"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 04:26:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you like to have different ways to obtain HQ?

Yes
- 46 (60.5%)
not sure
- 8 (10.5%)
no
- 22 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: HQ Materials  (Read 14668 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: HQ Materials
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 01:07:18 pm »

I really think they need other ways get HQ. It would provide variety. I'm not saying make the other ways easy either.You could have death claws in caves drop 1-2 HQ. There could be heavily guard mines with HQ in it (limited supply of course). If you prefer pvp well go to unguarded mines. The risk in the none pvp is it would be consistent while the risk in pvp can vary. Also say am killing death claws in caves for HQ and another player comes into the map. So not to say its free from pvp.

Its not about how easy it would be, its more the fact it would remove a lot of the competition from the unguarded mines. If we dilute the players away from these areas then it becomes less dangerous and stops the cpncept working.

I like the fact its causing some groups to do mining sessions in these places, or that others are sneaking in to try and mine while noone is watching ... if anything needs to change about this system its to create more things like this :)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 01:55:57 pm »

Okay, i get it.
You just try to put people together.

But right now is it so: while a weaker player try to sneak into the mine, the PK bore themselves to death with camping. Camping. And much more camping. That's what they do after achieving lvl 21 d00dsl@y3r.

Hey, they need more diversity! Like, a Enclave patroll visit Broken Hills to show off, so they could keep on guard and EVENTUALLY kill one!
Fish eats fish eats fish. Harshness to everyone!
Besides, Enclave should have their own beskad better ore mine, so maybe it will be amusing to patroll their property. Currently, everyone in the Wasteland just stay off them, except they need a profession.

Besides, a mine should have two entrances, so sneaking into the mines would make even more fun.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 02:30:14 pm »

Yes, there a thread around here somewhere where I mention that factions should guard the mines at various points in a day.

This is only the first iteration of this idea remember, no doubt it can be improved in many ways.
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 05:51:39 pm »

What chances that faction going guard the mines. What chance they will let random people they don't know mine.
Maybe you could add Huge mining sight. With many entrance into the map and into the mine. With many HQ spot in the mine.
This would pvp open but you have option different ways in and out.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 06:35:18 pm »

So will it be a second entrance to the mine or how do you think about, Solar?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 07:26:59 pm »

Thats lexx's department ;)
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2010, 05:01:42 pm »

My suggeston for alternative gathering HQ:

Very rare special encounters with HQ ore or HQ metal parts. For example - around SF or LA or Glow. It will be very costly by time to get it and it will be very dangeous because u can get encounter with robbers or something like this. Another encounter - open mine around Glow or LA with some dangerous mobs (moba are needed to make players gather resources only in party - it will be good for teamwork).
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 05:04:14 pm »

And if u make chance to get HQ materials encounter depends on Explorer (i don't remember exactly name) perk - it makes them more valuable.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 05:46:44 pm »

I have a proposal:

Hq materials available to mine at the end of a cave (with deathclaws or slaves) this would decentralise the obvious position to PK
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 09:27:16 pm »

I have a proposal:

Hq materials available to mine at the end of a cave (with deathclaws or slaves) this would decentralise the obvious position to PK

I really like this idea, as it requires you to be armed and kill deathclaws, so only high level players or gangs can get it.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2010, 10:52:51 pm »

Well, seem you haven't understand what is the point of these ungarded mine: you HAVE to deal with dangerous PK and interact with other players, if you want HQ material. You have to organize yourself, sneak or take your gun. Gangs can try to control these key zones. Because they are the only places where you can get these materials, they are important and can be the place of all of this. If there were other ways to obtain HQ materials, they would lost almost all of their interest.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2010, 10:59:20 pm »

Oh yea I forgot devs support PK (which is not same as PvP) my bad.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2010, 10:58:17 am »

Oh yea I forgot devs support PK (which is not same as PvP) my bad.

If its PK then one side obviously was not strong enough to make it PvP and had no place being there.

The parameters have been set, there is no automatic right to having the best tech. Its now up to you to deal with that (which does not include endless whining about it on the forum)
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2010, 11:52:52 am »

I find it funny how desperately people are looking for a way to FARM HQ materials and not mine them in unguarded mines.

1. There are 3 (THREE) unguarded mines. In various locations. Two of them have two entrances, the one in Redding is surrounded by buildings, the one in Gecko has exit grid maybe 15 hexes from each entrance.
2. You can just take a hammer and go there. If you get killed, you lose almost nothing. You can sneak there. You can go there with several of your friends - quickly go in, clear the area, gather whatever you want and quickly get out of there.
3. Mines are open 24/7. It's just a myth made by players who just can't handle this game that there are PKers 90% of the time inside.
4. You can join a faction that deals with PKers in the mines or just kills all and gathers stuff.
5. You can become a solo PKer and kill those that have been killing you there all the time.
6. You can BUY HQ resources.

The only problem that exists is that this game is not hard enough, Solar. Every time you make something easier or more convenient (as crafting is now easier than prewipe), there will be still lots of players complaining because sth is not easy enough. You'd end with placing HQ materials in private mines or even in hideouts (so one doesn't have to leave his cave at all, lol). You'll make guards more smart/better equipped - there will be even more whining when someone gets killed - he will immediately post a whining topic on this forum, as we've seen it many times already.

I know that 2238 forum was supposed to serve a purpose of reporting bugs and posting suggestions, but right now it's just a place to whine for everyone that got killed/lost something valuable/lost a PvP battle/got bored because he played this game for last X months for 12 hours a day/whatever. Many people are enough dumb to even post suggestions after one of DISASTROUS events mentioned above happened.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2010, 12:11:18 pm »

Indeed, well ... I don't care how much moaning there is, HQ mats will stay in the unguarded mines  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 25 queries.