"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:38:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Less cynicism  (Read 3005 times)

Re: Less cynicism
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 12:15:31 am »

Ok, you don't spawn with a mauser and some leather jacket. But what's your point, then?

You don't start with gear and any background. This might not be the way to start the game you thought of but unfortunatly it's the case.

I mean, if you have any suggestion like "Spawn noobs with guns and roleplay-background" , why don't post it in suggestion-board then? Beside this, use your mind! If you are really into roleplay and such i'm sure there are some people, willing to help you if you want to start a project or something.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 12:24:01 am »

Why does the only online Fallout game need to have such limited character roleplaying? READ: the bginning to ever character in this game is the same and they are all newbs(literally, no fucking skills to start with).

Uh, you choose what skills you have at start and you can expand upon them, the beginning is what it is, beginning.

The game is not limited in regard of role-playing aspect, I don't think any game can be. I think you are limited.
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 08:52:51 am »

I know what you're saying, the whole alt support network of this game probably wouldn't be as pronounced if the quest content wasn't so weak. Players could get some unique bonuses / penalties for how they like to play; heck it wouldn't hurt to have a mini-barter window to customize your starting equipment right out the front gate (Example: A hunting rifle, some .22, and stimpak)

Jorhan Stahl

• Trust in players I meet in-game: 0%
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 10:02:35 pm »

Only problem I have with it is the lack of quests (there's not enough. not there aren't any) and starting equipment being a bit shit. Yeah, you can't start with a combat shotgun, 200 shells and metal armor, not the best equipment but you see what I mean. But that's part of it. I chose to roleplay myself and make it up as I go along.
My latest character is a slaver and a childkiller. I play the game "as me", meaning when I type something out, it's me saying, it I am not pretending to be anyone, and when I make game choices it's more to benefit my character rather than "what would blah blah do"?

But I made up my own background. My character is my age, so he's a young adult. Using my interactions with other players I decided he'd been abused and lied to often by other wastelanders and snapped one day. He encountered a family working on their farm in a rage after being beaten half to death and having his possessions by everyone he encountered, he thought "Why the fuck should I be the nice guy?". He killed the children and enslaved the family, only to sell to Metzger later on. Later, he found out about the raiders after running jobs for Metzger and joined up with them, killing and enslaving anyone he can.

You start off with a blank slate. Make it up as you go along. The best kind of roleplay is one you make yourself.
It'd be shit if you had to choose from "Vault dweller/tribal/settler" backgrounds and choose different paths in a slow as fuck, drawn out intro part of the game like every other MMO out there.
You start with nothing and are no one. Then you can make it up how you want, when you want.
Fuck it, my first character was a miner, someone who worked the NCR mines and sold the ore and minerals in bulk to other players and I FUCKING LOVED IT.

Just do it yourself. Gamers who demand everything on a plate aren't gamers at all.

LostSoul

• Gambling 300%
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 11:30:46 pm »

Listen to Jorhan and grow some balls.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 11:48:32 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.