Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611722 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2010, 05:24:35 pm »
No way around this, of course not.  But what if someone works on a new character model using the VB models as a base? That is, they have the same basic size, animation bones, and placement of parts.  That would still work right?

Makes no sense. Stuff like ghouls or whimpy peasants are done with skin textures, extra clothes and special animations. In general, every human-like character will be able to wear every armor and weapon, etc. As example, the only differences between a ghoul and generic human are idle, walking and running animations. So everything has to be based on the existing male and female body types.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2010, 06:10:25 pm »
What is wrong with Super cattle prod?
My super cattle prod had a rectangular coil, which has now been altered to a more circular coil. I just havn't sent it in yet. I got other models that need new textures but I'm not that good on making textures so they have been halted "a bit" :P
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2010, 07:42:23 pm »
but what about the guys who want to be fatties?

thin-reg-fat models exist in the van buren tech demo

« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2010, 11:29:27 pm »
Hey everyone.
Tell me, when we all see the 3D Fallout at least?
I am tired of wainting, and yes i dindn't read this topic
i hope for the simple answer

Offline ChikChik

• ... and I'am all out of gum!
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2010, 11:32:36 pm »
Hey everyone.
Tell me, when we all see the 3D Fallout at least?
I am tired of wainting, and yes i dindn't read this topic
i hope for the simple answer
as samira says :"soon"  ;)

« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2010, 11:35:11 pm »
When they(devs) told the last message about 3D?

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2010, 11:43:40 pm »
« Reply #122 on: Today at 04:24:35 pm »
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2010, 12:01:01 am »
I mean, like
"We were working so hard that we didn't saw our family for 3 years but we trying to invent 3D into Fallout, and we release 3D about July 2010"

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2010, 12:49:37 am »
We are 100% relying on community work in this case, which has been said many times now. As long as not all (basic) armors and missing animations are done, there will be no 3d player models in the game. Nobody in the core team is capable of creating 3d models and especially textures in a quality we like to see in the game later.

« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2010, 01:51:36 am »
Oh, sorry i think you didn't understand me
i meant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJV7q5W-JdU
(english subtitles are below)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2010, 11:48:52 am »
Oh, sorry i think you didn't understand me
i meant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJV7q5W-JdU
(english subtitles are below)

Lexx is the developer and he understands you better then all of us :P It's just you that misunderstands Lexx thinking that he misunderstood which he plainly didn't. Lexx is trying to say to you:" As most of the models for 3D Era is made by the PLAYERS and not by the devs, so if the players themselves don't make these models, there will be no 3D because other devs don't know how to make 3D models and Textures." The end.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2010, 08:04:07 pm »
okey thank you
i will wait

« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2010, 09:16:15 pm »
So if i get it right you devs dont got much experience with 3D modelling?I think i could help.I only need to know what needs to be remade in 3D and i can get to work right away.

« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2010, 10:18:06 pm »
So if i get it right you devs dont got much experience with 3D modelling?I think i could help.I only need to know what needs to be remade in 3D and i can get to work right away.

You can remake some of my guns that have "waiting for correction status" - I have totally no time to deal with it now  :-\.

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2010, 10:31:32 pm »

Well, TBH I could try making something, but right now there is no time for such luxuries. The other thing is that my experience with 3dsmax is as thin as one-layered nano-paper. OK, I may be not that bad, but still, it needs some work (read: time) to get good results.

So far I like the Roccos' model most. It could have x2 polys, it wouldn't really affect games' performance, but what I like most about it are clean, nicely placed polygons.

I didn't see any rigged character so far, but this step would probably need a proper tutorial/SDK with sample scenes. I still dream of making something along these lines soon... maybe in a week or two, depending on my cruel job. Raynor, if you are skilled with 3dsmax maybe we could start working on it together soon?