"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 07:22:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: If it ain't broke don't fix it  (Read 12915 times)

Gunstar

• drama queen dead millionaire/h4x0r
If it ain't broke don't fix it
« on: December 08, 2012, 02:07:44 am »

If it ain't broke don't fix it, this is a really good suggestion for your game, seems things that get fixed make the game worse follow this advice. Its a common saying, it is great words of wisdom maybe try think of its meaning.

If it isn't broken, like a machine running perfecly fine or a table that stands, then don't fix the machine or try to adjust the leg on the table because the machine won't run properly or the table collapses. Pretty easy concept don't you think?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 07:55:43 am by Gunstar »

August

• ♫ I wish they all could be New California... ♫
Re: If it ain't broke don't fix it
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 02:30:49 am »

Oh I can tell your gonna be a snarky bastard. Making your rage posts everywhere? But I can agree, game features that are not broken or don't need repair should be left alone but the problem is that this is a beta, things are still being worked out and the dev's are trying to find what works best, they are experimenting mmkay???
——————/´ ¯/)———Rage Quit Threads
—————--/—-/———Town Burster's
—————-/—-/———Real Time Combat
———--/´¯/'--'/´¯`•_———Spawn Camper's
———-/'/--/—-/—--/¨¯\———Forum PvP
——--('(———- ¯~/'--')———NCR "PvP"
———\————-'—--/———
———-'\'————_-•———
————\———--(———

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 03:06:38 am »

Oh I can tell your gonna be a snarky bastard. Making your rage posts everywhere? But I can agree, game features that are not broken or don't need repair should be left alone but the problem is that this is a beta, things are still being worked out and the dev's are trying to find what works best, they are experimenting mmkay???
Yes but the devs "fix" things to their likings, not to the players likings. That is why they lose more and more players every update. Only us faithful players will remain.  ;)

August

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 03:30:55 am »

Yes but the devs "fix" things to their likings, not to the players likings. That is why they lose more and more players every update. Only us faithful players will remain.  ;)
Until they Wipe, then servers are flooded for a few days before the rage quits, rage posts and complaining start again. Lets say they do something about fast relog...
"fast relog is tutully gay fuking devs, me gotta wait 10 mins just to rewog on ma crafter bitch I quit"
They remove all the extra guards in NCR
"Faking campers be trolling ma ncr game is dead i quit anyone who play dis gam is queercocksuck"
They change town control in any way shape or form.
"FAK YOU DEVS! You ruined TC even mooor! fax it or i fucking quit forever again"
See its never really gonna end. No matter what you do someone is gonna hate it and rage.
———\————-'—--/———
———-'\'————_-•———
————\———--(———

Gimper

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 03:40:09 am »

Until they Wipe, then servers are flooded for a few days before the rage quits, rage posts and complaining start again. Lets say they do something about fast relog...
"fast relog is tutully gay fuking devs, me gotta wait 10 mins just to rewog on ma crafter bitch I quit"
They remove all the extra guards in NCR
"Faking campers be trolling ma ncr game is dead i quit anyone who play dis gam is queercocksuck"
They change town control in any way shape or form.
"FAK YOU DEVS! You ruined TC even mooor! fax it or i fucking quit forever again"
See its never really gonna end. No matter what you do someone is gonna hate it and rage.
Yes this is true, but I'm sure the devs noticed how many players they have nowadays compared to how many players they had in 2009 - early 2011. Even a mentally challenged old lady could see that it needs to be reverted back to the way it was then. You'd have to be an inbred mentally dead vegetable with three cancer tumors growing on each side of your walnut sized brain, to not know that it should be changed back.... Sorry for my brief rage there, but i just said it how it is.

August

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 03:43:05 am »

Yes this is true, but I'm sure the devs noticed how many players they have nowadays compared to how many players they had in 2009 - early 2011. Even a mentally challenged old lady could see that it needs to be reverted back to the way it was then. You'd have to be an inbred mentally dead vegetable with three cancer tumors growing on each side of your walnut sized brain, to not know that it should be changed back.... Sorry for my brief rage there, but i just said it how it is.
Can't argue with ya there Gimp  :-\
———\————-'—--/———
———-'\'————_-•———
————\———--(———
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 07:17:21 am »

there are less people because the game is slow to develop, has no direction, looks outdated, isn't fun, is populated by douches, etc. The peaks of player pop were people checking the game out, now that they know what it is they won't be coming back.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 06:37:32 pm »

there are less people because the game is slow to develop, has no direction, looks outdated, isn't fun, is populated by douches, etc. The peaks of player pop were people checking the game out, now that they know what it is they won't be coming back.
I don't believe this.  There was definitely a very nice, stable amount of people who played the game throughout the years.  Only recently has this stability been disrupted.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Gimper

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 08:06:14 pm »

I don't believe this.  There was definitely a very nice, stable amount of people who played the game throughout the years.  Only recently has this stability been disrupted.
This is exactly the point I'm trying to make. If the downfall started recently (late 2011 as I stated earlier) then, why not change it back to how the players liked it. The devs changed and updated it to how they want. not to the suit of the players. It's almost like they WANT Fonline to be dead.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 09:00:27 pm »

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make. If the downfall started recently (late 2011 as I stated earlier) then, why not change it back to how the players liked it. The devs changed and updated it to how they want. not to the suit of the players. It's almost like they WANT Fonline to be dead.

I think right now, fixing crafting and blueprints would probably satisfy alot of people.  I also think barter should be an outstanding issue that needs attention.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

JovankaB

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 11:20:41 pm »

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make. If the downfall started recently (late 2011 as I stated earlier)

If you mean number of active players, it didn't start recently.

There was definitely a very nice, stable amount of people who played the game throughout the years. Only recently has this stability been disrupted.

You are wrong. And I'm slightly tired of reading this, so I prepared a chart based on monthly
Server-Boy statistics: http://i47.tinypic.com/abnq5h.gif

Sadly no data from the first 9.5 months, so I only drew an approximation based on my memory
and the trend.

I don't remember exactly how it was in the very beginning, but as far as I remember "over 500
people" was always the largest peaks, if someone played only during peak hours then I suppose
that's what the player remembers as "normal"...

But I'm quite sure that in February 2010 over 500 people was already unusual. Izual and me made
the over-hyped NCR defense event back then, it was done on weekend evening, advertised on the
forum for several days, and I do remember quite clearly that we noticed the number of players on
the server went to over 500 during the event and I thought that there is as many players as in the
beginning of the OBT.

If there is any stability then it's now (although maybe not with as many players as you would like).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:23:24 pm by JovankaB »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 11:30:46 pm »

Nice screenshot, hehe good times. Sadly, you seem to be right.  :'(
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 12:59:40 am »

So, the game has been dying for a long time now. Nothing new, moving on.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 01:37:17 am »

If you mean number of active players, it didn't start recently.

You are wrong. And I'm slightly tired of reading this, so I prepared a chart based on monthly
Server-Boy statistics: http://i47.tinypic.com/abnq5h.gif

Sadly no data from the first 9.5 months, so I only drew an approximation based on my memory
and the trend.
  The very chart you show me, shows the playerbase slowly declining, the largest drop and where we're stuck now after the last wipe.
So uh, what?  Unless I'm reading it wrong?
I don't remember exactly how it was in the very beginning, but as far as I remember "over 500
people" was always the largest peaks, if someone played only during peak hours then I suppose
that's what the player remembers as "normal"...
  I remember 300-400 being normal and very alive.  At night it was maybe 150-250.  On the weekends,
My time naturally -.-.
But I'm quite sure that in February 2010 over 500 people was already unusual. Izual and me made
the over-hyped NCR defense event back then, it was done on weekend evening, advertised on the
forum for several days, and I do remember quite clearly that we noticed the number of players on
the server went to over 500 during the event and I thought that there is as many players as in the
beginning of the OBT.

If there is any stability then it's now (although maybe not with as many players as you would like).
By stability, I am mostly saying that:

stable = enough players to not feel like it's a dead game, and you could predict at what times how many players would be online.

It used to be, 350-400 at very peak hours, 250-300 before and just after peak.  and then it dropped to about 100-200 randomly.  Right now it's at 200 peak, 50-100 at lowest.  This is ridiculous.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 01:38:58 am »

Nice screenshot, hehe good times. Sadly, you seem to be right.  :'(

I remember those days :)

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 24 queries.