Poll

You want that?

Yes
- 59 (85.5%)
No
- 10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: I'm a scout! Animals are my friends!  (Read 11568 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
I'm a scout! Animals are my friends!
« on: May 06, 2010, 10:19:02 am »

So there is one faction "slavers" which is only partially a npc driven faction, since while you are slaver you can be in another faction too. Well with same idea i suggest to make one more faction Junktown scouts. What will they do? Well since slavers enslave people, scouts will be taming wild animals! You seen scouts near junktown with their dogs did you ? :> So once you joined scouts, and get the ability to get yourself some pets, what kind of pets can they be? Well i suggest players to be able to catch these: Dogs, Wild Dogs, Wolves, Molerats, Mutated Molerats, small Deathclaws. Of course taming process itself will be using rope same as on brahmins :> And since everything should be pretty clear about the idea i think we can start discussing it and voting in poll :>

Surf

• это моё.
Re: I'm a scout! Animals are my friends!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:23:03 am »

I'd take out small death claws, maybe even Molerats, as I think it would be a bit ridicolous.
But the idea itself is nice.

Also, stop making humouros options in a poll.  They serve no purpose. If you want to make a poll, make it serious, without them.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:25:14 am by Surf Solar »
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 10:26:19 am »

i think that the ida is fine.  but in MO molerats are 2 stupid for training. And small defclaws could be interesting.

ofc you have a limit for tammed creatures and u can trade them - that could be my new char really, cuz im not quite active at the moment
life goes on...
JayDoom

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:22:21 am »

Whats bad about crazy options in poll ? I like them, they are funny even if I dont choose them.
I like this idea, also why not to have molerats tameable ? I think the inhabitants of Redding would agree with me.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 11:25:20 am »

there was a perk in F1, "Animal Friendly" or something. Maybe creating new profession isnt needed, and player would be able to taim animals after picking that perk.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:51:52 am »

I'd take out small death claws, maybe even Molerats, as I think it would be a bit ridicolous.
But the idea itself is nice.

Also, stop making humouros options in a poll.  They serve no purpose. If you want to make a poll, make it serious, without them.

Nah, deathclaws are intelligent enough to be tammed :> And at least in f2 there were 2 intelligent molerats that could even talk like humans, so i dont see a problem here neither :>

And these vote options are for those who doesnt give a shit about idea itself, but come to vote to any vote(so i think its better to have these votes in comedy option, than in normal option and then making incorrect results of players opinions), so these votes just should not be counted at all :>

there was a perk in F1, "Animal Friendly" or something. Maybe creating new profession isnt needed, and player would be able to taim animals after picking that perk.

Yeah there is such http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Friend but as you see it doesnt affect all animals :> And deathclaw is not an animal neither in that perk :>
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:58:10 am by vedaras »

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 12:02:24 pm »

Great idea, even if i usually dont like pokemon  ;D

Would be fun to have some dog fights in reno.

Vote yes.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 12:07:02 pm »

I would like to see/bet molerat fight in Junktown. Maybe you need to catch them and sold them as molerat fighters. Maybe you can catch and make your own molerate champion and make money out of it.  

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 12:09:24 pm »

no, wait, even better, molerat racing, the one that doesn't get killed by noobs(fistfighters&mausers, 1 bullet per participant, no aimed shots, has to be lvl 5 or lower) on the racetrack wins.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 02:23:46 pm »

Agree provided that they will be like animals in the game. Also taming a deathclaw should be more difficult lets say 80% of outdoorsman
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 02:50:41 pm »

It has been suggested several times already and with no result what so ever. But I think its a good idea. At first I would have stayed near the ground and made only dogs/wolves and geckons tamable since imho these are only creatures that fit for this. Everything else seems just too wild or too "stupid" to be tamed. Mole+rat+radiation does not give you friendly pet but those lizards seem like kinda intelligent and promising creatures for this (something like wasteland dolphins with foots and claws).

Anyway main problem is whenether to make pets one life companions = once they die you have to tame another one. Or introduce some training/learning/level scale for them with possibility to get your pet back in the action in the same shape as it been before dieing. As said before its not new suggestion so some nice ideas about this are already posted somwhere on this forum.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 02:55:52 pm »

It has been suggested several times already and with no result what so ever. But I think its a good idea. At first I would have stayed near the ground and made only dogs/wolves and geckons tamable since imho these are only creatures that fit for this. Everything else seems just too wild or too "stupid" to be tamed. Mole+rat+radiation does not give you friendly pet but those lizards seem like kinda intelligent and promising creatures for this (something like wasteland dolphins with foots and claws).

Anyway main problem is whenether to make pets one life companions = once they die you have to tame another one. Or introduce some training/learning/level scale for them with possibility to get your pet back in the action in the same shape as it been before dieing. As said before its not new suggestion so some nice ideas about this are already posted somwhere on this forum.

have you seen a talking lizard ? i guess no, but i have sure seen 2 talking molerats so i guess they are more clever :> And dont forget that creature doesnt have to be clever as fuck to be tammed :>

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:56:31 pm »

Or introduce some training/learning/level scale for them with possibility to get your pet back in the action in the same shape as it been before dieing. As said before its not new suggestion so some nice ideas about this are already posted somwhere on this forum.

No. It would be too unrealistic. You want an animal catch it like a hunter, no animal gods please :D.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 03:00:03 pm »

No. It would be too unrealistic. You want an animal catch it like a hunter, no animal gods please :D.

same idea on me :>
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 03:31:36 pm »

have you seen a talking lizard ?
Fallout 2, Vault 13.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 24 queries.