"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 03:17:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Items deteriorating over time.  (Read 14484 times)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Items deteriorating over time.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 11:20:47 pm »

Cool. The CA you have crafted few days ago is already at 20%, so you lost 10% DR and 4DT...
And this minigun you just took in your base to come back to a fight. I shot one time and... fuck! Broken! Why? Because it was last in your armory and like you craft/loot them often...
No. Really i dont think it's a good solution. I prefer see base disappear.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 11:34:44 pm »

This is one of the most dumbass idea i have ever read.

Most entertaining thing on fonline is PvP. And i hope that this will continue. Maybe you dont realize it, but most of fonline players stay here because of PvP. If you want to join PvP, you need good equipment. The price in caps is cca 50k for one sniper, cca 100k caps for biggunner. All this stuff you can loose in 10 seconds of fight. So you need more stuff if you want to join all day at least one PvP. In one day, there are cca 4-5 big fights so if you want to join them, you need to store your crafted, traded, looted items.

I cant imagine, how we will repair all of ours 50 combat armors stored in our base. I dont count another guns..

please, focus your "ideas" on something else, maybe you can find purpose for all of the toilets in the cites. Good luck with this.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:41:35 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 07:16:16 am »

Loners usually using thier current weapon/armor. Yes, they have additional weapon and armor at crate in thier tent, but not like 100-200 pieces.

It is actually not true. I play lonely char and i got massive storage in my tent, simply by lockpicking abandoned car(avan)s across wasteland. In whole life of this char, i gathered resources only 2 or 3 times, everything else was crafted from founded materials or already crafted by some kind person, and put it in caravan later. I don't want to even mention about thieves, which can collect stuff in no time (like this one ;)).

Items in the game world are in excess quantities, and as such cause the server to behave funny. I believe a lot of items are left lying on the ground in bases of abandoned factions whose teams got bored with the game.

Items deleting (or changing its attributes) is good for food type items, for example. Fruits should poison you if you leave it for long time (especially on ground :P). But your suggestion hits mostly loners and crafters, and lowers "fun" of playing when/if we end beta stage, and world wipe should not happen so often as now. Not everyone have time to play every day; when i "waste" X hours for crafting hi-tech stuff for smashing Enclave, i want it to be in same condition when i log in after two weeks cos of any reason.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 02:59:49 pm »

Most entertaining thing on fonline is PvP. And i hope that this will continue. Maybe you dont realize it, but most of fonline players stay here because of PvP. If you want to join PvP, you need good equipment. The price in caps is cca 50k for one sniper, cca 100k caps for biggunner. All this stuff you can loose in 10 seconds of fight. So you need more stuff if you want to join all day at least one PvP. In one day, there are cca 4-5 big fights so if you want to join them, you need to store your crafted, traded, looted items.

I cant imagine, how we will repair all of ours 50 combat armors stored in our base. I dont count another guns..
To join PvP you need a spear. Price of CA is 2 hours and 18 minutes. Price of Sniper Rifle is 58 minutes. Avenger Minigun is 2 hours.
You say there are 4-5 battles a day. Let's say you die once every battle. That means for a 5-person gang you need 20-25 CA and Miniguns a day.

But fine. I see you people will object to losing items even if it would take a whole year to make items go poof.
Deleting unused bases is even simpler for developers, I'm sure.

It is actually not true. I play lonely char and i got massive storage in my tent, simply by lockpicking abandoned car(avan)s across wasteland. In whole life of this char, i gathered resources only 2 or 3 times, everything else was crafted from founded materials or already crafted by some kind person, and put it in caravan later. I don't want to even mention about thieves, which can collect stuff in no time (like this one ;)).
This is actually not true. I play a loner character and I have just a handful of items in my tent. By simply crafting weapons when needed I avoided the trouble of having tons of crap lying everywhere. In the whole life of my character I have gathered all my resources myself. Thieves are not as useful now with Reputation implemented in game.

Items deleting (or changing its attributes) is good for food type items, for example. Fruits should poison you if you leave it for long time (especially on ground :P). But your suggestion hits mostly loners and crafters, and lowers "fun" of playing when/if we end beta stage, and world wipe should not happen so often as now. Not everyone have time to play every day; when i "waste" X hours for crafting hi-tech stuff for smashing Enclave, i want it to be in same condition when i log in after two weeks cos of any reason.
My suggestion hits only people who hoarde items. If it was 1% per 24 hours, then a loner or crafter would need to take a break from playing for 2 weeks in order for his 0% stuff to be 14% deteriorated. Your logic is flawed anyway, because tents disappear after X time (was 7 days, now it's longer I heard). So a person who has spent 5 hours looking for 10 brahmin to kill and get a tent (because he is a new player and doesn't know where to look), spent another 10 hours crafting plenty of guns for later, then takes a break from the game because of something, and his tent is gone!
With my initial 6-hours-per-1% suggestion they would be back to find everything in place, but at 40% deterioration. With 1%-per-day, they would find them at 10%.

===

This suggestion was to help the server by making people want to use items more often.
If unused items broke, why keep them stored away? (Special found rare items could be excluded)
This would affect the mentality of people not to be afraid of using valuable items, and make less crap stashed inside bases.

I'm also doing my best to keep this civil, so GTFO with small additional personal comments like, "your ideas are stupid," and, "go away to join the other retards somewhere else."
<Izual> Let's crash server

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 07:34:55 pm »

So fast (7 days) tents deleting was temporary solution to problems with memory, and we all know that. And it's not suprise to anyone, that it will be changed in near future.

It doesn't matter if you have 50x CA in base for faction use or 2x .223 in tent for own use - it will make game even longer than it is now. Or you *must* use item before it goes to det. level, when it is not usuable, or you must sell your stuff when it's in good condition (so you can buy new stuff when you stopped playing for some time). More cash in banks -> 0% interest rate will come faster than now.

This is actually not true. I play a loner character and I have just a handful of items in my tent. By simply crafting weapons when needed I avoided the trouble of having tons of crap lying everywhere.
Well, everyone play how (s)he like. You preffer to craft weapon for own use, and it's ok. I rarely have time for this, so my char stea--- borrow car full of stuff :)

Anyway, splitting it into two parts have more sense IMHO. First part - check when was last visit of any gang member on faction map. If it's more than X months (6?), your "items destroying" cycle begin (for tents, change time to 1 month and replace visiting map with loging on char). After some time, when all items are gone, location is removed and faction name goes back to available faction names list.

You can add lot of things that will happen meanwhile, like revealing location (with map changed to "ruined base" with random agressive npcs) to everyone 7 days before map deleting, or ability to make it a "backup" base for already existing faction etc. Just a fast ideas.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 07:37:43 pm by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 07:56:46 pm »

wtf? i dont see the point in your suggestion. Many people in this game find it a lot of fun to craft/collect weapons and armors and leave them in perfect condition and for pvp they will be gone in a matter of seconds. Obviously you dont do enough pvps so u cant understand the feeling of somebody that spends a lot of time crafting/ collecting items and have them lost fast.Then items deteriorating over time too? Too much. Also, alone players who dont play the game a lot will suffer most. They will try really hard to get the materials to craft a rocket launcher (crazy cd as well) to hunt some centaurs then log off for 2 weeks. Next time they log in --> weapon broken --> tries to go to NCR to /s REPAIR MY ROCKET PLZZZ --> blubber steals his gun -->player leave game --> no growing community.
So seriously, you think items deteriorating over time is really a good idea?
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 08:45:34 pm »

I was under the impression that the server will continue to be crashing randomly after a month since the wipe due to tons of items. If that's not the case, then I'll move on to my plan B) which is griefing the whole FOnline PvP community by finding 50+ players who will randomly kill people with spears.

wtf? i dont see the point in your suggestion. Many people in this game find it a lot of fun to craft/collect weapons and armors and leave them in perfect condition and for pvp they will be gone in a matter of seconds. Obviously you dont do enough pvps so u cant understand the feeling of somebody that spends a lot of time crafting/ collecting items and have them lost fast.
If the item is gone in seconds, why are you worried about it deteriorating 1% a day?
I get player killed randomly for no justifiable reason every now and then, and I'd say it is even more painful to lose your crafted equipment in a fight which you did not even want (as opposed to planned gangfights where everyone is more or less on level ground).

Then items deteriorating over time too? Too much. Also, alone players who dont play the game a lot will suffer most. They will try really hard to get the materials to craft a rocket launcher (crazy cd as well) to hunt some centaurs then log off for 2 weeks.
A player who logs out for 2 weeks most probably forgot what he even had in game, except for special stuff.

Next time they log in --> weapon broken --> tries to go to NCR to /s REPAIR MY ROCKET PLZZZ --> blubber steals his gun -->player leave game --> no growing community.
As opposed to current situation:
Player creates new account --> gets eyeshot in modoc before he knows wtf happened --> finally arrives at NCR where he is told it is safe --> manages to make tent after two days --> gets some items --> blubber follows him to tent --> player leaves game --> no growing community.

So, seriously, do you think letting people kill everyone everywhere is really a good idea?
All who stay, say yes. Hundreds who gave up, say no, they prefer WoW. It's a matter of preference and I'm happy the devs have some vision of their own.

So seriously, you think items deteriorating over time is really a good idea?
Not a really good idea, but seemed to push a few things in the right direction all at once.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 08:50:10 pm »

To join PvP you need a spear. Price of CA is 2 hours and 18 minutes. Price of Sniper Rifle is 58 minutes. Avenger Minigun is 2 hours.
You say there are 4-5 battles a day. Let's say you die once every battle. That means for a 5-person gang you need 20-25 CA and Miniguns a day.

OMG, what are you talking about. How can i challenge enemy in CA brotherhood armor with avenger, 700 ap ammo, rocket launcher with 5 ap rockets? Did you at least for one time joined the gang wars on this server? You need to have same equipment, because most of guns (cheaper than i wrote up) ar unbalanced and not usable in PvP.

CA BA is more than 2 hours, you must create basic one, CA model, then wait for countdown, then upgrade it (5 and half our = only upgrade). And before, you need time to collect resources, so many hours depends on ways of your collecting.

We dont die in every battle. That is the point. So we loot some stuff too. So we are repairing our broken or looted enemy stuff in battles, and we repair a lot... So i dont se the point of your suggestion. Yes, in real word stuff det... But this is online game. There must be balance between fun and realism. I think this game is not easy to play, but it is funny. Your idea is shit, it looks you dont have any combat experience, you have empty tent, because you dont socialize and you dont spent time by collecting res. and crafting, like our members.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 09:23:58 pm »

i was just making an example, but seriosly, itll harm a bit to factions, and harm very hardcorely to loners... i know how hard it is to be a loner, takes lots of time and pain to create one damn good weapon. some get by easier, but i know that not everybody do.
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 09:26:30 pm »

how can a player forget what he has when in inventory there is ONLY 1 rocket launcher? Also i don't want to fucking log in to my alt to repair every time i want to PVP because armors deterioated. Even at 1% armors lose their DT and DR
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 09:29:58 pm »

i was just making an example, but seriosly, itll harm a bit to factions, and harm very hardcorely to loners... i know how hard it is to be a loner, takes lots of time and pain to create one damn good weapon. some get by easier, but i know that not everybody do.
Not so hard... I only once looted PK's body, because there was his noobs friends, usually I never loot bodies, and it was not a problem to give away sniper rifles and metal armors to begginers (really, one of these begginers got more HP than me ^_^...) at Hub, also every my alt (and deleted alt, then recreated with same name) had a tent, etc. And I don't find it hard to get items at this game. But I don't have stock of 50 CAs and 100 sniper rifles. So it'll hurt gangs, not loners...
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 10:44:19 pm »

I think it hurts everyone who want to use items in this game. What should be outcome of this suggestion? Reduce numbers of items owned by gangs or generally stored at tents/bases? Man I wonder how you could still discuss this. It truly is nonsense in both real and ingame world too.

I agree on that there is a need for some item reduction but that is just too soon to be done in this stage of development (it requires major item balancing and maybe even some radical changes in whole system as I posted before). But imho this idea would not solve anything, it would only make playing less fun.
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 07:18:49 pm »

OMG, what are you talking about. How can i challenge enemy in CA brotherhood armor with avenger, 700 ap ammo, rocket launcher with 5 ap rockets? Did you at least for one time joined the gang wars on this server? You need to have same equipment, because most of guns (cheaper than i wrote up) ar unbalanced and not usable in PvP.
Every gun is usable in PvP. The problem is that players always want to deal max damage, so they use 1-2 top-tier weapons and ignore rest. Especially in RT where everything is decided by who eyeshots first.

CA BA is more than 2 hours, you must create basic one, CA model, then wait for countdown, then upgrade it (5 and half our = only upgrade). And before, you need time to collect resources, so many hours depends on ways of your collecting.
I said the times for a standard CA, not counting the cooldown and assuming 0 time lost, i.e. botting.

We dont die in every battle. That is the point. So we loot some stuff too. So we are repairing our broken or looted enemy stuff in battles, and we repair a lot... So i dont se the point of your suggestion. Yes, in real word stuff det... But this is online game. There must be balance between fun and realism. I think this game is not easy to play, but it is funny. Your idea is shit, it looks you dont have any combat experience, you have empty tent, because you dont socialize and you dont spent time by collecting res. and crafting, like our members.
Let me get this straight.. You don't want to have your items lose 1% of their quality a day because after every battle you already repair all the items you used and looted? Cool. My idea is totally shit, yeah. It has no logic whatsoever, none, nada. I'm just a retard and you are sooooo great, having fun losing all your items, but magically losing all of the fun factor because they aren't as good on the next day.

I think it hurts everyone who want to use items in this game. What should be outcome of this suggestion? Reduce numbers of items owned by gangs or generally stored at tents/bases? Man I wonder how you could still discuss this. It truly is nonsense in both real and ingame world too.
As I said. It is not a realism suggestion, but a gameplay suggestion. It hurts only people who hoard items, that is huge factions (who cry the loudest on any change) and people who just gather a tent full of items and never use even one.

I agree on that there is a need for some item reduction but that is just too soon to be done in this stage of development (it requires major item balancing and maybe even some radical changes in whole system as I posted before). But imho this idea would not solve anything, it would only make playing less fun.

Does getting killed by strangers for no reason and losing all your items NOT make this game less fun? I'm sure 95% of players will agree that it sucks to lose items. Things which are bad are sometimes necessary to make a game good.

Do you guys cry every time when doing PvP or travelling on worldmap you get hit and lose 1% of armour? Or when you shoot 10 rounds and lose 2% of your gun?
I give up, I see this will get me nowhere, but nothing you said pointed out a flaw in my idea. The only one I see is that it is surely harder to make than a simple timeout to make bases go poof.
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 07:31:09 pm »

please give up, you suggested a suggestion to the public. They hate it...why? because its shit and uneeded. What is wrong with item hoarding? seriously, there are all kinds of people that plays this game. Some play for the purpose of pvp, some play to roleplay, hunting and collecting items/crafting high tier weapons/armor is just another way to enjoy this game. You just eliminated one of that fun factor by adding items deterioration. For a fact, my old gang would quit if this idea was implemented. Its a small gang with roleplayers and treasure hunters. They find it fun to go out hunt rockets, lsw, laser, avenger, gatling and stock them up. Please remember, no matter how hardcore this game is or how "harsh" the wasteland is. This is still a game and people play it for fun IN THEIR SPARE TIME. It makes me sad at reading these kinds of suggestions, it only adds to griefing and adds nothing to gameplay. People need to think up more fun suggestions.
bye
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:49:17 pm by Candy »
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 07:48:27 pm »

I really cant get the point of this suggestion. Whats it about? Making it harder for factions? What for?? It also makes it harder for an average solo player as im sure they all have shitloads of stuff in tents (i mean, who doesnt?). Really, give it up, looks like noone likes it.
I give a fuck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.