"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:23:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Help on this build Or any build really..  (Read 4623 times)

BenKain

• Independent Developer
Re: Help on this build Or any build really..
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 09:30:25 am »

6 is for the increased carry weight and small hp buff at starting lvl. Can be switched with 1 int imo if you take Weapon Handling.
You should be mainly looking for Grease Guns and Leather Armors at lower levels, then .223 Pistols and Metal Armor MK2s and up at higher.

Great starting build by the way. Very very similar to the build I started with.   

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 09:48:01 am »

.223 pistol is awful choice for fastshotter.

Just peered closely. 18 AP? What kind of sorcery was used during planning this build?

1 ST give minor hp boost. Plus, well, as far as it is starter build i'd rather recommend tag science, boost it as priority skill on first levels to 100 and take Swift learner + Skilled support perks. (Free skill points due to the high value of IN allow to raise repair up to 100 too)
Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 10:14:47 am »

Any bursting gun might fit and any armor highter than Metal one.
6 ST, wat? Why? 5 is more than enough for small guns.

P.S. Brujah, sometimes you sound kinda obsessed about idlers.

Well Could you possibly give me a list? I'm really new and I looked at the weapon list and there a lot o guns that really look different but the same at the same time...

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 10:27:27 am »

Well right in the beginning, this guy: is going to be your one and only friend. Mausers are easy to obtain, and craft, and so is the ammo...

When you get a little more comfortable with the crafting table the M3A1 'Grease Gun' SMG is likely to be your bread and butter. Again, easy to craft and the ammo is made of junk. Gunsmithing 1 is required to make this beauty though.

After that, well it is kind of up to you, and your play style. I was mistaken earlier with the .223, you do have a fast shot build, and you may want to stick with things like the Tommy Gun and the 10mm SMG. But again, the game is largely what you make it. If you make it to needing mid-tier equips, I can help you further (#TheLastLight on the IRC) with what you may want and acquiring such. But ya gotta get there first!   
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:29:44 am by BenKain »
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 10:52:41 am »

P.S. Brujah, sometimes you sound kinda obsessed about idlers.

Phallus Erectus

• Simple and really not crazy
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 12:02:06 pm »

Yeah, you will need some alternate characters to actually get all this survival stuff done for your commando.

Or, seriously bro man, go Unarmed. With a 50 in Traps 180 Unarmed and of course Steal as much as you can.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 12:39:40 pm »

6 ST, wat?

Carry Weight.

18 AP?

Actually it's 10 AP.

well, as far as it is starter build i'd rather recommend tag science, boost it as priority skill on first levels to 100 and take Swift learner + Skilled support perks. (Free skill points due to the high value of IN allow to raise repair up to 100 too)

That is a good choice too: tag Science instead of Repair and do as Fear said. But anyway, this is just a started build and once you have enough items to level up and use better builds, you'll be more confortable with them, so it won't be necessary to push this one all the way to level 24, but still science is a good choice.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 02:51:42 pm »

Yeah, you will need some alternate characters to actually get all this survival stuff done for your commando.
1 alt with 100 repair,it's not that hard
Just tag that skill at the start and do some low level quests until it's up to 100.
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 10:04:34 pm »

So I went to Marshal and asked him to be a gun runner like him. He just keeps telling me off saying I'm not good enough even tho I have 85% Small guns and the 3 CH. I dont know what I am doing wrong?
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 10:23:03 pm »

maybe you have negative rep, not sure if it matters.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 10:27:27 pm »

How much Small Guns did you have when you first talked to Marshal? It seems you didn't pay attention to my explanation :P The idea is to talk to him while you're level 1 because he won't boost your SG skill if it's already above 65%. You must have reached level 2 and raised your skill before talking to him, otherwise the very first thing he would say when you talk to him is something in the lines of "you really don't know how to handle a gun, right?", something like that.

Or, it could be that the guide is wrong and the NPC you gotta talk to is actually not Marshal but another one...

The Gun Runner you gotta talk to is a guy in Combat Armor who is standing inside the building where you find the midget merchant.
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 10:48:25 pm »

How much Small Guns did you have when you first talked to Marshal? It seems you didn't pay attention to my explanation :P The idea is to talk to him while you're level 1 because he won't boost your SG skill if it's already above 65%. You must have reached level 2 and raised your skill before talking to him, otherwise the very first thing he would say when you talk to him is something in the lines of "you really don't know how to handle a gun, right?", something like that.

Or, it could be that the guide is wrong and the NPC you gotta talk to is actually not Marshal but another one...

The Gun Runner you gotta talk to is a guy in Combat Armor who is standing inside the building where you find the midget merchant.

Well I did that wrong Damn Got to restart my guy....
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 11:46:51 pm »

Well I did that wrong Damn Got to restart my guy....

If you wish, but it wouldn't make too much of a difference in the end.
Everything must change.
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 02:11:03 am »

Is there anything else I should do before I lvl? Like any other hidden skills that could help?

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 02:53:37 am »

If you took tagged science you want to get that to 100% and get educated asap. Otherwise, no there aren't any other level specific ones you need to worry about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.