"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 10:46:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Guards in guarded Cities  (Read 11086 times)

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
Re: For Izual
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2010, 01:38:09 pm »

Yeah.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=2585.0

strikes back  ;D :D

also ignore vederas in this thread, as he would like VC guards and patrols to be invincible to spread more bullshit about how powerful is VC (in fact, it always got raped by PK gangs  :D and could be defended only by Solar/Izual spawning shitloads of additional guards with MINIGUNZ and all)

Also, Izual, is 21 lvl character considered as something bad? :) Umm it's interesting

same old same old, I guess some things never change, griefers always a griefer. same people tryin to get their kicks as always at the expense of everyone else, cause ya know this game was built just to soothe their incredible egos about how great they are and everyone else is wrong, congratulations. i guess the funny thing is that there's no actual point to killing npcs in town because youll never pick up anything off of them, so it just boils down to blatant douchebaggery and a drive to try and make the game unenjoyable to everyone else.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2010, 01:45:37 pm »

I'm not mad, I want to improve their role playing game experience. After all if you attack a powerful city, your actions should have consequences. Or not?

dont call it a powerful guarded city if 6 guys can kill all of them, this is ur imagination or "roleplaying" or what?
u want to fight, cr8 a char and join a faction, gm abuse ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf6eia8M2k
FO by sadists for sadomasochists

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2010, 01:49:03 pm »

dont call it a powerful guarded city if 6 guys can kill all of them, this is ur imagination or "roleplaying" or what?
u want to fight, cr8 a char and join a faction, gm abuse ...

make turrets work and let 6 guys test cities power...
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2010, 02:41:49 pm »

Instead of make a huge number of guards, make them invincible or make cities unattackable, which only make the game more strict and lower the "freedom of act", I suggest to do something more "RPG style".

For example you can leave the inner part of Vault City super-protected (since it's a valuable and well-protected, with strong walls, turrets and so on) and leave the outer part more vulnerable. It must be protected with some guards (maybe more and stronger, cause must not be easy to get) but still attackable and harassable.

At the same time, attackers gain a great lose of reputation in the city and you can add something like a temporary mercenary quest when you gain reputation/caps if you kill members of the attacking gang or raid their base.
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

Prodigy

• Paranoia pays
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2010, 10:48:15 pm »

As a lone trader who joined up with VC to have somewhere decently safe in the north to exchange goods at, this makes me even more nervous than usual. Sure, getting gunned down if you're careless is one thing, but entering the vault city map risking getting shot down at the gates before you even have a chance to react? I dunno, man. I dont have anyone to warn me when I enter with trade goods trying to reach the inner gates. Sounds like it just screws over even more of us small time players in the wastelands.

Making the turrets work sounds like a nifty counter-measure.
As long as there is some way to enter the city again soon after its been attacked, without it being blocked off entirely by very hostile players still patrolling over the corpses of the dead ex-guards.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2010, 11:23:10 pm »

Making the turrets working would actually need a lot of work and isn't worth it, since it would only fix Vault City's problem, and not the Junktown's one nor SF's one, etc.

As I already said, the only valuable solution is to place more guards and above all to make them stronger.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2010, 11:41:41 pm »

Why can't people use town preview? If you are too lazy to press an extra button then you deserve the consequences.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2010, 11:45:33 pm »

Because in guarded cities you shouldn't have to be that much cautious.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 12:00:38 am »

If you happen to die there because of a raid sometimes, then you should have been.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 12:01:15 am »

A raid, yes. Four players ? Hell no.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 12:14:18 am »

If they are more powerful than several guards there.. why not?

Also, all Vault City players should try to defend their hole against such bandits.. instead of coming to forum and starting another thread how bad PKers are.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 12:24:19 am »

Yes. The problem is, at the moment it's not several guards but two guards with 150 hp. One or two bombs, and snap, you own the town. When guards will be balanced (like, somehow, in NCR), we will let the fights happen without any intervention.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 12:28:45 am »

Also, all Vault City players should try to defend their hole against such bandits.. instead of coming to forum and starting another thread how bad PKers are.

oh boy arn't you right. 4 players with CA - LSW - Rocket launcher - sniper maybe and ~240 goes into town and starts to kill everyone. Lets kill them with our 10mm smg:s, shotguns, hunting rifles UNLESS you are strong and got CA, LSW and rocket launcher or sniper, but then you'r not stupid enough to enter the raided town with it.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2010, 12:32:28 am »

really though id still like an explanation as to why this behavior is necessary, it seems like nothing but on but grief fest. there is NO point to killing merchants and quest npc's in town other then to grief pve players, just because your 1 charisma mongoloid power build isnt capable of doing anything other then shooting stuff doesnt mean you should go and TRY to be jerks just for the sake of it. all in all it seems extremely immature and pointless.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2010, 12:33:27 am »

oh boy arn't you right. 4 players with CA - LSW - Rocket launcher - sniper maybe and ~240 goes into town and starts to kill everyone. Lets kill them with our 10mm smg:s, shotguns, hunting rifles UNLESS you are strong and got CA, LSW and rocket launcher or sniper, but then you'r not stupid enough to enter the raided town with it.
thats why al lthe hope in bombers ^^

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.