Poll

Nerf AC

Yes
- 54 (55.1%)
No
- 44 (44.9%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: For the thousand time...  (Read 17178 times)

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
Re: For the thousand time...
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2012, 11:15:33 pm »

Stop this whine, make 300% EW and problem solved. If You play in team 1 will be enough.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2012, 11:19:18 pm »

And what? Make another window of fonline to multitask this 300% EW character who otherwise is unpractical? I sure don't want to play to counter some bluesuits, who does?

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2012, 11:31:11 pm »

hmmm baldurs_gate-like ninja potion for AC boost... sounds very falloutish indeed :>

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2012, 11:46:26 pm »

Well for me, as a not pvp player(hush, dont insult me that im not playing that not balanced shit, sorry) I know for ANY player that heavy handed are "butthurt" and this is why : combined with ac, one can get to you, and endless kd you to death, and you lose precious gear, while when he dies, he loses only 1 minute of time, then gets back to the city, and so on.
I do not mean to just NERF all features we got in game, but balance it, ex: add it to the melee weapons also, and decrease the kd chance, so one got enough kd chance with sledge/power fist, super sledge/ mega fist.
First problem solved.
AC problem: It might sound shitty, but the true is, target is running almost always in fancy blue suit, just nerf that by adding disadvantages running in bs ( -100% sneak -50-100AC, you choice, because its colours are bright), and mess something with BGs and their miniguns, or add hex shooting for bazooka.
OR (another shitty idea) you can make when AC troll got hit but missed more than three times, he loses his bonus for 1 - 10 seconds, or loses all aps.
Those are just ideas, or my opinions, Im not against anything, but balance.
h

DocAN.

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2012, 01:27:16 am »

And what? Make another window of fonline to multitask this 300% EW character who otherwise is unpractical? I sure don't want to play to counter some bluesuits, who does?

Your lost, its like 50+ frags/day.
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2012, 02:08:13 am »

I don't have fun in this game by grinding frags especially gearless players, not like you it seems.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2012, 02:12:04 am »

I don't have fun in this game by grinding frags especially gearless players, not like you it seems.
That.
h

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2012, 04:04:23 am »

Stop this whine, make 300% EW and problem solved. If You play in team 1 will be enough.

^this

Also I don't have fun wasting time leveling a 300% weapon skill build just to kill blue suits, I should be able to kill blue suits without making a specialized build for it. How stupid is this getting make an alt just to kill blue suits... The end is near its a sign of end times that we have to make an alt just to kill the shouting trolling blue suit. My characters that are designed to kill full geared characters should be able to the kill gearless bluesuit end of story. The wasteland is harsh the gearless nub needs to get sprayed without making a specialized build for it.
I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2012, 04:24:57 am »

Maybe don't remove jinxed from working with armor class, instead decrease the frequency of the bad side effects in conjunction with lowered armor class.
Seems like the most reasonable approach.

I hope this will be chosen over some mad ideas of magic potions that boosts armor class, i rather await the next update knowing the changes made will be worth it, interesting ideas tend to go wrong and spoil fun if their not thought throughout, just like no armor class cap witch was one hell of a mistake.

the above mentioned idea could also have been something Solar was just toying around with. We all have such ideas, but never do anything serious with it.

I hope this is the case.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2012, 04:35:48 am »

yaay, people are saying AC bad, people say AC good, GM/Moderator gonna lock this thread.

Also I don't have fun wasting time leveling a 300% weapon skill build just to kill blue suits
pfft...who says only bluesuits, if you are sniper, you can probably do Max range to eyes 95% and same with BG's,

never miss shot except the jinx trait that might make you miss critical
Back In-Game :D
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2012, 04:39:35 am »

So what about just making bluesuit have no AC and making 220 AC possible with only like 100/100 brotherhood armor or something?
Because even 150 AC is kinda pointless. It's like sneak, it's either at 300 or it sucks.
Then maybe we'd have unarmed guys with powerfists and armor. And you'd need 300 EW alt to kill them but it would be worth it because it wouldn't just be some troll but a real build.

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2012, 05:06:20 am »

hmmm baldurs_gate-like ninja potion for AC boost... sounds very falloutish indeed :>
I hope this will be chosen over some mad ideas of magic potions...

We shall name this potion, the drunken high mage's magic exiler of the trolls. Requires 300% alchemy and the ingridients are dragon bush, the great weed of smoking, elven pubic hair, and a jar of troll's blood.

But in all seriousness I doubt they would make it a "magic potion", I would hope it would be something "falloutish" and actually had a back story that was reasonable and tied in to a fallout game. Also I hope its expensive or its not something easy to obtian like trading 2 healing powders for. But I am very skeptical of a made up drug that wasn't in the original fallout games.

yaay, people are saying AC bad, people say AC good, GM/Moderator gonna lock this thread.
pfft...who says only bluesuits, if you are sniper, you can probably do Max range to eyes 95% and same with BG's,

never miss shot except the jinx trait that might make you miss critical

Before the AC cap removed I had a laser sniper and SG sniper with 250% skill and I would miss with eye shots when the cap was at 120. I also had an early wipe sneaker with 120 ac and it would troll aim shooters but I would still get bursted by the big gunners.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:16:59 am by Ville »
I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.

jacky.

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2012, 09:37:35 am »

Or cut the crap with HH and AC and nerf it. And to this genious who said bg shouldnt be able to shoot from 1-2hexes...you must be really weak pvp player to post idea of removing onehex feature.

DocAN.

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:16 am »

Who said that frags are made on gearless players, if you cant handle few trolls and then, kill their armed folks with a laser rifle its your problem.
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2012, 10:39:00 am »

Even 120 ac is too much. Snipers are highly dependent on good hitchance from maxrange. If high ac bg can just run to a sniper and open fire from burster maxrange (35 hex), sniper will never win. They are having hard times even now.
90 was ok, but bluesuit should have 0 ac always. Game shouldn't encourage not wearing armor at all. Armor penalties to ac could be removed completely to help builds that actually want to use gear.

Could also implement a rule that ac stops working at 5 hex range. This way nobody could run right next to you while you got 5% hitchance. There should always be a way to kill another player if you have a weapon that does enough damage.
I must say thats a potentially big problem. Snipers are rather static element of army, they stand still and shoot everyone on max range (50 hex), thats their role, so they dont run around like BGrs, which role is to get to the enemy by running (and using AC). If we give a powerfull weapon like AC to BGs it may occure that snipers are effective, lets say, only from ~35hex, it will be pointless to make snipers, cause BG critbuild will win always while they exchange fire.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.