"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 04:19:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Changelog 24/11/2012  (Read 42257 times)

Fat Man

Re: Changelog 24/11/2012
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 10:06:33 pm »

Other than that, i don't even remember if aliens/centaurs/etc. have dedicated animation for that, try to fry some humans.

They did just look at my avatar of the floater, screen shot was taken 3 -4 days before the update.  When you kill these with a flamer they would get "toasted" or turn to a crisp now its just normal animation. Like this since the begining of session...

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 10:07:12 pm »

ah yes HQ stuff. will get fixed, just be patient
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 10:10:58 pm »

Just wanted to say I do not think this is re-enabled just killed a bunch of centaurs and none of them got the flame dance death, its now normal death animation.

Other than that, i don't even remember if aliens/centaurs/etc. have dedicated animation for that, try to fry some humans.

humans are dancing properly

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 10:40:20 pm »

Can someone confirm that the NPC follower comand "Stay here" is buggy after todays update? If I tell them to do that, they will still follow me to world map.
"But no matter how far a jackass may travel, it will never return as a horse."

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 10:40:57 pm »

Now let us have the ability to stamp custom dog tags.
Yes please.
Maybe just add the ability to write our own names on existing dog tags.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 10:41:55 pm »

Can someone confirm that the NPC follower comand "Stay here" is buggy after todays update? If I tell them to do that, they will still follow me to world map.
Yeap its bugged I recommend not to use your alts that have mercs/companions because you will loose them just like I did
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 10:43:18 pm »

Okay, thanks.
"But no matter how far a jackass may travel, it will never return as a horse."

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 11:35:13 pm »

BEST UPDATE EVER!
TY
  TY
   TY
I love Jovanka!
(and gmayck....but not in a gay way!)

I'm not gay!
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

jacky.

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 12:51:48 am »

And forgotten ba nad ea?

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 01:05:54 am »

CHANGES (WIP):
- Replication timeout for player characters reduced to 20 seconds.

BEST. CHANGE. EVER.

'nuff said.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 01:23:06 am »

Followers and motion sensor bugs introduced with the update should be fixed now on public server.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2012, 01:24:00 am »

What do dog tags do btw?

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2012, 03:37:19 am »

Fantastic update guys, its really awesome to see so many great updates and fixes in such a short time. I'm a really big fan of role playing elements that have been added of late, especially the motion sensors, very cool stuff.
I too would enjoy crafting personalized dogtags, purely for the shits and giggles.
Can't wait for the "completed" crafting system, thanks Johnny Nuclear for confirming it will actually be completed in the future, that's all I needed to hear, it was seeming like no one was going to comment on that end.

Keep up the wonderful work guys!
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2012, 09:58:16 am »

Nice update there!
I especially like these ones:
- Replication timeout for player characters reduced to 20 seconds.
- Re-enabled "Flaming Dancer" animation.
- Dogtags can be worn as headgear.
- It's not possible to walk over (and fall into) sewer holes.
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2012, 12:20:11 pm »

Me.

It won't change anything for any "troll" with more than one character.
Except no need to relog - but then you have to wait 20 seconds.

Fast reloggers crying that people playing with one character will return too fast, good joke.

(oh yeah, "trolls" gonna have a good time)

No need to re-log, what the ...

This doesn't improve the situation. It'd be nice if it did, but it doesn't, such candy land doesn't exist for me. Quite the opposite, it'll do more bad than good. The replication timer never was considered long by anyone nor an issue at the same time, if you really believe that this will help, then it's preposterous and i know why exactly this will  just not work at all in practice.

Here is the thing. Players witch bring more than one character to fight with (those witch bring 1 character still have utterly no chance even if the timer was 0, in practice they die very fast and leave very low amount of loot so it is very fast to loot them and get out of the city before they can retaliate), rarely experiences timer at all unless he lost all his characters at the same minute, but when he loses all his characters, no matter how much as long as it is more than one, logically the player will switch to a character witch has been dead already, at least he should because that is how it works in practice. Therefore any player that does that won't experience the replication CD at all, meaning the desired effect witch should take place after replication time decrease, is just non-existent for players with alt disadvantage( everyone uses alts in combat now, at least in TC, the problem is that one team just has more and this change won't do shit for them). Once dead, it's a matter of travel distance, organization to get back, some are better at that, some are worse, those players witch don't have base near each city, dedicated re-spawn bases etc. etc. are the players with the disadvantage.

The alt amount and replication timer are two completely different things that just don't go together, no matter how you look at it. It's not the replication timer witch is the obstacle for players, but the location of bases and the ability to re-gear the character. There are factions that already does that in lighting speed, so fast that you can't even loot the equipment accumulated on the ground in some TC city during a fight.

On top of this useless solution we get this.

Trolls, rejects and other loners who are bored shit-less, rejoice! Now you are going to be able to come back from the dead in matter of seconds and keep on annoying the rest of the community, ninja-loot in TC more often, suicide burst much more frequently and all kind of stupid shit anyone can think of to do, faster.

The 1 minute CD was already like nothing, now it's cut down by 2/3. Brilliant Jovanka, just brilliant.

The update is good, but this is real bad.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 12:34:42 pm by T-888 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 23 queries.