"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 03:25:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: An apology to some of the new players I had introduced.  (Read 4906 times)

An apology to some of the new players I had introduced.
« on: May 16, 2012, 04:16:20 am »

So i discovered Fonline a few days back - Immediately spammed all my contacts whom i knew might be interested.
I don't see any of you guys and girls around anymore.. if you still play and happen to read this forum looking to answers to some things. I'm sorry.

I apologise for introducing you to this sh*t, without scouting the game out properly beforehand, but the intention was honorable.
I mean, come on - the whole fallout series was great!
Only, where I had naturally expected pvp with others to some degree in an 'online game', I had not anticipated this preventing you from talking to npcs and doing normal questing.
The wasteland should be harsh yes, but friendly towns were usually 'safe' unless you screwed up rather badly starting attacks on npcs and so. That's obvious.

Endless lives are great, but needing to find a -good- gun and armor after every spawn all over again.. eish.
Don't play much more than an hour or so (same as them) as i work daily and are no longer a kid or student who can spend 12hours+ on a game per day. so that is tedious.
I really did not know at the time that half the players had like 10 clones of themselves and controlled bases with lots of loot to outfit themselves in a jiffy pking bluesuits for fun.
Lots of my quests are broken due to losing important items or so - or things happening preventing my progress.

Your question? why i don't simply mail them? 1. Well, for one being embarrassed enough already. 2. to let 'you' know about a 'problem' or two (not the cloned multi's) with the game. Playability;longlivity..bla. Smart people will figure it out. Dev's even more.
I guess this is why Bethesda would never sanction this as the official fallout online and rather make a new on later if they felt it worthwhile. The only group who can anyway, seeing as they own the rights after the court case. you can go google "Press Release: Fallout MMO Rights Restored to Bethesda Softworks" if you have no idea about it, that's not what this article is about however.
Re: An apology to some of the new players I had introduced.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 04:26:53 am »

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:29:03 am by Slaver Snipe »
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 04:32:33 am »

webrv =  obvious forum troll account

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 04:50:09 am »

Why the hell would you  apologize for introducing people to an awesome game????????
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 05:09:48 am »

his forum account was created today so i doubt there is any real truth to this

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 05:16:41 am »

So i discovered Fonline a few days back - Immediately spammed all my contacts whom i knew might be interested.
I don't see any of you guys and girls around anymore.. if you still play and happen to read this forum looking to answers to some things. I'm sorry.

I apologise for introducing you to this sh*t, without scouting the game out properly beforehand, but the intention was honorable.
I mean, come on - the whole fallout series was great!
Only, where I had naturally expected pvp with others to some degree in an 'online game', I had not anticipated this preventing you from talking to npcs and doing normal questing.
The wasteland should be harsh yes, but friendly towns were usually 'safe' unless you screwed up rather badly starting attacks on npcs and so. That's obvious.

Endless lives are great, but needing to find a -good- gun and armor after every spawn all over again.. eish.
Don't play much more than an hour or so (same as them) as i work daily and are no longer a kid or student who can spend 12hours+ on a game per day. so that is tedious.
I really did not know at the time that half the players had like 10 clones of themselves and controlled bases with lots of loot to outfit themselves in a jiffy pking bluesuits for fun.
Lots of my quests are broken due to losing important items or so - or things happening preventing my progress.

Your question? why i don't simply mail them? 1. Well, for one being embarrassed enough already. 2. to let 'you' know about a 'problem' or two (not the cloned multi's) with the game. Playability;longlivity..bla. Smart people will figure it out. Dev's even more.
I guess this is why Bethesda would never sanction this as the official fallout online and rather make a new on later if they felt it worthwhile. The only group who can anyway, seeing as they own the rights after the court case. you can go google "Press Release: Fallout MMO Rights Restored to Bethesda Softworks" if you have no idea about it, that's not what this article is about however.

Lol, seriously congratulations for figuring out 2238 is shit!  It only took you an hour or two to figure it out.  Count yourself lucky as it's taken me about a year to confirm that yes indeed, 2238 is shit.  Not for the panty ass reasons you have given, no actually those are the positives!

LOL
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 06:24:10 am »

LEndless lives are great, but needing to find a -good- gun and armor after every spawn all over again.. eish."

yes i agree... guns like 10mm or deagle are extremaly hard to find you're right :(

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 07:37:53 am »

I believe he doesn't know the game mechanics yet... Like making a tent to stash items. It's the first things he should do in game. And maybe study a bit of fonline wiki before playing.
SECTION 8

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:51 am »

Dont be bad noob, better be good noob. Follow threads offering help for every noob or troll or whatever you are.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,23875.0.html

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 08:00:53 am »

Undercover whiner.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 09:38:02 am »

The one introducing me to this game quit after 2 hours, I stayed for more than 2 years. C'mon, don't be a bad guy, be a good guy. (Bonus points for people knowing this quote)

Ah and like said by Blarg, obvious trollacc is obvious

avv

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 03:22:16 pm »

Webrv underlined some points but the whole thread is such an obvious attempt to hide criticism it's not even funny. If you got something to say, just say it directly.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 03:26:50 pm »

Well, he wrote that he discovered FO few days back, so I assume that he p did not create his forum account until today. I wouldn't say he is a troll as what he wrote is rather a whining.
All his arguments are:

1. The game is to harsh, I constantly lose my gear and quest items because of death.
2. The game is to harsh, I don't have much time, because I am going to work (dude, 80% of us got a day job).
3. The game is to harsh, my friends must know it, before they delete their accounts on Hello Kitty Online.

Few words to you, Webrv. You don't mail your friends, because your are affraid that no one of them think of this game like you do. If harshness of this game is a problem for you, then you made a good decission leaving this game - crying babies are not welcome here.

Funny things is that when I started to play 2238 I saw first problems after few months of constant playing, I did see them earlier as I was blinded by the fuckin-good-shitnees of it, that's strange, I must be fucked up or smth.

Currently retired.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 09:01:31 pm »

I find the "endless lives are great" part amusing, what mmos has finite player respawns?

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 10:05:44 am »

I don't get it?
Why did he post this????
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.