"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 02:23:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you like to have different ways to obtain HQ?

Yes
- 46 (60.5%)
not sure
- 8 (10.5%)
no
- 22 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: HQ Materials  (Read 14664 times)

Re: HQ Materials
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 12:32:20 pm »

Killgore said it. Pretty much everything that needed to be said.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 12:34:03 pm »

+1 For Killgore there is many ways to obtain HD stuff. Sneak,Just go, Kill em all etc its fair

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2010, 02:20:34 pm »

+1 for kilgore

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2010, 03:39:13 pm »

If its PK then one side obviously was not strong enough to make it PvP and had no place being there.

The parameters have been set, there is no automatic right to having the best tech. Its now up to you to deal with that (which does not include endless whining about it on the forum)
Well of course one side was obviously not strong enough, but they need the HQ stuff to become stronger because there is almost no skill in this game, its mostly based on gear and character attributes.

The best PvP games I have played have been where everyone gets access to equal weapons/gear and no I am not just talking about fps games.

Its also far too easy to camp a mine, oh gee there are a whole two entrances to stand by and wait for players corpses to pile up.

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2010, 03:44:47 pm »

Its also far too easy to camp a mine, oh gee there are a whole two entrances to stand by and wait for players corpses to pile up.

Then do it.
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2010, 03:52:18 pm »

I find it funny how desperately people are looking for a way to FARM HQ materials and not mine them in unguarded mines.

1. There are 3 (THREE) unguarded mines. In various locations. Two of them have two entrances, the one in Redding is surrounded by buildings, the one in Gecko has exit grid maybe 15 hexes from each entrance.
Yes and how many players are wanting to mine at those 3 (3 places is nothing) mines, as for gecko mines 15 hexes yes, but as soon as you get shot you get combat timeout so thats bit of moot point
2. You can just take a hammer and go there. If you get killed, you lose almost nothing. You can sneak there. You can go there with several of your friends - quickly go in, clear the area, gather whatever you want and quickly get out of there.
Sneak? I don't know anyone who uses sneak, thats bit of a niche if you ask me (especially when it will be changed or so I heard). Go with several friends but still its way to easy to camp entrance zones so too dangerous to go tooled up.
3. Mines are open 24/7. It's just a myth made by players who just can't handle this game that there are PKers 90% of the time inside.
Yes thats a myth, but I can tell you it has happened to me a lot recently (at different times of day) and sure I don't lose much but I lose my patience just trying to make ammo for a gun I use or get money by selling Hq stuff.
4. You can join a faction that deals with PKers in the mines or just kills all and gathers stuff.
This is a viable option, its a shame there aren't so many of these that are english ones.
5. You can become a solo PKer and kill those that have been killing you there all the time.
No as I said before, too easy to camp mines, so risk dying before firing a shot.
6. You can BUY HQ resources.
Yeah you probably spend 50 mins or so just finding a merchant with one, I almost never see HQ stuff in the shops.
The only problem that exists is that this game is not hard enough, Solar. Every time you make something easier or more convenient (as crafting is now easier than prewipe), there will be still lots of players complaining because sth is not easy enough. You'd end with placing HQ materials in private mines or even in hideouts (so one doesn't have to leave his cave at all, lol). You'll make guards more smart/better equipped - there will be even more whining when someone gets killed - he will immediately post a whining topic on this forum, as we've seen it many times already.
What do you mean not hard enough? it might not be hard for the people in decent gangs, but otherwise it is bloody hard. As for HQ stuff in private mines, why not? why make such things so exclusive, wouldn't you rather fight an opponent with equal weaponry to you, I know for sure I would.
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 06:37:00 pm »

I had a good one: HQ mines and gold nuggets in prospectors camp

We have prospector encounter near redding right? Now imagine we had a encounter called prospectors camp. The camp consists of several tents and couple of prospectors guarding their treasure: gold nuggets, HQ mines. When you entered the encounter you have 3 mins to kill those prospectors(or persuade them) and dig those mines. After that time the location is shown to every one nearby on the world map. So inviting people to go there to interact with each other (to mine, pk, etc.). The encounter location will disappear after the resource has been depleted (30-50 HQ mines) or 20 mins. The time window to find a new prospectors camp should be not that often, maybe every 2 hours.

So this would provide a new and fun way to make players interact with each other without distract flow of players to unguarded mines. Maybe similar encounters could be made for scavengers, trappers, slavers etc.
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2010, 07:06:44 pm »

Yes and how many players are wanting to mine at those 3 (3 places is nothing) mines, as for gecko mines 15 hexes yes, but as soon as you get shot you get combat timeout so thats bit of moot pointSneak?
I think that you shouldn't leave your cave - there, you are safe. And wait um... you don't need anything HQ in your cave, because there is nothing to shoot and nothing to be afraid of.
I don't know anyone who uses sneak, thats bit of a niche if you ask me (especially when it will be changed or so I heard).
It was changed and it still is useful for someone that wants to mine sth. I tried it. Very easy.
Yeah you probably spend 50 mins or so just finding a merchant with one, I almost never see HQ stuff in the shops.
Ever heard of other players?
I've got a strong feeling that this game is just not appropriate for you. I'm sorry.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2010, 11:22:04 am »

if you you go to mine then take gun with you and if someone try to kill you then give back to that looser.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2010, 11:22:40 am »

if you you go to mine then take gun with you and if someone try to kill you then give back to that looser and don't hold back
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2010, 01:09:27 pm »

+1 for kilgore, i like the thril of unguarded mine brrrrrrrr
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 24 queries.