences like to see the bad guys get their comeuppance."
Charles Bronson
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2010, 06:47:26 pm »

Like the cannibal perk in Fallout 3. :D

avv

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2010, 07:09:28 pm »

Like the cannibal perk in Fallout 3. :D

Or like cannibal in almost every post apo story. Cannibalism could provide some bonus but have a drawback that you weren't accepted everywhere. If you watched book of eli cannibals were hated and feared by the others and they could be recognized from shaky hands.

Selling child slaves to cannibals, now that would be some evil shit.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2010, 07:29:51 pm »

Cannibals having shaky hands? That is a rumour like ferocious masturbators going blind and growing hairy palms...
Unless you put a bone in your hair, I don't see how can one be identified as a cannibal.

I don't think cannibalism should have any advantages, maybe getting a bloody mess perk free after drinking a hectolitre of blood (no vampire crap please).
On the other hand healthy non-radiated food cooked from rare herbs and vegetables should have temporary positive effects.
"Audiences like to see the bad guys get their comeuppance."
Charles Bronson

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2010, 03:39:43 am »

The day any stupid "Fallout" 3 perk gets introduced will be the day I am quitting. ;) :D

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2010, 03:50:29 am »

The day any stupid "Fallout" 3 perk gets introduced will be the day I am quitting. ;) :D
That means all the perks are stupid because they had perks from the old fallouts in fallout 3.  I don't see you quitting so...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2010, 03:55:20 am »

Hello there, Mr. Smartass. I have here Document AXGUS-535630248 in my shelf, it says that a person called "Michael139" is called "captain obvious" in some kind of forum. Normal people would understand the last quote "Surf_Solar" said, but some didn't. What to do?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2010, 04:06:54 am »

Hello there, Mr. Smartass. I have here Document AXGUS-535630248 in my shelf, it says that a person called "Michael139" is called "captain obvious" in some kind of forum. Normal people would understand the last quote "Surf_Solar" said, but some didn't. What to do?
Take some pills and buy a punching bag.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/Michaelh139/jpg.jpg

After I saw that I knew what was coming, luvin the new title, nice to know how much you love me.  :-*

Its a shame though, I didn't think you'd go so low as to make fun of my age.  :'(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:27:35 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2010, 03:27:00 pm »

Cannibals having shaky hands? That is a rumour like ferocious masturbators going blind and growing hairy palms...

It's not a rumour.

Unless you put a bone in your hair, I don't see how can one be identified as a cannibal.

Hey extended cannibalism and the violence needed to get it done isn't particularly normal stuff to do for humans. It's gonna drive you nuts or make you a weirdo eventually. Recognizing cannibals would just provide good settings for conflicts with cannibals vs anti-cannibals.

I don't think cannibalism should have any advantages, maybe getting a bloody mess perk free after drinking a hectolitre of blood (no vampire crap please).
On the other hand healthy non-radiated food cooked from rare herbs and vegetables should have temporary positive effects.

Clean meat isn't or shouldn't be that common in the wasteland, or at least not available for everyone.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2010, 03:57:53 pm »

It's not a rumour.

I've been searching a bit around that, and I confirm it's not a rumour. Cannibals are affected by the kuru, a disease that appears when you eat dead corpses.

The word kuru is taken from the Fore word "kuria/guria", 'to shake'.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2010, 04:29:04 pm »

That means all the perks are stupid because they had perks from the old fallouts in fallout 3.  I don't see you quitting so...
Fail. Read all the post again and this time actually THINK. HARD.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2010, 04:44:23 pm »

Some cultures believe that eating human flesh gives some of the powers of your victim. May be when you eat a player your skills can be raised temporally according to the lvl of your victim.
Also cannibals may lose some chance to hit, for the shaking hands.
"Is it possible for man to conquer his own Karma!? Unless we can find a way to defeat the cycles of time, there is no future for mankind!"
-Desty Nova.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2010, 05:05:57 pm »

I've been searching a bit around that, and I confirm it's not a rumour. Cannibals are affected by the kuru, a disease that appears when you eat dead corpses.

Well from what I've read, it was only because they were eating nervous system/brain of the corpse, the muscle (what you would eat if it's only for food) don't give the disease.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2010, 11:09:05 pm »

I've just thought about something : if FOnline was more "Sims-like" it could attract more girls on the game :D
What do you think about that ?

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2010, 11:39:49 pm »

I'm for food and water. It can be hard to get, why the hell not. Hunger offline - NO
Being hungry/thirsty might lower stats, skills and max hit points (to not make it so easy - if you die from starvation/, you respawn still having lowered stats and 1-2 hours to get food/ or facing another respawn.

As to poor noobs - there can be something like 'free food stand' in one or two cities (no more than that),
or
(better)
some kind of "will work for food" quests, similar to shit shoveling or "caravan box running". Working for food... yeah...

cannibalism - I would be carefull on that...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:43:04 pm by DrapiChrust »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.