"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:50:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Let RP players imagination way to express!:)  (Read 1287 times)

Let RP players imagination way to express!:)
« on: July 24, 2012, 01:59:37 am »

First of all, sorry for my english.

As I written in other topic (which was not proper for suggestions), I reminded the idea of transforming our gang bunker season ago into something more RP (it was a cool place, but abandoned) and i think that the problem of little RP and player interaction is the fact that we cant RP properly cause to game mechanics.

You see, in my opinion this game should go into the direction of more player possibilities to express their ideas. Check this out: we can build outposts, trappers camp, depots, make caves and abandoned bunkers able to live in, we can have many slaves, companions etc., we can tell them to fight till death but cant tell them to do other things, less connected with fights. In shortcut, players gangs should be able to make own bases that can become public and visible, and where they can set own merchants, own guards, own laws, or even make some map changes (of course, in reasonable way), like adding houses, in one word, to make own city like others, but driven by players. It would solve problem with market - they can set own prices (why they should not be able to do this since they can have many slaves/followers), can give quests to other players (everything through NPCs). These kind of cities would be more interesting in PVP, RP, and I can assure you that it wont kill spirit of the game or TC in other towns. I understand that it would be hard to implement, but i think it would be great if this game would go in direction where you can play your role not bound by game mechanics.
Re: Let RP players imagination way to express!:)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 04:18:40 am »

Totally support.

That being said

Totally know it won't happen.

LOVE the idea though.
We are wasteland's 100% up-to-date manual. Find us if you need a hand.

Support the Maltese Falcon Open Mic Night!
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,25332.0.html
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 01:18:07 am »

yes this.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 03:48:20 am »

I like it, makes sense.  Players should be able to make their own trading outposts etc,.  Add guards with rule sets that are programmable from faction terminal perhaps and turrets etc,.  Be able to add merchants with a list of items that they will sell and buy and prices or have it fluctuate between highs and low points that can be set for example, lets say I'm a rope merchant (ikr!).  I have an outpost buy 2 turrets to maintain inner compound integrity (i.e. shoot mother fuckers that don't belong to faction that attempt to enter main gate).  In the front I have merchant npc I have bought and placed with 20 ropes in inventory and set the selling price to 100 caps buy them for 10 (whatever, immaterial, just concept is important not the particulars) and I have it set to buy fibers for 10 caps and sell for 20, unlimited.  Now I have a "rope" trading post set up!  Ever happen?  Probably not as I think the level of programming expertise exceeds that of the remaining programmers left on the project (maybe sciper could, maybe mayck if he applied himself, Jovanks :(  ).  Amateur programmers are more suited to debugging and making static changes not robust dynamic mechanics, I dread to think of what hop scotch patched crap code the svn repository has become.... I'm not really dissing the devs just telling the community what they can realistically expect.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:51:46 am by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Killer Rabbit

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 03:50:01 am »

Ok So now i will tell u how it would looks like. Ncr trollfest and tnb/bbs/hawks pvp ground. Gangs would just raid ur town with 100 slaves with plasma nades and kill everyone. Or some sneakers would kill u all with gatlings. Similar player run city is in requiem but there are only 2main sides pk and apk.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:48:32 am by Killer Rabbit »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 07:26:32 pm »

I tried to do something like this a long time ago,but I got too lazy plus most of the people involved left so I decided to stop working on the thing.Real shame tho.
Needless to say I like this idea.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 11:14:30 pm »

Believe it or not, a lot of people crave something more than mindless PvP (imo hinkley is for that nonsense) and would relish in more trader, social and rp opportunities.  Please devs, at least consider it.
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 11:46:39 pm »

if you like to have public bunker , just start beging some dev and maybe he will give you complete list of registered characters, rest would be on you - just start adding...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.