"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 05:06:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Changelog 24/11/2012  (Read 43479 times)

vinio

• C.O.A.
Re: Changelog 24/11/2012
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2012, 02:51:35 pm »

i have to agree with t888 with lot of things.u cant just do replication time 20 secs with the current FR system(unless u devs thinking to change Fr system aswell).this kind of update  increases trolling.on the other hand i would say u have to increase replication time mb 2 mins instead of 1.
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2012, 02:52:44 pm »

I have not read the whole topic but before i do that i will just leave this links that the mother google gave me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(online_gaming)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating

Because some dumbfuckerus dont really understand their meaning...

Why is SoT in the related articles there?

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »

vinio, how does this update increase trolling? the way i see it, it slightly reduces alting and makes gettign into action alot faster.

JovankaB

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2012, 02:54:37 pm »

There is no point to make people who play with one character to wait whole minute
and stare at the screen, when anyone else will just relog to another character.

This is especially true for "trolls", who need only 2 alts and no equipment and waiting
20s doesn't really make anything better for any "troll" with more than one alt.

In my opinion 20 seconds is just enough to give some people enough incentive to stay
on the character - in TC it probably won't matter for people who are addicted to fast
relogging, but in hundreds of other situations it will.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:58:45 pm by JovankaB »

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2012, 02:58:25 pm »

vinio, how does this update increase trolling? the way i see it, it slightly reduces alting and makes gettign into action alot faster.

for example if ur a bluesuit troll sneak at reno and keep coming back in a blink of an eye to harash a pvp team and mb loot also when u have a chance then its bad from my point of view.pinkie pie will make a celebration with this update ;D

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2012, 03:00:48 pm »

for example if ur a bluesuit troll sneak at reno and keep coming back in a blink of an eye to harash a pvp team and mb loot also when u have a chance then its bad from my point of view.pinkie pie will make a celebration with this update ;D

how the fuck does this make you get back in a blink of an eye when you have to travel at least 1 minute to get there? especially when you get forced encounters? please explain.

blink of an eye = fast relog.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 03:03:32 pm by DeputyDope »

avv

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2012, 03:01:09 pm »

The whole trolling playstyle is revolving around the fact that if you die in bluesuit, you lose nothing. Maybe reducing spawntimer makes the trolling effects worse, but increasing it won't remove trolling either.

Put a price on death, so that the killer benefits. Trolling ends.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »

There is no point to make people who play with one character to wait whole minute
and stare at the screen, when anyone else will just relog to another character.

There is point to make a flexible replication system, not some far-fetched solution witch doesn't work properly. Characters that are fully equipped might as well re-spawn quite quickly, but some gear-less characters shouldn't, it's been discussed by the rest of the community and acknowledged before as an issue. Now you come with this 20s re-spawn timer and "fix" something that doesn't need fixing, not like this.

In my opinion 20 seconds is just enough to give some people enough incentive to stay
on the character - in TC it probably won't matter but in hundreds of other situations it will.

But, if the player doesn't have more than one character, what does that change, besides the fact that trolling is directly promoted this way? Or maybe you will deny the fact of gear-less characters, who come back as soon as possible with no penalty besides the replication timer witch now is reduced. I'll refresh your mind.

Remember that time when you entered broken hills, with some gear-less hand to hand characters to linger around in the battlefield, knock our players down with heavy handed, kill some of our sneakers and you came back each time pretty fast, now you are going to be able to come back and annoy much faster. You played though added nothing valuable to game play, pointless character, just an annoyance. It's stupid, it doesn't serve any purpose, those kind of character need to be limited as much as possible, now you are just encouraging other players to do that and that is wrong. Need to encourage players to use equipment, not still run around empty handed and do it faster. How can you not understand this?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 03:05:31 pm by T-888 »

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2012, 03:04:06 pm »

how the fuck does this make you get back in a blink of an eye when you have to travel at least 1 minute to get there? especially when you get forced encounters? please explain.

what u dont undersand?u come 40 secs faster in any situation.thats y i say increase replication time  more instead of decreasing.

JovankaB

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2012, 03:04:52 pm »

How about random respawn if you die without any armor :>
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2012, 03:06:07 pm »

I actually like it, it's a start, but won't fix the issue completely. :)

Some guy comes to TC, there was a fight and he just takes some armor from ground and equips it, and just loots, if he dies he will just avoid this kind of system. Need more factors, like he has to wear that armor for x time for it to take place. But i am not sure if that would be good, considering players with not so much characters, coming back from re-spawn and picking items up from base and just already going to fight and dying quickly having to wait long, that x time idea could backfire.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 03:11:20 pm by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2012, 03:06:40 pm »

Remember that time when you entered broken hills, with some gear-less hand to hand characters to linger around in the battlefield, knock our players down with heavy handed, kill some of our sneakers and you came back each time pretty fast, now you are going to be able to come back and annoy much faster.

in case ya haven't noticed, BH death = VC spawn. unless you use dual log to taxi your character, 40 seconds less won't matter. but seems like you already know about that dirty tactic, since for you that replication point doesn't matter anyway?

i thought dual log with advantage in PVP is ban-able?

talkin' about cheaters, eh?

vinio

• C.O.A.
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2012, 03:09:29 pm »

actaully is a great idea.make bluesuit trolls spawn in alaska :P
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2012, 03:12:51 pm »

in case ya haven't noticed, BH death = VC spawn. unless you use dual log to taxi your character, 40 seconds less won't matter. but seems like you already know about that dirty tactic, since for you that replication point doesn't matter anyway?

i thought dual log with advantage in PVP is ban-able?

talkin' about cheaters, eh?

Replication point hardly matters, for some it does, for some it doesn't(depends if dual or not). Transporting characters from re-spawn with taxi on dual log is completely legit now. Though someone from my team speak will be angry, because i am giving you tips, can't educate the enemy, just kidding. ;D

Re-spawn bases => taxi. Old trick, very old.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 03:16:11 pm by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2012, 03:16:25 pm »

Replication point hardly matters, for some it does, for some it doesn't(depends if dual or not). Transporting characters from re-spawn with taxi on dual log is completely legit now. Though someone from my team speak will be angry, because i am giving you tips, can't educate the enemy. ;D

Though re-spawn bases => taxi. Old trick, very old.

and why are you crying again?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 24 queries.