"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 02:51:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Change all the weapons stats  (Read 8880 times)

Re: Change all the weapons stats
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 01:17:51 pm »

I think few people here understands what I'm talking about: Look carefully at the changes I suggested, and tell me how it is incompatible with fallout canon ?

If we take the original fallout timeline (not F3); the timeline divergence occurs in 1969, everything created prior to this date should remain "as is in reality". Did I mention that it would be needed to change the name "H&K P90" to "FN p90" ?

The USM3A1 was invented during WWII; The .22 rifles long before that; The .223 was invented during the early 50's. the M60 was inventended during that time too and copied from the FG-42; The mauser C96 was invented in its final form in 1895.

Did I suggest changes for the laser weapons, 10mm pistols etc ? The only changes I suggested for weapons like that is changes that would keep them "balanced": Changeing the description of the miniguns firerates, DESCRIPTION, and I stated that if it wasn't an option to change the description; then the minigun would empty its magazine in only one burst, because at 60 000rpm; when the m60 can make a 10 rounds burst (realistic in so far that its firerate is 10 rounds per second), the minigun would have a firerate of 1000 rounds per second according to the silly description: no human being can handle that, for your information the XM-214 microgun firing 5.56mm bullets at 4 000 rpm would increase its weight when firing by more than 70 kg. And 4 000 rpm = "only" 66 rounds per second, not 1000...

So please, read my first post, if you can't find it, here is the line:
"Some of us like realism, we are all well aware that this game can not be very realistic, but at least some changes could make things easier for us to look at"

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:53 pm »

But of course in real life you can take on self 5 rockets and don't die :D
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 01:50:05 pm »

Statistics: Rockets are largely less effective than bullets for the purpose of killing infantry;
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 01:51:43 pm »

Judging from this guy's last sugestion I won't even bother reading this one.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »

This game really isn't a very good tactical game nor realistic.  A good (although still not realistic) tactical turn based game is Jagged Alliance 2.  There have been games that have used "realism", where one shot generally means instant death (or a quick and excruciating demise), it turns out those games aren't much fun and nobody wants to play them.  This game is just about having fun, trying out different builds and doing whatever nonsense you find entertaining, really nothing more.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Perteks

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 04:22:52 pm »

Statistic: more people died from being idiots than from bullets/rockets/knifes
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 05:36:51 pm »

Honestly, imagine trying to hit a moving human target with an rpg. They should only be able to target hex with a 2 second delay for the rocket to get there.

Perteks

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 05:47:41 pm »

Honestly, imagine trying to hit a moving human target with an rpg. They should only be able to target hex with a 2 second delay for the rocket to get there.
Erm you know grenades from rpg have around 250m/s speed?
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 06:47:58 pm »

Erm you know grenades from rpg have around 250m/s speed?

and a bullet travels at 896 m/s yet they take the same time to travel. Also the grenade has to ignite before it takes off there's a delay there.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 07:35:47 pm »

If I remember correctly there was a delay in the original fallouts.
It was the time it took for the rocket sprite to get to the target.It was about 2 seconds I think.

Perteks

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 07:43:17 pm »

Start is around 130-150m/s. I don't think it will give any difference on that small distance what is ingame (even if 1 hex is 1m or 1,5m it's still less than 100m)
And animation was much faster.
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 10:19:30 pm »

The rocket launcher in the game does not exist in reality, so anything is possible. And from how it works the rocket is armed at launch.
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 10:44:32 pm »

Current in game system is not something to base calculations on. By that logic sniper rifle is a sling shot that can barely send a bullet across a football field. Fact is fonline is infantry combat and rpg is anti material, logically it wouldn't be used. Hopefully 3d comes and rejuvenates interest and these discussions will serve a purpose(if the devs let go of old systems).

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 05:38:27 am »

The RL has HE ammos and AP ammo; HE ammo should be more effective at crippling targets / knockouts over a "large" area; AP rockets should have a smaller radius and deal more damage to the targeted person. RL should also be able to target a hex. But that is not a priority in my opinion, changeing the small arms is more urgent. The rockets should be both more expensive and deadly, making them usefull for deathclaws or supermutant hunting, nobody "sane" in a post apocalypse world would use them against a target that could be dealt with a bullet.
 Yes I noticed using the sniper rifle on armored targets (aiming for the eyes) resulted in nothing but my own death.

Same thing with the perk "silent death", we were joking with Trokanis that they should change the description in something more appropriate: "Attack silently someone in the back to anger them a bit: they will loudly blow you away. It's that kind of perk."

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 08:36:26 am »

Agreed with the rockets things. Just like with 5mm, where JHP and AP serve different purpose, HE should be better against someone unarmored while AP against armored.

Rockets were expensive and it was pain in the ass, please lets not go into price balance, thats totally different matter.

Back in the days, silent death was an instant kill perk, I cant believe someone has problems with it for being weak. Its a perk among others and should be comparable to them in terms of strength.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.