"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:18:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Make stealing while shopping an agressive action in high protected city's !  (Read 2740 times)

So here I am, a noob from the noober, and I'm kind of pissed of being robed every time I go trying to sell some ammo against some low-tier stuff in fully protected city's.

Could it be possible that someone stealling while someone shop in NCR, Hub & Vault, trigger the agressive behavior ?

About one week playing, I really felt that new players aren't welcome arround, bad point.

I don't have any "alts" and I don't like that style of playing, but I'm really pissed to be robed by some random "thief alt" who just want to piss of noobs....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:28:23 pm by odjo »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.

So here I am, a noob from the noober, and I'm kind of pissed of being robed every time I go trying to sell some ammo against some low-tier stuff in fully protected city's.

Could it be possible that someone stilling while someone shop in NCR, Hub & Vault, trigger the agressive behavior ?

About one week playing, I really felt that new players aren't welcome arround, bad point.

I don't have any "alts" and I don't like that style of playing, but I'm really pissed to be robe by some random "thief alt" who just want to piss of noobs....
Sorry I couldn't resist... "Wasteland is Harsh".
h

JovankaB

Yea PvP stealing in guarded towns sucks.

Move the trade window when you trade so you can see your character.
Also NCR is probably the worst place to trade.

Unguarded towns may appear risky, but if you don't trade when the server
is the most populated (evenings in Europe) it's not really that dangerous if
you do it quickly and don't carry too much.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:32:55 pm by JovankaB »

In my opinion it is the community which is Harsh, wasteland is just wasteland.

BTW why make protected city if they are not protected ?
I spend 2 hours making ammo and some random stupid guys stole them to me while I'm trying to get a descent weapon to finally go make some quests ....

I can take too loose all in a random encounter, but loosing all even before doing anything sound really weird to me...

Tomowolf

In my opinion it is the community which is Harsh, wasteland is just wasteland.

BTW why make protected city if they are not protected ?
I spend 2 hours making ammo and some random stupid guys stole them to me while I'm trying to get a descent weapon to finally go make some quests ....

I can take too loose all in a random encounter, but loosing all even before doing anything sound really weird to me...
I'm not agaisnt newbies, but you need to adapt fast in this game or you'll be just another player which is being used by others to get their reward.
Steal skill is like other skills, with enough percentage it should give something, not being just a nice skill.
This is wasteland not some futuristic fully protected city
NCR Guards protect it from murders and such crimes, They aren't babysitting anyone.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:18:58 pm by Tomowolf »
h

avv

I'm not agaisnt newbies, but you need to adapt fast in this game or you'll be just another player which is being used by others to get their reward.
Steal skill is like other skills, with enough percentage it should give soemthing, not being just a nice skill.
This is wasteland not some futuristic fully protected city
NCR Guards protect it from murders and such crimes, They aren't babysitting anyone.

Adapt how?

Tomo you've been around for a while but fail to realize basic flaws in game design. And this nuub new guy spotted them right away.
Pvp stealing is bullshit in terms of risk and reward. Bluesuit thief risks nothing but has a chance to obtain valuable items from other players and you talk about "wasteland is harsh". Dude wtf.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

Not to mention that pretty much the only people who are victims of those trolls who risk nothing are newbies. It's close to impossible to steal anything of real value from an experienced player (although you can still troll them).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:23:13 pm by JovankaB »

Tomowolf

Adapt how?

Tomo you've been around for a while but fail to realize basic flaws in game design. And this nuub new guy spotted them right away.
Pvp stealing is bullshit in terms of risk and reward. Bluesuit thief risks nothing but has a chance to obtain valuable items from other players and you talk about "wasteland is harsh". Dude wtf.
I wanted just to make it more exiting topic but well, you've disguised me!; D
For real - yes, the stealer loses nothing but karma, which goes up daily so it doesn't even change a thing.
One thing can be done - like half the chance of success of stealing (on players, if done for all, it won't be even worth to make such character), or put guards in shops so they just do not watch at walls but they warn about having weapon in hands, and getting near to the customer, or catch stealers and shoot them right away - but well - those are just mere suggestions.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:26:46 pm by Tomowolf »
h

Damn right, it's hard to find new players who never played Fallout and didn't ragequit in first two weeks of playing.

Damn right, it's hard to find new players who never played Fallout and didn't ragequit in first two weeks of playing.

I'll try not to.  ::)

But yeah something need to be done arround this I guess, my position was that a noob could find @ least 1 shop were he could take his time and not to be worried about fuk-biiip-g counting how he can make the deal while trying to see if someone try to sneak arround.

(Yeah trade can be kind of awfull somtimes ^^ ,30 sec is harsh)

But I thought that this is what the game is about and that maybe many of you enjoy this feeling so I came with an Hybrid suggestion that could synergise both point of views.

What about 30 sec immunitie to steal while speaking to a trader ? :D

Honestly at this moment,  both, the trader and us,we are shecking our stuff to see what we have to exchange, no one could posssibly come and take something of what we have in front of our eyes, no ?

Is it an implemantable solution ? Does the "engine" can allow this ? We could do some testing ?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast

For a price or reputation, you could ask the trader to teleport to a safe backroom, when your timelimit is over, you get teleported back.

For example, in NCR, you go to the trader and when you have 3000 caps in your inventory, you can choose the dialogue option: "i look forward to a bigger deal, may we speak in private?", then you and trader gets in the backroom, where you pay 500 caps and have your time to make a deal without being disturbed by thieves.

On the other side, those who wait to the vendor coming back are the targets for thieves, so it's only fair for everyone.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:36:50 pm by Alvarez »

I may be wrong as i didn't trade for long, but i think you can trade without fearing thieves in San Francisco, Vault City, The Hub, Junktown and Adytum, which leaves some alternatives.

Also, you can try unprotected cities, but you should trade item by item (or in small quantities) instead of bringing everything at once.

I may be wrong as i didn't trade for long, but i think you can trade without fearing thieves in San Francisco, Vault City, The Hub, Junktown and Adytum, which leaves some alternatives.

Also, you can try unprotected cities, but you should trade item by item (or in small quantities) instead of bringing everything at once.

Why can I trade without fearing thieves in those city ? I've been robed 2 times in NCR.

I see your point in the "trading item by item", but when you need equipment and the merchant got no caps, you have to bring a lot of items in order to get to the price you need to buy your stuff. And it can take some time into the trade window to handle well to get to the price, and this time is a blessing for any thieve arround.

Alvares's proposition sound awesome, I'll pay those caps !

For a price or reputation, you could ask the trader to teleport to a safe backroom, when your timelimit is over, you get teleported back.

For example, in NCR, you go to the trader and when you have 3000 caps in your inventory, you can choose the dialogue option: "i look forward to a bigger deal, may we speak in private?", then you and trader gets in the backroom, where you pay 500 caps and have your time to make a deal without being disturbed by thieves.

On the other side, those who wait to the vendor coming back are the targets for thieves, so it's only fair for everyone.

First, @OP, I thought a failed steal lets you kill them without penalty in "Safe" towns.

@Alvarez- it has long been obvious that a caged trading area would have been developed in response to the constant thieving.
Like the way Renesco's trade counter appears to be partially set up (just as an appearance). The door would be pickable (causing guards to go hostile), but speaking to the guard when the trade booth is empty would get you popped to other side like entering Gunrunners factory area.

+1 Alvarez

bbl with pic of renescos
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

The cities that i listed above are also cities that are protected by npc guards.

There are generally less populated and players behave more peacefully. That doesn't mean they are all fair and that problems never happen, but i remains relativelly rare.

But NCR is well famous since a long time, for a city overcrowded with thieves, bombers and other trolls. The city is in the middle of the wasteland, between north and south and attract any kind of scumbags. Going there means expecting problems.

Personnally, i am fine with that as it give an identity to this place, an identity created by the players, like Reno is an Area of free for all pvp fest, or Redding, a city of men of laws. I am glad that people don't have the same behaviour and gameplay in every city.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 26 queries.