"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 10:14:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Random PvP ideas (split from PVP Screens and Movies)  (Read 6222 times)

JovankaB

Random PvP ideas (split from PVP Screens and Movies)
« on: April 29, 2013, 08:31:28 am »

Looks cool, good job with the safe house. Maybe we could add some real PvP arena close to NCR.
For example a battlefield between ncr and raiders, where players would be able to join any side or
just run around freely.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:34:43 pm by JovankaB »

Dark.

• I heard he came from the North.
Re: Random PvP ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:30:29 pm »

Looks cool, good job with the safe house. Maybe we could add some real PvP arena close to NCR.
For example a battlefield between ncr and raiders, where players would be able to join any side or
just run around freely.
It would be really nice. At least you can get lots of people from areas close to NCR. We fought against 8-9 guys.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 03:16:47 pm »

just run around freely.

Be sure to include multiple spawn points so people cant camp spawns like in tents.

TMA ModMic

• A mad Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 05:08:55 pm »

just run around freely.

A PvP Area with 2 ''neutral'' factions, like BoS and Enclave or NCR and The Raiders.

So you can join one of this factions(without leaving your main faction) and fight against the other faction.
You don't see enemie names, just the names of players on your side. Maybe the players in your faction could be colorized blue and the enemies are red then.

Would be a nice place tohandle some PvP :-)

Greez ModMic.

Sry for my bad english but I hope you understand what I mean :-P

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 07:57:23 pm »

Perhaps hinkley with rare items?
NCR with RCA ,raiders with enviro armor or something.

Enclave with ECA and gauss rifles,BoS with BA and pulse weapons

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 08:19:55 pm »

just run around freely.

instead making another hinkley, isnt that better to make realtime events in game?

JovankaB

Re: Random PvP ideas (split from PVP Screens and Movies)
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 09:15:19 pm »

Not sure what you mean by "realtime event". If a typical event, any GM can do it, I don't stop anyone...

Anyways, I was not thinking about Hinkley nor about any place with "free stuff".
I was thinking about a location where you come with your own things and fight for one of two sides.

What I would like, is a feature where player could fight longer with their own things (but dying would still
mean they lost something real). So I had a general idea that players would come with caps, and as long
as they have caps in inventory, they don't really die - they drop but they aren't lootable and they respawn
on the battlefield. When you kill enemy player, you get for example 50 caps from their inventory. When
their caps drop to 0, player dies for real - drops loot and gets kicked to normal respawn.

Teamkilling would work in opposite way - killed player gets 50 of your caps if the player is from your team
(so you couldn't kick anyone by teamkilling, they would only get richer). Also killing someone on respawn
would work this way. So you could win some caps by doing PvP (which is always nice I think), but all caps
would come from players.

Well, perhaps players should also get free ammo to fight (that would have to be given back if you decided
to leave the battlefield). So you would have to come with own drugs, armor, weapon (and caps to stay on
the battlefield longer) but ammo would be provided by the "armies".

Just a random thought. Give your own :)

Dark.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 09:48:59 pm »

So I had a general idea that players would come with caps, and as long
as they have caps in inventory, they don't really die
If you don't have enough caps in stock you won't be able to partake in such 'event'; basically if you aren't rich you can't join it.

What if all players start with the same amount of caps? For example, once you get inside location you will be awarded with 200 'fake' caps (caps which can't be used to trade). When you die you drop 50 caps, so it means that you have 4 lives in total. When caps amount decrease to 0 you have 3 minutes of replication (pretty boring but it would prevent people from dying like idiots). Every time you respawn after losing all caps you will be geared with the stuff you brought by yourself at the beginning.

And also, those caps might be used to improve your equipment. For example:
- 400 'fake' caps (if you already have 200 caps you have to kill 4 people to get such amount): 800 5mm AP
- 800 'fake' caps (same as above-mentioned but with different amount of kills): Gauss Pistol
- 1000 'fake' caps ("): BA

Once you bought one of these items, you will respawn with them in case of death.
The stuff you can get with 'fake' caps can't be moved from the location, same as Hinkley.

Give me your opinion about it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:06:55 pm by Dark. »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 09:52:29 pm »

Nice event, Dark, shame i couldn't participate.

Also, NCR Army base map, is there any use for it?

Dark.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 09:59:14 pm »

Nice event, Dark, shame i couldn't participate.
Yeah, I hope someone else will get inside that shack in the future :). Back to topic, I'd like to recive your opinion about my ideas for Jovanka's event.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:01:14 pm by Dark. »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 10:24:07 pm »

Yeah, I hope someone else will get inside that shack in the future :). Back to topic, I'd like to recive your opinion about my ideas for Jovanka's event.

Sounds somewhat like buying equipment in Counterstrike, which is good IMO.
You have a maximal amount of fake caps which you can spend, lose and gain back to get better equipment.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 11:06:48 pm »

well yeah, for me it sounds like just another hinkley.
Also people can fight in places like reno and all, and if you like what you see in that screenshot, well you should just disable feature like idling timer in Reno (or maybe at some more times like Modoc for example, just for the variety of pvp), and you will have a well prepared your suggestion. It would be much better than promoting ncr noobing.

JovankaB

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:14 am »

If you don't have enough caps in stock you won't be able to partake in such 'event'; basically if you aren't rich you can't join it.

You could, you would just always risk all gear until you kill someone with caps.

I don't think something like 300-500 caps is "rich", you would have to die 6-10 time to lose it all.
How is losing all gear in New Reno every time you die any cheaper? Someone with one set of good
stuff could come and fight longer, because the player wouldn't lose it immediately if died after a few
steps, just 50 caps.

Fake caps? Meh... :P
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:18:45 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 08:20:39 am »

This is the most stupid idea ever! JovankaB you are ruining this game even more! You want to make this game diablo-crafter server? You saw few noobs shooting in v15 and you want to cheat basic rule of fonline? Maby set another option : if you want to shoot someone send him invite for duel, or special pvp zones. If devs want to save this project first thing to do is "wipe and kick out jovankaB". Your next "pvp tip top update" with Have same result : current amount of players / 2

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 10:02:30 am »

interesting idea this new PVP zone near NCR, just in my opinion full loot is actualy smthing i enjoyed, somthing what made adrenaline raise when we entered tent where 5+ guys were guarding spawn. Same as looting and securing the tent while it was necessary to relog to looter/take loot out of tent. Sometimes we were only 2 guys guarding spawn from enemies to spawn. It was like a some realy nice OP which required organization, order and proper use of builds.

Maybe others will disagree, but for me it would be enought to create and maintain just public area near NCR where players would have some diverse environment, like some public base, maybe modified trapper camp or outpost, even bunker would be nice place ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.