"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:23:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Make exp transfferable.  (Read 3778 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Make exp transfferable.
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:30:35 pm »

But to keep this from literally spamming extreme amounts of alts make it to where every point transfferred is divided by 3.

1/3 of amount transffered.   transfer 15000 exp divide by 3 = 5000.

Just a little something to make lvling other chars easier and to make it where newbies who fuck up on their first char transfer exp to new one.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Make exp transfferable.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:33:48 pm »

No.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »

Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:36:58 pm »

Divided by 1000000.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 10:24:40 pm »

Divided by 0.

Cause that's how bad this would break the game.
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 10:30:17 pm »

lol "break the game" who cares? Leveling is just a pointless time sink. Once you've done one fight you've done them all, nothing new ever happens, the only fun gameplay is pvp and that only gets good at 21.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 10:31:56 pm »

lol "break the game" who cares? Leveling is just a pointless time sink. Once you've done one fight you've done them all, nothing new ever happens, the only fun gameplay is pvp and that only gets good at 21.
So yeh or nay :P.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 11:13:10 pm »

poor suggestion, i am with the idea that doctor needs to level up by healing, thief by stealing, scout by scouting, killer by killing. your suggestion would ruin all leveling since then everyone would be leveling in same way.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 11:31:39 pm »

lol, the first 4 posts made me chuckle, good one Haraldx  ::)
I aint gonna say yes or no, suggestions kinda bad, but at the same time, theres nothing more boring than lvling a char cause as Roachor said. Only fun endgame thing is either RP or PvP. And PvP starts only at lvl 21.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 11:37:29 pm »

lol, the first 4 posts made me chuckle, good one Haraldx  ::)
I aint gonna say yes or no, suggestions kinda bad, but at the same time, theres nothing more boring than lvling a char cause as Roachor said. Only fun endgame thing is either RP or PvP. And PvP starts only at lvl 21.
That's why leveling must be much more slower, but make a possibility to totally change your stats on 21st level with a quest, I mean remake new character but with the same name and password, who will get XP to 2nd level, then after clicking done to 3rd level, etc. So you'll not lose perks. Put great CD on this quest and make it random from senseless killing mobs to walking through all map and bringing special weapon with special deterioration to someone in Glow.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 11:44:14 pm »

That's why leveling must be much more slower, but make a possibility to totally change your stats on 21st level with a quest, I mean remake new character but with the same name and password, who will get XP to 2nd level, then after clicking done to 3rd level, etc. So you'll not lose perks. Put great CD on this quest and make it random from senseless killing mobs to walking through all map and bringing special weapon with special deterioration to someone in Glow.
I like this better actually....

Much better idea.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 11:48:18 pm »

you should not forget that its only open beta, i believe there will be more ways to get exp, it wont be so monotonic :>
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 01:21:29 am »

you should not forget that its only open beta, i believe there will be more ways to get exp, it wont be so monotonic :>

We should be able to reroll our chars whenever we want(at an npc) to speed up testing. There still is no clear list of what perks are or aren't broken and no way to test useless/shitty perks without wasting a lot of time leveling.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 02:16:49 am »

While I disagree with the transferable XP idea, I do support the character reroll.

I already screwed the pooch on my chosen name here, and theres no way to suicide and delete my character.  So my namesake is stuck with a sucky unarmed combat thief that I don't ever plan on playing.
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 02:19:08 am »

While I disagree with the transferable XP idea, I do support the character reroll.

I already screwed the pooch on my chosen name here, and theres no way to suicide and delete my character.  So my namesake is stuck with a sucky unarmed combat thief that I don't ever plan on playing.
...but you can delete your character....

~deleteself (password)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.