"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 07:19:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Changelog 24/11/2012  (Read 42971 times)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Changelog 24/11/2012
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2012, 02:02:41 pm »

Sure, let's make leveling a character only few minutes, farming equipment also few minutes, less waiting and more playing, more fun right? How about we just make resources available in all bases, HQ ore, minerals etc. etc. so we don't have to waste more time than we have to, right? Make advanced workbench right there in the caves. Might as well own personal Game Master to spawn stuff directly on demand, because hey he can do it faster! Less waiting, more fun, right? You'll do in some minutes, not hours, so what is the big problem?

So your argument is "respawn timer got reduced, now players level up their characters too fast"?
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2012, 02:04:53 pm »

No that just reflects your attitude and dull thought process. It can't be an argument, "what is the big deal?"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:08:11 pm by T-888 »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2012, 02:07:35 pm »

No, that just reflects what you wrote above. How is gathering crafting material related to player respawning? Why is reducing the respawn timer = reduce gathering timer as well? Why is reducing the respawn timer related to GMs spawning items? Just because someone wrote that the respawn timer change was done to reduce the amount of waiting for players who got killed? That's why you draw these connections?

Mind you, I am not protecting any side here, I am just waiting for and wanting a logical explanation, which yet has to come.

Besides, I didn't insulted you, but you are insulting me. That surely gives you credit.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:12:17 pm by Lexx »

jacky.

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2012, 02:08:34 pm »

T-troll u are crying about exploits in tc and ur team is using every one of Them in insain number. And now u are saying some trolls will Be faster in tc town, or u will Have less Time to loot from downtown after u fr enemy team to death
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2012, 02:14:50 pm »

No, that just reflects what you wrote above. How is gathering crafting material related to player respawning? Why is reducing the respawn timer = reduce gathering timer as well? Why is reducing the respawn timer related to GMs spawning items? Just because someone wrote that the respawn timer change was done to reduce the amount of waiting for players who got killed? That's why you draw these connections?

Think general, now you are just splitting hairs. The connection is very simple, you don't change something upon such simple and seemingly harmless assumptions, because it seems it has been done just like that. It is just blunt and will lead to bad decision making, just like current re-spawn timer reduction made with careless attitude. That leads to why you are argumenting it with "what is the big deal?" Even though you may not be responsible for this change, you have nothing solid to say about it, because the change was done in the first place with a wrong thought, wrong solution, it doesn't work for what it was meant to.

If you still don't understand those simple and general comparisons of just cutting time needed for some seemingly tedious tasks for "the greater good" for players to have fun because it takes less time, it doesn't always mean they will have more fun if something takes less time(not everyone, though someone might have fun because of that, but it doesn't apply to everyone), if it isn't thought through well. It wouldn't be fun if players could obtain some sort of equipment real fast and it would just loose worth, the same principle applies for players, if they come back real fast and in this case i will take gear-less trolls as an example, it's pointless to deal with them knowing they are going to be back as fast as ever to annoy you, that is not fun for part of the community.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:26:59 pm by T-888 »

pti4ka

• SoT
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2012, 02:17:22 pm »

T, No way to talk with them  ::) Half don't want to listen something and second half blinded of humiliations in TC.

All what they can it's just run by bluesuits to battlegrounds and steal stuff when people fighting. Nevermind...

jacky.

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2012, 02:19:24 pm »

T-888 are u pressing "refresh" every 2s ? I like this feature and it wont be troll feature because when u wiped out enemy u will be able to protect the loot anyway. Or snap...maby u will Have to shoot and loot on 2-3windows now more often Then normal?
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2012, 02:25:15 pm »

Sure, let's make leveling a character only few minutes, farming equipment also few minutes, less waiting and more playing, more fun right? How about we just make resources available in all bases, HQ ore, minerals etc. etc. so we don't have to waste more time than we have to, right? Make advanced workbench right there in the caves.
I would love to play a game like this, though I'm aware that this is very extreme oppinion and probably the rest of you will not agree with me  ;D
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2012, 02:31:23 pm »

T-888 are u pressing "refresh" every 2s ? I like this feature and it wont be troll feature because when u wiped out enemy u will be able to protect the loot anyway. Or snap...maby u will Have to shoot and loot on 2-3windows now more often Then normal?

You don't make any sense, i just simply don't understand what you wrote(what is the main idea?) and i will carry on like you haven't wrote anything.

I would love to play a game like this, though I'm aware that this is very extreme oppinion and probably the rest of you will not agree with me  ;D

Maybe it is because for a reason? Moderation? You know, everything in reasonable scales. Character shouldn't re-spawn immediately, not too fast, nor too slow or especially not never ( at least it shouldn't because of how currently the game works ). 1 minute was very good in my opinion and it seems i am not the only one.
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

Was it really? If you want to relog, you relog anyway. It changes nothing for you.
Wasn't it? 60s timer was perfectly fine. You're basing on a false assumption that every player has an infinite number of copies (same builds, levels and equipment) of the character he is playing at any time, so when he dies, he can always just relog and it won't disturb him at all.

Anyway I thought you are planning to get rid of FR sooner or later somehow (maybe that 3min timer again?), but it seems that you are just going deeper..

I still see no answer for my question, why not to remove replication timer at all and remove respawn locations?
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2012, 02:38:22 pm »

I still see no answer for my question, why not to remove replication timer at all and remove respawn locations?
Maybe it is because for a reason? Moderation? You know, everything in reasonable scales. Character shouldn't re-spawn immediately, not too fast, nor too slow or especially not never ( at least it shouldn't because of how currently the game works ). 1 minute was very good in my opinion and it seems i am not the only one.

Actually i kinda answered your question(thought not precisely enough, could talk more deep about that), but it only proves our point that the timer didn't need changes at first.

JovankaB

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2012, 02:39:45 pm »

"Trolls" relog too when they die.
They don't need any infinite number of builds or equipment, 2 is enough.
When one dies, most of the time the other one is already waiting in the respawn, with 20s or 60s.
Your points are invalid.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:44:08 pm by JovankaB »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2012, 02:40:58 pm »

ok, here comes a question. why are you SO PISSED replication timer is 40 sec shorter since you use massive waves of fast-relog anyway, thus you shouldn't care?

please, make your answer short i don't wanna read your walls of text, they burn my retinas.

OG

• One of SoT AIs
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2012, 02:45:46 pm »

I have not read the whole topic but before i do that i will just leave this links that the mother google gave me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(online_gaming)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating

Because some dumbfuckerus dont really understand their meaning...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:52:02 pm by OG »
GG as in Get Good
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2012, 02:47:50 pm »

"Trolls" relog too when they die.
They don't need any infinite number of builds or equipment, 2 is enough.
When one dies, most of the time the other one is already waiting in the respawn, with 20s and 60s.
Your points are invalid.

What? I think you are invalid. Though i couldn't make a less incorrect argument than yours.

I already explained this all, that it won't help players with alt disadvantage. I wrote so much about it, but it seems you didn't catch the essence of the point that no matter how long the timer is, it will not affect players with multiple alts, therefore they retain the same advantage and this change you made is completely irrational and illogical.

So if you do "Solo" (imagine player with one character), whatever that means ( running around in Reno with leather jackets and throwing knifes?), how is this going to help you? You'll be able to re-gear your character just a bit faster once you died, but will it actually help you to defeat anyone who is using multiple alts?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:49:38 pm by T-888 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.