"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:37:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New player: Great potential, but frustrating game  (Read 7719 times)

Re: New player: Great potential, but frustrating game
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 01:57:17 pm »

Im new to this but i agree its not very noob friendly. It is extremely difficult and if i was not a hardcore fallout fan i would give up and stop playing this game.
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 02:22:39 pm »

Can we not have a system where you only loose a percentage of your items and not them all or if you are holding or even wearing something you don’t loose it?

or better yet have shops that you can buy cow skin from…..
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 02:35:49 pm »

And besides, the hardcorness of FOnline is that, what imo attracts most players to this game

No, I submit to you, gentlemen, that this game is EASYMODE.

A hardcore Fallout MMORPG would have everyone in leather jackets, sawnoffs, magnums and molotovs. Any bullet, even the humble 9mm, would have a chance to kill you in one shot. A point blank shotgun blast to the face? That fancy green helmet ain't gonna save you, buddy. Nobody's HP would be in triple figures - you get assigned HP on character creation, and that's it.

Killing 500 floaters wouldn't mean you're somehow more durable - a skilled veteran, sure - but more durable? Hell no! This is ain't your fancy-pants 2238 with your ever increasing pile of HP. This is a manly game for manly men. If you don't like that, maybe you should go to Reno and pick up a pretty dress to wear to your Ladies' Gaining More Hitpoints Party. You're born into this world, and no amount of shooting rats is going to make you able to take more bullets, hippy.

What's that? You want to be able to take more hits because you spent more of your miserable life grinding centaurs? Tough luck, sonny. This isn't that World Of Warcraft game you people seem to know so much about. That level 1 fistfighter is going to hold your level 21 energy weapons sniper down and do terrible things to him. Enjoy.
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 03:30:20 pm »

My answer: ammount of weapons is the same, it's just with current gameplay all lost weapons usually go to dominating faction guild stashes to be never used again.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 07:30:55 pm »

Im a new player, i know very well fl world and game im a fan, so that helped me, but i dont find starting so hard, i make mi first step get killed built my tent after i found a good bramihn spot and now im a 13 lvl, no so frustrating or else, now some friend joined me i helped in the first step and even if they dont know the mechanic like me they managed to lvl up and make gear, so i dont think tha 2238 is so hard and frustrating....

sorry for my bad english :)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 08:01:15 pm »

i played f1 and f2 a lot, and starting the game for me was easy and really interesting :> I miss those times when i gathered mm pistols and spiked knuckles for exp, i want wipe :D
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 09:57:35 pm »

No, I submit to you, gentlemen, that this game is EASYMODE.

A hardcore Fallout MMORPG would have everyone in leather jackets, sawnoffs, magnums and molotovs. Any bullet, even the humble 9mm, would have a chance to kill you in one shot. A point blank shotgun blast to the face? That fancy green helmet ain't gonna save you, buddy. Nobody's HP would be in triple figures - you get assigned HP on character creation, and that's it.

Killing 500 floaters wouldn't mean you're somehow more durable - a skilled veteran, sure - but more durable? Hell no! This is ain't your fancy-pants 2238 with your ever increasing pile of HP. This is a manly game for manly men. If you don't like that, maybe you should go to Reno and pick up a pretty dress to wear to your Ladies' Gaining More Hitpoints Party. You're born into this world, and no amount of shooting rats is going to make you able to take more bullets, hippy.

What's that? You want to be able to take more hits because you spent more of your miserable life grinding centaurs? Tough luck, sonny. This isn't that World Of Warcraft game you people seem to know so much about. That level 1 fistfighter is going to hold your level 21 energy weapons sniper down and do terrible things to him. Enjoy.

Your a fucking retard... this is a game and games are ment to be enjoyable... if you want the real experience of the real world join the army... no offence but geee no one would pay the game dumbass...

If this game wants to grow it needs to be accessible or am i missing something here?
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 10:15:54 pm »

I hope an evil developer won't ban me.
Your a fucking retard... this is a game and games are ment to be enjoyable... if you want the real experience of the real world join the army... no offence but geee no one would pay the game dumbass...

If this game wants to grow it needs to be accessible or am i missing something here?
If you want, you can try to play The Sims 3!!!11
Here link for free full ENG download (~5.5Gb): http://www.warezrocker.net/forum/games/54023-sims-3-collectors-edition-razor1911.html
I've played this game for 2 days (I mean full 2 days...) discovered almost everything this game can have, and I noticed that this is very very very boring. Why? Because everything is too good. Everyone happy, etc. What reason to play then? No challenge.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 11:31:34 pm »

*makes fiendish smile and now he'll be happy for some hours*
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 11:51:26 pm »

fuck this game.... its a big pile of fucking shit

i know this mod will die

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:40 pm »

fuck this game.... its a big pile of fucking shit

i know this mod will die

i think you should just quit both forum and game, noone will miss you.
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 12:06:34 am »

this game is bull shit....

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 12:09:48 am »

just another noob defeated by harsh wasteland :D
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 12:37:28 am »

You may not realize this,but some people actually LIKE the game to be extremely hard (im one of them).So if you want to complain about it,go ahead.

...Damn casuals...
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 12:39:01 am »

You may not realize this,but some people actually LIKE the game to be extremely hard (im one of them).So if you want to complain about it,go ahead.

...Damn casuals...

GODDAMN CASUALS, amirite?

As i said before, the hardness factor only adds to the fun you're having. There's nothing better than the mixture of inner rage and sadistic enjoyment you get when you die with a lot of expensive equipment on you.
It's cathartic, really...
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, NUGGET?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.