"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 30, 2024, 11:37:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Help on this build Or any build really..  (Read 4624 times)

Help on this build Or any build really..
« on: February 22, 2013, 01:11:07 am »

So Im really new to this game and I kinda just want to rp in it but Im not scared of the pve more so the PVP in this so I was woudering If Someone could help me out with making a RP PVP Kinda of Character.. Like I said I would make my own but I would do at best a RP PVE character and as fun as that would be Im not upfor getting wasted every time I see a Other player.

ATM I found this Build it was Called Sneaky Deadly KNIFE Build lvl 24!

Weapons Best with this Build: Ripper or Switchblade.

SPECIAL:

ST:4
PE:7
EN:2
CH:3
IN:10
AG:10
LK:5

Traits:

Small Frame and Kamikaze

Perks:

Swift Learner (@2)
Awareness (@2)
Educated (@2)
Bonus HtH Damage (@21)
Livewire (@3)
Silent Running (@7)
In your Face (@9)
Ghost (@12)
Silent Death (@15)
HtH Criticals (@24)
Bonus HtH Attacks(@18)

Skills (3 Main ones):

Melee Weapons: 184%
Sneak: 275%
Science: 104%

Now I did not make this I found it. So Don't hate if it sucks it just looks like it would be a good build. But If any other pro fonline player would like to teach or even show me a good build I would be happy to learn.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Help on this build Or any build really..
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 02:53:23 am »

That build is kinda doomed to fail. Melee, Sneak and Science are not skills that go really well with each other. If you want to Sneak, you'll need another combat skill such a Throwing (ideally using Plasma Grenades), so melee is out.

Both Science and Sneak are skills that demand high values, so it's either one of them or the other. Science is mostly used in alts (alternative characters) that are levelled until they reach 250 or 300 science, and are kept in bases and used only to dismantle gear for resources.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:07:00 am »

I'm sure it has Science 100 just to get Educated, for additional Skill Points. Not for disassembling gear. Not my build though, so i could be wrong.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 03:17:29 am »

Whatever his/her choice of perks, support perks, and traits, Melee and Sneak do not go well together and can only result in a fucked up build.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 04:31:46 am »

Well Could one of you possibly give me an rp friendly build with pvp in it?

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 04:48:00 am »

PvP is about minimaxed hiperdrugged munchkin builds that don't work while they are not high on their drugs. If you are a new player, I recommend you to stay away from "serious" PvP (Town Control, New Reno).

Maybe I am wrong but I'm afraid you think that because this is Fallout online you can stand in the middle of New Reno and roleplay you're a made man from one of the families, if you actually do that you'll end up minigunned down to death and you will probably lose interest in the game, and leave.

I recommend you check this out:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,24063.msg200665.html#msg200665

About the build, I'd say there is no such thing as a "RP friendly" build. Technically you could roleplay using any build. What would you like your character to be able to do?
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 05:05:48 am »

You have three basic choices in this game, my friend:

-Be a "pro" PVP player who joins a big faction and does lots of PVP (this would require lots of farming and several different characters for farming and PVPing).

-Be a PVE loner Bear Grylls style, you hunt alone, stay somewhere in your little tent/base gathering gear for yourself and living in your happy little world with minimal player interference, your only objective is killing stuff and hoarding gear for yourself (this playstyle is very nice to motivate you further into the game, maybe it can even make you create a few more alts for even more hoarding in your bases/tents, could even lead you into having enough gear for PVP itself... After you get a drugged up minmaxed build as Eter said).

-Be an NCR idler... And do nothing but that before you ragequit because someone stole your mauser.

Notice that some Bear Grylls guys actually idle in NCR, but they are just a shitty variation of the real PVE loners and generally end up the same way regular NCR idlers do.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 05:34:43 am »

Shit, Brujah actually put that really well.
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 05:50:43 am »

Well What I want to do is like a Tribal Type Character (Maybe Knife down my Opp or shoot them with a bow; hunting, gathering.) I just got back from Farcry 3 and as childish as it sound I was hoping to try to make a Character like Tribal Warrior. And Like I said I dont know anything about this game All I know from pass experience with games like this; Is that PvE + Hardmode= PVP. Now I could be wrong like ive said ive only gotten so fair in this game to stack boxes and fist fight some other noob player and win, then I got shot up by a NPC guard... Honestly I was hoping to find a Well built faction or player with Teamspeak to help me out.

Eternauta: I'm not big on killing other players.. I just thought it would be nice to have a pvp build just incase I get attacked or what not. See Im usually "The Person to carry my team on my back/leader" and I wanted to bring a group of friends into this game to rp and what not so like I said it would be nice to have a Option to kill another player if ever needed.

Brujah: I like the PVE loner option cause it fits on how I want to play (other then the fact I want to play with 5 others) but the PVP factor is scary cause if someone ever found us or me.. Well it would be a sad day.
I'm also the kind of guy where After I build a Nice Protector type Build I like to make other alts to rp with that do other jobs like craft and stuff and are pure crafters.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »

Don't listen to these NCR/IRC idlers, here's a build that will let you RP the shit out of this game:
SNEAK RP TRIBAL MELEE BUILD v2.1b

Replace Even Tougher with In Your Face!, perception is of course miserable, but that is all part of the RP experience.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:29:50 pm by davrot »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 01:01:27 pm »

So Pzycho you say you are willling to use more than one character, and only RP with one or a few of them? I hope that is the case, if so, you're on the right path. Because RP is not strong in 2238 because you'd need other people RP'ing and most players do not do it, in fact most players will just kill you on sight and go "lolnoob" on you. And also because this is a game where you should know you can die almost every time, in which when you die you lose your items, and in which you need items to do stuff, so you'll always need an alt that is at least capable of doing low-level farming.

What I'd recommend is to play the game a bit with a reliable low-level farming build, gather some loot, raise your caps a little, and when you feel you understand how the game works, just then, you make a character for RP, and its build you'll design with a better idea of how to translate your character's concept to 2238 character mechanics.

Later today, when I am back from uni and work, I'll give you some builds. Keep in mind that even when 2238 demand "super efficient" builds, there are still some choices you can make, this means it's possible that my builds will be different from some other players'. I bet others will post their builds for you to take a look at while I am away. Pay attention to all of them, never stick to the first build they give you.

And make sure you check The Last Light (the link I gave you earlier), it'll probably help you stay and thrive in this game.

Will be back later.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
Starting build & Guide
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 03:29:34 am »

I'm back.

First thing to learn in this game is that a very harsh Build Darwinism rules it. Maybe you'd be confortable starting with this build:

With it you can defeat weaker enemies (Small Guns), craft some weapons and armor (Repair), and travel on Worldmap quickly, which means more safely (Outdoorsman). It has relatively good CW which allows to gather materials for your first crafting and carry items for trading operations. You will also be able to dismantle some basic farmed items to get a few resources (Science). Keep in mind that you will do A LOT better in each of these activities if you use alts with specialized builds, but that can wait some time.

If you do use this build, first thing to do is to travel to the Gun Runners (the Fortress in the Boneyard) and get a bonus to Small Guns. You can then level a bit more doing quests.

When you start levelling up, make sure you raise Science to 100 as soon as possible. Do NOT spend skill points on anything else until you get Science 100, which allows you to get the Educated support perk (more skill points per level). Once you have the Educated perk, I recommend you to raise Repair to 50, to get some professions: crafting Explosive Rockets/Combat Shotguns is a good way to get some items via NPC trading. Small Guns Profession 1 enables you to craft Grease Guns, which is the best weapon to kill Khan raiders in Turn-Based (they drop moar Grease Guns and .45 for you, as well as Shotguns & shells, and FN FALs & 7.62).

After getting Repair 50, raise Small Guns and Outdoorsman to 100, then focus on Small Guns until you reach 200, which you need for the combat perks. Then get Outdoorsman to 150 and then you'll have a good amount of skill points free, you can do with them what you want, maybe spend all in Lockpick and look for Blueprints, or start levelling another character for a specific task, for example a better farmer build.

About PvP, you need to understand that most PvP here is done with ridiculously drugged builds and you'll most probably be dead in seconds if you meet a player who is willing to shoot you, unless you are using one of such builds yourself. First forus on PvE, for good PvP you need a solid economic infrastructure. Once you have it, you can start experimenting PvP and/or RP.

Sorry about the doublepost, I wanted to bump the thread so this guy knew I had posted again.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:02:24 am by Eternauta »
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 05:52:07 am »

Brujah: I like the PVE loner option cause it fits on how I want to play (other then the fact I want to play with 5 others) but the PVP factor is scary cause if someone ever found us or me.. Well it would be a sad day.
I'm also the kind of guy where After I build a Nice Protector type Build I like to make other alts to rp with that do other jobs like craft and stuff and are pure crafters.

Then PVE loner is your best option, about PVP... The only PVP you'll probably find is inside unguarded cities while doing certain random tasks or random PKs in random encounters, in that case you will probably die anyway because their builds are meant for killing players while keeping the PK in advantage, it's best to just learn how to farm so you don't care about dying and losing gear.

Shit, Brujah actually put that really well.

I'm always right.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 09:23:37 am »

I'm back.

First thing to learn in this game is that a very harsh Build Darwinism rules it. Maybe you'd be confortable starting with this build:

With it you can defeat weaker enemies (Small Guns), craft some weapons and armor (Repair), and travel on Worldmap quickly, which means more safely (Outdoorsman). It has relatively good CW which allows to gather materials for your first crafting and carry items for trading operations.

If you do use this build, first thing to do is to travel to the Gun Runners (in the Boneyard) and get a bonus to Small Guns. You can then level a bit more doing quests.

I recommend you to raise Repair to 50 first, to get some professions: crafting Explosive Rockets/Combat Shotguns is a good way to get some items via NPC trading. Small Guns Profession 1 enables you to craft Grease Guns, which is the best weapon to kill Khan raiders in Turn-Based (they drop moar Grease Guns and .45 for you, as well as Shotguns & shells, and FN FALs & 7.62).

After getting Repair 50, raise Small Guns and Outdoorsman to 100, then focus on Small Guns until you reach 200, which you need for the combat perks. Then get Outdoorsman to 150 and then you'll have a good amount of skill points free, you can do with them what you want, maybe spend all in Lockpick and look for Blueprints, or start levelling another character for a specific task, for example a better farmer build.

About PvP, you need to understand that most PvP here is done with ridiculously drugged builds and you'll most probably be dead in seconds if you meet a player who is willing to shoot you, unless you are using one of such builds yourself. First forus on PvE, for good PvP you need a solid economic infrastructure. Once you have it, you can start experimenting PvP and/or RP.

Sorry about the doublepost, I wanted to bump the thread so this guy knew I had posted again.

So what kind of small guns should I look for an what types of armor what should I be doing and looking for with this build?

Redivivus

• Fear
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 09:26:42 am »

Any bursting gun might fit and any armor highter than Metal one.
6 ST, wat? Why? 5 is more than enough for small guns.

P.S. Brujah, sometimes you sound kinda obsessed about idlers.
Innocence proves nothing
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 16 queries.