"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:07:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Occasions for occasional player  (Read 7305 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Occasions for occasional player
« on: April 08, 2010, 02:04:26 am »

Hello wastelanders,
 i am sending greetings from other world, world of duties, stress, lack of time. Maybe someone notice it, but i stoped play, left the faction, unistalled client. But, i am missing my friends from voice communication channel, my old teamates.

I have not time for fonline and if i can spend any, it will be few hours per week, not per day. Also, the spring and summer and nice weather is comming. So, i have one big question. What occasions offers Fallout Online for players like me, who can spend 2-3 hours per week ingame?

If i need to abreact myself, i spend one hour in L4D2 or TF2 multiplayer game, i (mostly) enjoy the session, then logout and i am satisfied. So, is there any similar occasion in fonline, kind of i will look forward, enjoy it with my teamates and i will be satisfied too? Remember, i dont think that level up my char from level 8 to level 9 is that kind of situation. And, of course, L4D or TF2 is not MMORPG, but, seriously, Fonline is not MMORPG too (with totaly absence of kind of backstory or at least any special or repetable quests).

But, maybe, i forgot some famous game mechanism, entertaining, which will allow me to spend previously defined ammount of time with my old friends and i will enjoy that. This thread is meaned seriously, no flame or insultation, only answers please. Maybe reactions will help devs with define the way, where devs should spend their developing time.

Thank you,
 Lordus
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: Occasions for occasional player
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 02:34:57 am »

(with totaly absence of kind of backstory or at least any special or repetable quests)
I don't know any backstory in FOnline (there should be any?), but repetable quests - well, I know at least one, with bringing a shovel in exchange for a hammer/hatchet/knife and 100 xp for one guy in Hub. It is not much, but it is only beginning. I hope. Sure you can't level up your char this way, "shovel quest" is repeatable after couple days of real time.

2-3 hours in a week is not much indeed. You had this small amount of time before the wipe either? Maybe this is reason why you don't enjoy this game now - before you had much more time to level up your char and enjoy the game?
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 02:51:36 am »

I strongly suggest you to keep on l4d and tf2, it that makes you happy.

You know that FOnline won't bring you any happiness soon, and when it does, it will be wiping, so your hours of hard work will be long gone. I, myself, barely have time for FOnline as well, but I have more than you, so I can still (kinda) enjoy it.

And well, winter is coming here by the time there is spring or summer, so I guess we're on a different mood. I'll most likely spend all of my hours home, so yeah, FOnline is for me, but if I were in summer then I would be far from it. FOnline is not on a fun phase, it's on a bug hunt and fixes phase. It's for players willing to help the game improve, not having fun at all.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 03:06:21 am »

Repetable quest... Try it come from the desert, ask to the Doc in San Francisco. Or ask to the Mayor, in Boneyard, he have problem with dogs.
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 05:29:38 am »

Good repeatable quests, I guess for you people that dont know about that big green wiki button up there heres some good ones, I would know, I do them all the time, bear in mind i have a 10 int and 10 chr taxi/craft/energy build so I do get more rewards with a higher chr.

New Reno, Old man wrights quest, southern building on the eastern entrance on New Reno,

Modoc, Balthas' hide quest, its a trip between Modoc to Vault City to Modoc, youll have to talk to grisham and a brahmin guy named ed, quest xp is 900 and you get a jacket.

Grisham also has a repeatable quest that can be done about 25? minutes real time, its jerky delivery to either vault city, or ncr, and i think maybe the hub, im not sure.

Adytum(boneyard) The doctor lookin dude to the right by a tent will give you fetch quests, if you can get the needed items for these fetch quests its pretty good loot and xp.
the higher number of items asked for results in better xp and monetary reward,
i also noticed that i would get either 1 leather jacket or a shotgun and a 10mm pistol with 24 10mm ap and i think 24 shotgun shells.

I guess if anyone else needs help finding quests in general ive compiled enough information to get to about lvl 12 without ever really hunting much.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:33:24 am by Aricvomit »
plasma nade your face off!

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 09:30:26 am »

or, you could, like me justplay dragon age or just cause 2 if fonline seems to grindy (not sure if "grindy" is a word, can anyone confirm it or something)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 10:20:49 am »

Too much risk, too little reward.

Too much tedium, too little fun.

Too much difficulty, too little alternatives.

This is not a game for casual players.

avv

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 10:50:49 am »

Also, the spring and summer and nice weather is comming.

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 07:18:35 pm »

Damn Avv,you could use a shave and your looking a little pasty.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 08:04:54 pm »

1) If you are alone, it's EXACTLY like in Fallout 1 and 2. You make some quests, you get some gear, you lose it, you get some better gear, you trade with other players, sometimes you kill mobs/players. Pleasure comes from the sight of your character getting better and your tent getting more and more filled with gear.

2) If you play in a little gang, then it's quite the same, except that you have to manage a gang. It's even better than being alone, but only if you trust your mates. And yes, you can't take a town for a long period of time or kill any player you see. That's not a big problem though.

3) You are saying that you miss your friends. VSB, I guess ? Well, VSB are (were, at least - I don't know about their situation nowadays) quite a big gang. Dude, you are in a big gang and saying that you lack of time to play ? I guess you're talking about gear, not about experience - who could dare complaining about the fact you got to earn experience before being strong in a MMORPG ? My bet is VSB have some stuff to lend you, if you're online "only" a few hours a day. If they don't want to, well. Be patient, craft your stuff, and you'll get all you need in three days.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 08:17:59 pm »

1) If you are alone, it's EXACTLY like in Fallout 1 and 2.

: /
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 08:18:04 pm »

just cause 2
Very good timesink. Not very ambitious game, but fun for a day or week.
<Izual> Let's crash server

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 08:33:30 pm »

Code: [Select]
Be patient, craft your stuff, and you'll get all you need in three days.
Your days have 96 hours or what?

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 08:45:10 pm »

Your problem is that you only think that fun in this game = Level 21 + Bozar/Gauss/Sniper Rifle/Minigun + CA + Shitloads of ammo. I use to play alone and guess what, I have fun, yeah man. I'm doing my stuff, sometimes I lose it, sometimes I find 500 caps and I'm damn happy.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 08:49:01 pm »

Your problem is that you only think that fun in this game = Level 21 + Bozar/Gauss/Sniper Rifle/Minigun + CA + Shitloads of ammo. I use to play alone and guess what, I have fun, yeah man. I'm doing my stuff, sometimes I lose it, sometimes I find 500 caps and I'm damn happy.

Ditto. This is the only fun I have in the game. But the game is starting to try to cater to this kind of experience too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.