"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 05, 2024, 08:31:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Changelog 30/12/2009 #3  (Read 12272 times)

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
Re: Changelog 30/12/2009 #3
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 01:07:45 pm »

I know this(...)

Well, I somehow couldn't read that from your arguments.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 01:17:05 pm »

Probably because that's not the part I'm explaining my problem with.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 01:32:07 pm »

Probably because that's not the part I'm explaining my problem with.

Then...explain it well, instead of increasing postcount with some fuzzy arguments that don't help.
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 08:25:03 pm »

Im against all these timers as well,its the whole reason im not playing anymore.If they are supposed to prevent a flood of items in the market place,add realism to the game,I really dont know.Realism is nice but this is a game not real life and realism should take a backseat to fun.As far as alts are concerned,they will always be a problem for balance no matter how many times you change or add timers.A guy with a bunch of alts will craft more and collect more and only the regular players will be hurt by timers.Adressing alts instead is the way to go and leaving the timers where they belong,in real life not fallout.Is it possible to just set that rule,just say it ,post it ,whatever you guys have to do.Make a post informing people that anything more than 2 ingame characters is against the rules,and inforce it with jailing with an eventual ban for anyone who thinks they are a comedian and continues to abuse.

Reconite

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 08:27:49 pm »

Then...explain it well, instead of increasing postcount with some fuzzy arguments that don't help.
You think I'm arguing against this change to increase post count? :(
Tyler has explained it pretty well above me.

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 08:39:43 pm »

Tyler has explained it pretty well above me.

I refrain from continuing this discussion without having at least clear clarification of what you actually want. Maybe it's because I'm not native, but I just don't know exactly which issue you describe.

Reconite

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 08:46:37 pm »

I thought the old crafting system was fine... that's what I want back, I thought you would have seen that pretty well from my posts.

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 09:03:58 pm »

I thought the old crafting system was fine... that's what I want back, I thought you would have seen that pretty well from my posts.

Well no, because for someone who've implemented many changes to it, term "old system" have many, too many meanings.
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 05:07:29 am »

I look at the way crafting is treated now , and i like to think of the 'cooldowns' as more of the actual time it might take to create such an item. In that aspect, its pretty damn good.  8 hours for a complex suit of combat armor, fkn rights.
Ask yourself,  How long would it actually take to fill shells at a wasteland workbench,  Or to make a gun, for that matter.
It's quite realistic, but may not be suited for those who like to pick up a weapon and pwn noobz

im sure the realistic sense of crafting and gathering might sound fun.But let me be frank.I dont want to have to "work" in a  game that is similar to real life.It just takes too damn long. >:(
I would like my enlcave skin please :D
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 07:19:03 am »

i agree with the post above me. I play games to have fun, to take a break from reality (working days after days) I dont want to also "work" in a video game, and yes its rewarded. after about 1 hour of finding materials i finally managed to craft the gun and was on my way back to tent suddenly i encountered remnants of the masters army, they told me to put away my weapon. Due to the lag i wasn't quick enough so i got shot. My point is that you lose everything so quick in this game and that is very discouraging plus the timeout is like 2-3 hours. Its just my 2cents opinion as a beta tester, this game used to be fun but the new crafting system is slowly killing it for me (i still find it entertaining at times)

Reconite

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 07:29:00 am »

If it ain't broke, it don't need fixin'. So why "fix" it?

I can think of many things that do need fixing, however.

Only thing I actually like about this is no cooldowns for Minerals, Metal Parts and Alloys (because it's not like they give exp or anything).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 07:34:04 am by Reconite »

Bartosz

• Rotator
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 09:47:57 am »

Either you start talk on-topic, or you move with this discussion to appropriate thread. There's one about cooldowns in suggestion thread. Can't help, but if I post changelog about cumulative timeouts, then talk about cumulative timeouts. This update had nothing to do with timeout values, stop spamming.
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 10:16:31 pm »

i agree with the post above me. I play games to have fun, to take a break from reality (working days after days) I dont want to also "work" in a video game, and yes its rewarded. after about 1 hour of finding materials i finally managed to craft the gun and was on my way back to tent suddenly i encountered remnants of the masters army, they told me to put away my weapon. Due to the lag i wasn't quick enough so i got shot. My point is that you lose everything so quick in this game and that is very discouraging plus the timeout is like 2-3 hours. Its just my 2cents opinion as a beta tester, this game used to be fun but the new crafting system is slowly killing it for me (i still find it entertaining at times)
Candy explains my post even better.We want to play.not work our asses off.We do that in our daily lives (excluding the young children)The change over since the wipe has been annoying. Give us back our fun.sheesh
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 10:19:57 pm by Hertz »
I would like my enlcave skin please :D

Gatling

• Violent Pacifist.
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 08:01:20 am »

I was weary and irked at the start when I finally got to crafting just recently with this new system.  It did feel like a bother, but after learning more, it hasn't really changed much.  The timeouts are relatively the same, but in a different order.  Which, actually IS nicer this way, as it does a few things.

-Things are still the same time to do them, like before.  Except its been reversed.  Previously it was: Slow, drawn-out wait (as you mine the materials gradually) before reaching the required amount after so much time mining, and then instantly(almost) crafting whatever it is you wanted. 
The new method simply  puts the 'wait' period at the end instead, letting you logout, or go wander and die for doc/fa XP if you want.  It has freed the person up and has kept the formula the same throughout.

-Another thing which of note is that some are acting like tons of people don't crafter alt.  That is one of the big things, but as it is, its gonna happen quite often and continue to do so at present until effective measures against it are put in place. Also you should note that people are botting and alting to get crafting done/mined anyway.  (NOTE: with the new method, it helps stop spam crafting on bots as well.  That pile of materials you got sitting there from our bot mining all night is now worthless.  The new crafting cooldown means that despite the cheating, he STILL has to wait for the crafting cooldown to finish, whereas before he could craft-spam with a buncha resources.  Yet another perk to the new system)

It now lets a leisurely player, if they so decide to, craft plenty of XP of an item then logout.  If you mine for a period of time the day before, you can burn through it all in 15 minutes of playtime that you manage to spare the next day, and still get the XP, except more efficiently spread apart and being railroaded into slow mining... like previously.

All in all, the system is an improvement once you get past the initial annoyance at the change.  It has changed nothing except speed the whole process up, thus freeing the players to do anything they want afterwards.  Which includes xping another crafter if they so wish...
And now...
"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."- Rorschach
"It's what people know about themselves inside... that makes them afraid." -The Stranger

Reconite

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 09:16:15 am »

It has changed nothing except speed the whole process up, thus freeing the players to do anything they want afterwards.
Actually, all the cooldowns have been upped by 5-20 minutes (and that's only ammo, some armors go up to 5 hours).

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.