"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:21:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Food and water  (Read 12416 times)

Re: Food and water
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 08:31:40 pm »

It is not that hard to pick fruit in random encounters. Seems to me a lot of people are against it because it messes up their way of playing. Not everyone is a crafter, not everyone is a PK-- or interested in PvP for that matter. I see it as another way to boost the economy of the game. If you don't want to waste time finding food you can just buy it from another player-- that is part of the point. It could also open the door to new professions that improve the quality and benefit from specific foods.

As for automatic eating of food in inventory-- I'd be ok with that as long as there was an option to poison food-- and reverse pick pocket it. :)

As for it making new characters more of a target-- from what I've seen blue suits already are. Anyone who has played for just a few hours knows that people will kill you knowing that you probably don't have anything of value. That is just part of the wastes. :P

I mean yeah, it could make things harder-- for example, if factions had to keep their base stocked with food and water or else run the risk of their guards retreating.

I don't think anyone said anything about starving while offline.

avv

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 08:39:31 pm »

How to prevent Niceboat's prophecy? Make it so that low levels only need to consume low level food: apples, meat, everything cheap and unrefined. While high levels needed refined food like noodles and whatnot. Maybe even booze and cigarettes to keep their stress levels down, killing hundreds of people is actually nerve racking unless you're a psycho  ;) 

But all in all there's no reason to add this yet since it would make just another reason to make an additional alt and make wasteland harsher for those who aren't powergamers.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 12:36:53 pm »

How to prevent Niceboat's prophecy? Make it so that low levels only need to consume low level food: apples, meat, everything cheap and unrefined. While high levels needed refined food like noodles and whatnot. Maybe even booze and cigarettes to keep their stress levels down, killing hundreds of people is actually nerve racking unless you're a psycho  ;) 

But all in all there's no reason to add this yet since it would make just another reason to make an additional alt and make wasteland harsher for those who aren't powergamers.

This would actually be horribad for weak gangs and the few semi-experienced loners out there, especially if such hi-tier food would be available in unguarded locations. Also, honestly - if getting food would be easy, what's the point? Let's just assume it's fully automatic and screw it. Now, on the other hand, if food were to be scarce - by all means, introduce it, just be aware that the consequences will be severe and won't hit the people some people would love to aim at.

Once again: you can't hit the top of the server with changing game mechanics. They're on the lead for a reason. You can hurt other people with introducing such stuff, but I doubt they'd like it.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 12:43:17 pm »

It won't be implemented to hurt the "server elite" or other players, but for the atmosphere.  ::)
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2010, 12:45:03 pm »

Wasteland is going to be even more harsh. Yeah!

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2010, 12:51:11 pm »

What harsh you see in eating radiated fruits?
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Nice_Boat

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2010, 12:54:52 pm »

It won't be implemented to hurt the "server elite" or other players, but for the atmosphere.  ::)

I'm eating a sandwich right now. It's not particularly cool, neither is it post-apo. It's exactly as I've said - introducing easy to get food is pointless, introducing hard to get food is going to hit low-tier players (and some people will support it because they think it will hurt the best gangs because this subforum is retarded like that).

Also, it's not "server elite" as some dumb people would like to believe (as in "there's no elite and I'm cool like that"). This server has an elite, everyone who has played for more than a month knows who these people are and the GMs/moderators harboring some kind of spite towards them... oh well, one could write a master thesis on sociology with this one. I guess the problem lies with the devs recruiting such people from the NCR community and epic radscorpion murderers instead of people who actually play the friggin' game.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2010, 01:08:00 pm »

Also, it's not "server elite" as some dumb people would like to believe (as in "there's no elite and I'm cool like that"). This server has an elite, everyone who has played for more than a month knows who these people are and the GMs/moderators harboring some kind of spite towards them... oh well, one could write a master thesis on sociology with this one.

If your so called "elite" is basing on the people who constantly cause trouble on the forum, the game itself or on IRC, people who are "playing" the game in the kind of actually shooting each other 24/7, then for sure you are right. Also, ofcourse not "pro pvping" constantly automatically makes a player not a player, but ofcourse a so called "noob". Right.
I guess the problem lies with the devs recruiting such people from the NCR community and epic radscorpion murderers instead of people who actually play the friggin' game.

Oh yes, every member of the staff is a "NCR n00b" who reached his mastery in killing the baddest radscorpion. That automatically qualifies them to get powers to harass you noble and innocent "elite" players.

I'm eating a sandwich right now. It's not particularly cool, neither is it post-apo. It's exactly as I've said - introducing easy to get food is pointless, introducing hard to get food is going to hit low-tier players (and some people will support it because they think it will hurt the best gangs because this subforum is retarded like that).

Oh yes! Comparing you making a sandwich is absolutely comparable to the wasteland. Also - it's not that people are hungry or low on water in the postapocalypse? Screw that, who needs to actually survive when you can just shoot each other?
In damn near every postapo-movie/book/game people are fighting each other for the food, for the water. It was present in Fallout too. People smash each others head to get maybe a little piece of meat to survive the next day, people throw other people rocks in the face till they die in order to get the water they've seen on the victim. And for what are you fighting now?
You are fighting for the lulz, because you can, there is no actual meaning in fighting each other other then "I am pr0, I kill you" or "I want this armor!".

Nice_Boat

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2010, 01:18:42 pm »

If your so called "elite" is basing on the people who constantly cause trouble on the forum, the game itself or on IRC, people who are "playing" the game in the kind of actually shooting each other 24/7, then for sure you are right. Also, ofcourse not "pro pvping" constantly automatically makes a player not a player, but ofcourse a so called "noob". Right.

Somehow these people magically find most bugs and balance the PvP element. Moreover, those people (also magically) are responsible for the current TC system that magically suits almost everyone and magically doesn't have any problems with bluesuit takeovers and swarms-effing-everywhere. See, it's magic.

Oh yes, every member of the staff is a "NCR n00b" who reached his mastery in killing the baddest radscorpion. That automatically qualifies them to get powers to harass you noble and innocent "elite" players.

Yes, most of the recent nominations are dumb like that. Because honestly, nobody would even recognize you if not for the fact that you have teh power.

Oh yes! Comparing you making a sandwich is absolutely comparable to the wasteland. Also - it's not that people are hungry or low on water in the postapocalypse? Screw that, who needs to actually survive when you can just shoot each other?
In damn near every postapo-movie/book/game people are fighting each other for the food, for the water. It was present in Fallout too. People smash each others head to get maybe a little piece of meat to survive the next day, people throw other people rocks in the face till they die in order to get the water they've seen on the victim. And for what are you fighting now?".

So yeah. You want food to be hard to get (oh, look, the Nice_Boat prophecy is true). So basically you want all the inexperienced players to be royally effed up their arses. It's totally not like I've said this a few posts earlier. Feel good now?

You are fighting for the lulz, because you can, there is no actual meaning in fighting each other other then "I am pr0, I kill you" or "I want this armor!

This is particularly delicious because it proves you don't know anything about wasteland politics and you actually are one of the NCR community. See, we're not. We're fighting for power, because the game is set up like that. And in the end, if there was no wipe, one group could achieve something close to a total victory. The TTTLA group could have their wish of a safe north granted, we could have our wish of constant warfare and chaos granted etc. Player created environment at its best. But there's no point in explaining this stuff to someone like you, because you see the gangs as bad people who always placed you on the output side of a minigun.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:27:03 pm by Nice_Boat »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2010, 01:36:52 pm »

Somehow these people magically find most bugs

And magically don't report them unless it's no exploit which gives them advantages.

Moreover, those people (also magically) are responsible for the current TC system that magically suits almost everyone and magically doesn't have any problems with bluesuit takeovers and swarms-effing-everywhere. See, it's magic.

Magically, no one denied that some of these suggestions were helpfull. Also, keep in mind that the game is far from finished and many things will change in the future anyway (pvp elements too). Also - lol @ "magically suiting everyone". Indeed, thats magic! :D

Yes, most of the recent nominations are dumb like that. Because honestly, nobody would even recognize you if not for the fact that you have teh power.

And who cares if one recognizes me or other staff members? What a flying fuck does it matter if some people are recognizing you? Another "magic" argument. That people are actually quite helpfull behind the scenes probably slipped your mind.

So yeah. You want food to be hard to get (oh, look, the Nice_Boat prophecy is true). So basically you want all the inexperienced players to be royally effed up their arses. It's totally not like I've said this a few posts earlier. Feel good now?

Did I say that? No. You'll see what the future brings anyway.

This is particularly delicious because it proves you don't know anything about wasteland politics and you actually are one of the NCR community. See, we're not. We're fighting for power, because the game is set up like that. And in the end, if there was no wipe, one group could achieve something close to a total victory. But there's no point in explaining this stuff to someone like you, because you see the gangs as bad people who always placed you on the output side of a minigun.

You must be a bad wizard to assume I am also part of the "NCR community" as I've visited this place with my normal playing characters only one time since the last wipe since I hate this city too. That sure makes me part of the community (besides that no one gives a fuck about that). And, now enlighten my poor ncr-ish mind, for which "power" you are fighting? The power to annoy all other gangs, to "have" all cities, to power your egos seeing the name in the pipboy?

But as you said I don't deserve to be enlightend about that (and I actually don't really care) and this thread is heavily derailed, I just quote myself to come back to the topic:

You'll see what the future brings anyway.

Nice_Boat

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 01:51:49 pm »

And magically don't report them unless it's no exploit which gives them advantages.

Oh, I've seen this coming. So yeah, they don't. They use it to full extent. Someone notices. The bug is fixed. Moral ambiguity aside, it gets shit done, unlike treating FOnline like an extended chatroom (hi Jovanka! hi Samira!).

Magically, no one denied that some of these suggestions were helpfull. Also, keep in mind that the game is far from finished and many things will change in the future anyway (pvp elements too). Also - lol @ "magically suiting everyone". Indeed, thats magic! :D

Hahahah oh wow. So basically, they weren't helpful - they redefined the TC system which was at the time broken. It probably won't change that much because yes, it suits everyone involved. See, it's magic.

And who cares if one recognizes me or other staff members? What a flying fuck does it matter if some people are recognizing you? Another "magic" argument. That people are actually quite helpfull behind the scenes probably slipped your mind.

Since you're basically the "leaders" of this gaming community, it'd help if you were actually recognized and had some kind of a mandate. Psychology aside, how the hell could you overwatch anything, if you basically lack the understanding of the game? How is a person who doesn't get how a gang works supposed to overwatch and rightfully punish gang activity? The point, you missed it.

Did I say that? No. You'll see what the future brings anyway.

Consequences and using ones imagination. And I'm not even that much of a vissionaire.

You must be a bad wizard to assume I am also part of the "NCR community" as I've visited this place with my normal playing characters only one time since the last wipe since I hate this city too. That sure makes me part of the community (besides that no one gives a fuck about that). And, now enlighten my poor ncr-ish mind, for which "power" you are fighting? The power to annoy all other gangs, to "have" all cities, to power your egos seeing the name in the pipboy?

The "NCR community" is a figure of speech which implies you are not in any way affiliated with any gang and you don't get how they work and why they work. The thing is gangs are able to create their own agenda and pursue it. That's what they're fighting for. It's the same as for any other society. One could say that everything we do in life is futile or is done to power our egos or to see our name in the newspapers, but such issues are related to the way you see the world, not the game itself. The "power" gangs are fighting for is basically ideology. And the fact that you have people fighting for ideology in a mmorpg game proves that this part of the game is quite fucking succesful.

But as you said I don't deserve to be enlightend about that (and I actually don't really care) and this thread is heavily derailed, I just quote myself to come back to the topic:

This suggestion wasn't that big anyway (posted before like a thousand times), same arguments were used against it and it was ditched. Why wasn't this thread locked after the first post in the first place?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 01:57:39 pm »

Because whatever your arguments are, food and water will be used in a Fallout game.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Nice_Boat

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 02:02:18 pm »

Because whatever your arguments are, food and water will be used in a Fallout game.

Is it that hard to implement, or are you being as clueless as usual? I could write the friggin' scrip in 5 minutes. If it wasn't done yet, you're probably spouting bullshit, especially since this is much of a recurring issue.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 02:03:19 pm »

If I were you, I'd take this thread as an opportunity to make food and water's possible implementation fitting your own views :)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Nice_Boat

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 02:06:07 pm »

If I were you, I'd take this thread as an opportunity to make food and water's possible implementation fitting your own views :)

But I don't care because I'll have plenty of it. The problem is people who bawww all the time won't get enough, and you seem to be the bear that cares. This thread is just full of schizophrenia.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 21 queries.