"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:57:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: client crash "character is allready in"  (Read 1618 times)

Rage master

client crash "character is allready in"
« on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:43 pm »

maby someone will fix this?
thnx

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: client crash "character is allready in"
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:23:53 pm »

Either lag related or account hack.
Most likely the first one.

Battle Snap!

• Newbies gonna newb...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:53 pm »

If it says this character is already in game, it means that you will have to wait 3 minutes until he disappears to relog, lag is mostly the cause of this.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:03 pm »

My experience:

1. Sometimes its just delayed information(from you to server) that you are logging off, so you are able to login agan in (for example) 10seconds, this happens mostly if you logout during some connectivity anomaly.

2. But mostly this happens spontaneusly and many times happened to me that i was droped from game in the middle of gaming euphory even if iam pinging google.com with 60ms latency and 0%packetloss (2 or more times right before TC fight). In this case you ll need wait those 3 minutes to disapear from game and relog back.

Rage master

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:55:14 pm »

not lags, fucking lags spikes from 60ping to 5000ping and i can play on 2nd clinet with out problem. it is getting annoying

JovankaB

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:06:39 am »

i can play on 2nd clinet with out problem

What 2nd client?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 09:02:05 am »

Dual log, hello?

I've experienced this bug also and so as many others.

Rage master

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:36 am »

No, when my client crashed by lag spike i closed normal Window and i open sandboxie Window to run other character and it works fine. Yesterday i had 3client crashes. All the Time i had only opened only 1client and 2times i just wait 3mins till i dont dissapear (but i was "in game") to log back and i had idlling timer again. Jov u can be kicked out when ur char stay in game, and he isnt "off" and u can not log on him. Please try to do something with it. I can give u my char Nick to check his log if u want.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 12:40:30 pm »

I can also add that this bug has been present before idling system and pretty much the whole session as far as I remember.

Rage master

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 08:17:05 pm »

During this bug u Have to wait 3min until ur char dont disappear but he is logged in with out off sign on his head. And when u log in again u have again 3min idler. And some of us have unpleasant to meet this bug more than one per day. Last time my client crashed 3times in 4h. Jov can u look at this nasty bug please? And decrease idler from 130s to 90s
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 09:30:41 am »

[...] And decrease idler from 130s to 90s

+1.
Very annoying bug. When i can't logon my char is in danger, and i can't do anything...

JovankaB

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 09:56:21 am »

I'm not sure, but it looks a bit like some core engine issue, maybe connected to specific PC configuration or abusing alts. I'm afraid this is something that can't really be fixed in scripts. For people who have this I would advise to try playing with a single character (or at least wait 3 minute between relogs) and never ever multilog / never run Sandboxie and never ever use a Proxy. Also never say obscene words and always praise Rat God. Who knows, maybe it will help (there are proofs that praying to Rat God in the most hopeless situations can help).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:16:56 am by JovankaB »

JovankaB

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 12:24:09 pm »

There is a ticket with a similar issue in Trac: http://dev.fonline2238.net/trac.wsgi/ticket/362
If you think it's the same bug, provide any information which you think can help fix it there.

If you think it's a different bug (I suppose it is, if your client crashes), then make a proper ticket
for it and provide useful informations there. Any additional "fix it pl0x" threads on this forum
are pointless. In any case, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix, because IF it is not a script
bug (and it doesn't look like one), then it's very likely to be hard to find out what causes this
problem, not mentioning solving it. Especially if you don't provide any valuable informations.

Locking.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:38:11 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 37 queries.