Poll

You want that?

Yes
- 59 (85.5%)
No
- 10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: I'm a scout! Animals are my friends!  (Read 12761 times)

Surf

• это моё.
Re: I'm a scout! Animals are my friends!
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 06:53:16 pm »

Experiments to increase intelligence totally fit in with the 50's sci fi aspect of fallout, but people forget this was an isolated case. That's like saying because transformers can turn into cars all cars can turn into transformers.

The thing with the deathclaws is just an example. Remember King Kah'rat (if I remember the name correct), or the Molerat "God" in Gecko? That was just totally out of place.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 06:57:04 pm »

xarn the clever deathclaw same as goris should be alive and duplicate anyway :D lets get their children! and anyway its not about reality, cause this game is not about reality anyway. Neither f1, f2 neither fonline. You wont craft laser weapons without energy source etc. So lets just make game enjoyable and of course then enjoy it :> And in my opinion taming animals could help :>
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:58:47 pm by vedaras »
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 06:59:17 pm »

Radiation in fallout has magical early scifi characteristics, pretty much the same logic behind the ninja turtles or the hulk. Personally i loved the boss chars like that, I wish there had been more of them. My name is taken from the giant roach boss in fot. Also goris was male, how do you want him to lay eggs? Deathclaws have a "queen" afaik.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 07:03:52 pm »

In the end, it's all about a matter of taste wether if this should be ok, or ridicolous. ;)
If you look from FO1 to FO2 they just added too much of ridicoulos stuff to it, it's more a matter of "authencity" if you ask me.
For talking animals and stuff like that I already know a few opinions from devs, though. ;)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 07:09:30 pm »

In the end, it's all about a matter of taste wether if this should be ok, or ridicolous. ;)
If you look from FO1 to FO2 they just added too much of ridicoulos stuff to it, it's more a matter of "authencity" if you ask me.
For talking animals and stuff like that I already know a few opinions from devs, though. ;)

none of us asked animals to talk. But even now people live with bears, dogs, wolves, lizards etc in home. So still dont see a point in "cant be tamed cause he cant talk" thing :>
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:15:04 pm by vedaras »
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 07:38:11 pm »

Couldn't you talk to animals if you had 1 int?

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 09:21:50 pm »

Couldn't you talk to animals if you had 1 int?

I have an idea! People with 1 INT wouldnt be able to speak with humans and would get back to the nature! frolicking around with their equally clever friends! 1 INT - 1 pet xD
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:10:56 pm by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2010, 07:39:09 am »

i think to be able to talk to animals you would need to have more then 10 IN not to be dumb as fuck :/
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 06:11:39 pm »

The whole jokes was you'd be stupid enough to understand cows and moo back at them, intelligent people wouldn't bother trying to moo at a cow. Also there's a huge difference between having a pet lizard and trying to train a giant one. Pet lizards are never trained, they just don't do much so it's not an issue.

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 08:40:18 am »

i voted yes. i want a dogmeat fighting with me. and maybe "mole dogs" and "mole wolves" are good choices.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 03:40:38 pm »

Seriously this is a great idea, I mean, they're not even that strong so its not like its gonna be OP.  But of course implementing an entirely new faction would be kinda hard I suppose.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 12:31:32 pm »

Wow its like pokemons::) Catch them all!!! great idea but i would suggest adding centaurs, deathclawas, desert stalkers to tamable creatures,and maybe 250 outdorsman to catch them, and ofcourse charisma to control them, new profesion with 3 lvls, on lvl 1 you are able to catch molerats and dogs,on higher lvls you can catch stronger creatures

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 02:50:20 pm »

Wow its like pokemons::) Catch them all!!! great idea but i would suggest adding centaurs, deathclawas, desert stalkers to tamable creatures,and maybe 250 outdorsman to catch them, and ofcourse charisma to control them, new profesion with 3 lvls, on lvl 1 you are able to catch molerats and dogs,on higher lvls you can catch stronger creatures

this is wrong,  this suggestion is alternative for slaving, and slaves are weaker then mercs, so these creatures you could tam should be weaker them mercs too of course. And this is not profession.
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 11:58:20 am »

Meh.. Scout usually means to physically go out and see whatever there is to see, then report back.  Has no real correlation to animals.
You see Sha Enin, the traveling folk singer.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2010, 08:26:00 pm »

Meh.. Scout usually means to physically go out and see whatever there is to see, then report back.  Has no real correlation to animals.

Junktown Scouts have doggies with them  :D
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 26 queries.