"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 06:17:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Random PvP ideas (split from PVP Screens and Movies)  (Read 6224 times)

JovankaB

Re: Random PvP ideas (split from PVP Screens and Movies)
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 10:08:30 am »

my opinion full loot is actualy smthing i enjoyed

First of all I'm not talking aboure removing full loot, it's suggestion just for one feature that doesn't
exist now.

My idea is that in case of the battlefield, you would lose your gear, but AFTER you lost the battle,
not every single time you "die" on the battlefield. So you wouldn't have to grind 10 gear sets to PvP
for an hour with prevailing enemy. The caps would be a silly way to keep score and ensure reward
to the right people in a way that can't be exploited with alts. Although I don't know what if someone
would like to leave after 5 minutes before the battle is over. And re-supplying would be a problem (drugs)
although I guess a battle could last 30 minutes for example. Well the idea is very rough :P
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:13:33 am by JovankaB »

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 10:12:18 am »

Idea is fine but how about exchanging money to some other more flavour-wise item.

1) "Magical way" - each players get 5 Renow Symbol (those gained from Molerat Brain in oryginal Fallout 2) and they loss one for each death.

2) "Techno way" - each player have 5 pack of "Fury" drug, a drug that allowes to fight even after getting close to death.(after each "death" its assumed that player use one.)
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 10:25:40 am »

Firstly bring back the ability to do TC properly... It's just funny how Idling broke TC and made many players leave the game and now some bunch of random guys are doing "PvP" through camping tents/shacks, because Idling is not working inside(no, I don't suggest introducing Idling in these zones). And now you're pulling out some weird ideas that are meant to explore what this kind of "PvP" has to offer. What about Town Control that has been the main source of fun for so many players for such a long time and is now broken by Idling?

JovankaB

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 10:33:59 am »

I don't think anyone left because of idler, the number of players actually slightly increased after idler update.
Except a few forum warriors who got used to alt waves and proxy cheats there wasn't more complaints than
after any PvP change. Players left later, because English TLA appeared and they enjoy it more than 2238 as
a whole. But reducing it to idler is a nonsense, the same situation is on Requiem and Goons servers.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:41:02 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 10:40:43 am »

Players left because it's so time-consuming to do serious PvP, Idler further increased the frustration(maybe you have a point here that's not the main reason, I'm sure it had an effect though). They would gladly come back if you gave them ability to do Town Control(and PvP in the northern towns in general) comfortably like it was back in the good ol' times. IMO you should first fix "north", then introduce features to "south".

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 12:05:00 pm »

Also, NCR Army base map, is there any use for it?
Say what now?
Hmm sounds interesting.
Picture plox.
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 12:48:34 pm »

You die you have to loot yourself or take another set for pvp. This is gold rule of fonline pvp. Jov why you always have shity features who ruin scraps of pvp? You don't know how u feel when you take top stuff like gauss and you were killed, if you don't want to die go to hinkley, oh wait Ncr noobs can go there because it is to far from Ncr? So nerf looting and set pve/pvp zone. If you want small pvp go to nr. JovankaB please resign from dev position before you will force more people to leave.

And yes 40% of pvp players who left are not playing tla mk2 or other server because they don't want to start everything from noob level. You forced many players to leave, now you are pissing your pants by looking at few noobs in tent. Why you love it so much and you hated tc gangs? They didn't say "we love you jovb, give me skin?" Or "I crafted 30k 5mm ap, give me coockies" ?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:53:22 pm by Lotus_ »

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 02:26:18 pm »

It doesn't seem to me that Idling feature killed the server, there was actually a mild increase after it was put into the game, and except for 2.5 of the bigger gangs there wasn't much negative feedback about it either. But it does look the server should have been called Stealine: 2238 though.

Interpretations may vary.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 03:56:10 pm »

It doesn't seem to me that Idling feature killed the server, there was actually a mild increase after it was put into the game, and except for 2.5 of the bigger gangs there wasn't much negative feedback about it either. But it does look the server should have been called Stealine: 2238 though.

That's true, still I've tried crafting MFC, and SS, and it's super easy (Farm ore from TC box or get it by yourself, and refine, - for 400 caps ore will give you like amount of 600 mfc, which is cool, and stimpacks farmed from raiders and highwaymen to craft ss)
If you can't do it, you're just simple noob who didn't learn to play and cry over forums all day.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:07:08 pm by Tomowolf »
h

Join the Unity

• Charisma 1:Who gives a fuck?I hate you anyway.
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 04:00:46 pm »

Looks cool, good job with the safe house.

My pleasure.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 06:03:43 pm »

*pic*

One thing you don't realise: The player counter only goes up because it went so much down the day before.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 08:01:23 pm »

That's true, still I've tried crafting MFC, and SS, and it's super easy...
My dear friend you forgot to mention that it's super boring. Stealing > crafting and Mayck's chart proves that, howgh.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 08:19:32 pm »

i would not like to make another poll or smthing...iam quite active crafter now, this SS crafting is far less monotonous than stealing ever was. crafting MFC is just quite more difficut than it was with stealing, but i mass crafted 40 000 MFC since update anyway. My general opinion is that stealing wasnt ever as enjoyable as crafting might be.
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »

True. 1h of Stealing and i Have 300ss 20k 5mm ap and 14k mfc :) yes yes crafting is much better!

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 09:48:11 pm »

True. 1h of Stealing and i Have 300ss 20k 5mm ap and 14k mfc :) yes yes crafting is much better!
That's not about quantities, steal just overpowered that, by this skill you could get easily tons of shit, and leveling up 300% stealer is just matter of 2 - 3 hours.
Trough getting 5mm aps, ss and mfc stolen, you could outbuy all shops with barter alt, thats it.
My dear friend you forgot to mention that it's super boring. Stealing > crafting and Mayck's chart proves that, howgh.
Yes, but noone said getting highest tier stuff will be easy and fun.
h
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 23 queries.