"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 06:59:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Changelog 24/11/2012  (Read 43003 times)

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: Changelog 24/11/2012
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2012, 12:32:38 pm »

Just wanted to say I do not think this is re-enabled...

Fixed in nighty hotfixes pack, so should work by now.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:04:10 pm by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2012, 12:41:12 pm »

This doesn't improve the situation. It'd be nice if it did, but it doesn't, such candy land doesn't exist for me. Quite the opposite, it'll do more bad than good. The replication timer never was considered long by anyone nor an issue at the same time, if you really believe that this will help, then it's preposterous and i know why exactly this will  just not work at all in practice.

the replication timer IS incredibly long considering the fast-relog. don't like modoc? move your ass to another city that's further from the respawn and problem solved.

Here is the thing. Players witch bring more than one character to fight with (those witch bring 1 character still have utterly no chance even if the timer was 0, in practice they die very fast and leave very low amount of loot so it is very fast to loot them and get out of the city before they can retaliate), rarely experiences timer at all unless he lost all his characters at the same minute, but when he loses all his characters, no matter how much as long as it is more than one, logically the player will switch to a character witch has been dead already, at least he should because that is how it works in practice. Therefore any player that does that won't experience the replication CD at all, meaning the desired effect witch should take place after replication time decrease, is just non-existent for players with alt disadvantage( everyone uses alts in combat now, at least in TC, the problem is that one team just has more and this change won't do shit for them). Once dead, it's a matter of travel distance, organization to get back, some are better at that, some are worse, those players witch don't have base near each city, dedicated re-spawn bases etc. etc. are the players with the disadvantage.
tl;dr

the thing is that you bring 10 characters on map before every fight. what's the difference if ONE character comes back every minute instead of 10 characters coming every minute? i find the first option WORSE. this update gives solo players the chance to pvp with only one character without that bullshit 1 minute cooldown.  you already have a penalty for travelling the world map to the city, so what's the big deal?
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2012, 12:47:28 pm »

the replication timer IS incredibly long considering the fast-relog. don't like modoc? move your ass to another city that's further from the respawn and problem solved.

What? We LOVE Modoc, we stuff the base with so much stuff and at the point when and if we loose alts, we come back in lighting speed and keep coming back until we run out of stuff and when do we run out of stuff? We don't have a problem with that, other players might, as i explained not everyone is so organized and the 20 second re-spawn will just help us at some point.

the thing is that you bring 10 characters on map before every fight. what's the difference if ONE character comes back every minute instead of 10 characters coming every minute? i find the first option WORSE. this update gives solo players the chance to pvp with only one character without that bullshit 1 minute cooldown.  you already have a penalty for travelling the world map to the city, so what's the big deal?

If i and my buddies bring 10 characters each, it won't matter for the opposite team even if the timer is 0. Though some stupid trolls that come back each time when they die to loot gear of a battle they haven't fought, is very annoying. Basically nice trolling feature.

We need some proper anti FR feature, not some shit that will help trolls troll faster.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:31:02 pm by Nexxos »

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2012, 12:55:31 pm »

*Indestructible armors...20 sec for respown.*  ::)

Actually better to make 0 sec on respawn and each character which join a game automatically took 24lvl.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 12:58:17 pm »

If i and my buddies bring 10 characters each, it won't matter for the opposite team even if the timer is 0. Though some stupid trolls that come back each time when they die to loot gear of a battle they haven't fought, is very annoying. Basically nice trolling feature.

if it won't matter if the timer is 0, then why are you crying?

you know what else is a trolling feature? fast-relog. your fast-relog.
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 01:05:18 pm »

if it won't matter if the timer is 0, then why are you crying?

To win a battle, to equalize odds of the teams witch have a lot of alts, it won't make a difference. Dying was already close to no penalty, it was only time for certain type of players, who play in a very casual way and don't participate in any in-game activities rather than annoying and trolling other players.

you know what else is a trolling feature? fast-relog. your fast-relog.
I like to camp NCR and kill bluesuits.

Said by a NCR troll. ;D

How predictable, troll defending a feature witch allows him to troll faster. Actually, pathetic.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:59 pm »

Said by a NCR troll. ;D

actually I pvp alot, and most the times i pvp SOLO. don't believe me? don't give a shit. and i KNOW how annoying is to kill 2 people that fast-relog to kill one character. so basically i have to fight twice that ammount.

ps: and yes, i camp NCR and kill bluesuits too. problem?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:12:34 pm by DeputyDope »
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 01:18:01 pm »

actually I pvp alot, and most the times i pvp SOLO. don't believe me? don't give a shit. and i KNOW how annoying is to kill 2 people that fast-relog just for the fuck of it.

So if you do "Solo", whatever that means ( running around in Reno with leather jackets and throwing knifes?), how is this going to help you? You'll be able to re-gear your character just a bit faster once you died, but will it actually help you to defeat anyone who is using multiple alts?

Think about it, you kill a player character and he re-logs to kill you, you both have a dead character, what both of you do? Common sense.

If anything, timer once died should be increased for gear-less characters and what not. Not decreased like currently.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:25:29 pm by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2012, 01:25:34 pm »

So if you do "Solo", whatever that means ( running around in Reno with leather jackets and throwing knifes?), how is this going to help you? You'll be able to re-gear your character just a bit faster once you died, but will it actually help you to defeat anyone who is using multiple alts?

If anything, timer once died should be increased for gear-less characters and what not. Not decreased like currently.

i WOULD run in metal armor and avenger if i knew there's not gonna be losers that fast-relog massively just to get good stuff off ONE player.

how is this going to help me? 40 seconds less helps, especially when you die loads of times.

it doesn't help me defeat someone who has multiple alts, but that's beside the point. the point is that there's worse features than -40 sec replication and that's fast-relog.

and no, i don't go around in leather jacket and throwing knives. and no, i don't only go to reno.

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 01:28:38 pm »

It means more playing and less waiting, not everything in this game is about winning, you can have fun even without win.

However, what really pisses me off is that I am kicked out of Hinkley 20 seconds after each death. 100% annoying.

JovankaB

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2012, 01:40:37 pm »

what really pisses me off is that I am kicked out of Hinkley 20 seconds after each death

Well, if you think it's a bug (and it sounds like one), then make a bug report ticket in Trac.
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 01:42:50 pm »

It means more playing and less waiting
Then why not to remove it completely? No replication timer, preferably respawning on worldmap at the place you died or better, in your base.

The problem is that 60s replication timer was one of few things that weren't changed during last 3 years and it was perfectly fine. Then why to change it at all? Not surprising that jovanka came up with this dumb idea, don't you remember her defending AC-troll feature?  :)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »

Was it really? If you want to relog, you relog anyway. It changes nothing for you. If you only have one character, you don't need to wait too long anymore. So what's the big deal? "Oh no, they don't have to wait 60 seconds anymore!"? What exactly is it that makes 20 seconds waiting worse than 60 seconds waiting?
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 01:55:20 pm »

It means more playing and less waiting, not everything in this game is about winning, you can have fun even without win.
Was it really? If you want to relog, you relog anyway. It changes nothing for you. If you only have one character, you don't need to wait too long anymore. So what's the big deal? "Oh no, they don't have to wait 60 seconds anymore!"? What exactly is it that makes 20 seconds waiting worse than 60 seconds waiting?
Then why not to remove it completely? No replication timer, preferably respawning on worldmap at the place you died or better, in your base.

Sure, let's make leveling a character only few minutes, farming equipment also few minutes, less waiting and more playing, more fun right? How about we just make resources available in all bases, HQ ore, minerals etc. etc. so we don't have to waste more time than we have to, right? Make advanced workbench right there in the caves. Might as well own personal Game Master to spawn stuff directly on demand, because hey he can do it faster! Less waiting, more fun, right? You'll do in some minutes, not hours, so what is the big problem?

Some sort of restrictions exist so everyone can have fun.

The sole purpose of that change was for players with one character to have better odds against those who use multiple and i just proved that it's wrong and desired effect won't work, instead now It'll help players who bring literally nothing to game play, risk nothing and now even have the least penalty ever. Great, trolling is promoted again.

i WOULD run in metal armor and avenger if i knew there's not gonna be losers that fast-relog massively just to get good stuff off ONE player.

and no, i don't go around in leather jacket and throwing knives. and no, i don't only go to reno.

Sure you would, sure.

The problem is that 60s replication timer was one of few things that weren't changed during last 3 years and it was perfectly fine. Then why to change it at all? Not surprising that jovanka came up with this dumb idea, don't you remember her defending AC-troll feature?  :)

Exactly, you don't fix something that is already working fine.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:01:37 pm by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2012, 02:01:53 pm »

Sure you would, sure.

again, don't believe me, don't give a flying fuck. i don't need to prove anything to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.