"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 02:34:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A New Folk Here  (Read 3178 times)

A New Folk Here
« on: May 11, 2012, 09:03:57 pm »

Hey everybody, just heard about this game via a different forum and thought I'd give it a try. Never played fallout 1 or 2, so this is a bit of a steep learning curve for me.  Just thought I'd introduce myself, and see if anyone could share any good tips.

Or if any clans/guilds were hiring new folks, I think that would be interesting as well..

Anyway, hello to everyone, and I hope to meet the community in game as soon as possible =]
Re: A New Folk Here
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:05:28 pm »

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:18:40 pm »

Hi and welcome :)

I'm curious: where is it exactly you heard about fonline2238?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 09:51:35 pm »

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,16243.0.html
Hello :D

Oh thanks alot, sorry for the unnecessary post. Feel free to remove, can't seem to find a delete button lol.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »

Hi and welcome :)

I'm curious: where is it exactly you heard about fonline2238?

Well I come from a community called Facepunch, and a member named "caviano" or as he goes by on Fonline: Lost Soul, posted a few threads on the forums.  Saw the game there, saw it was a harsh and open world, caught my interest.

I could show you the thread, however I think you need to be a member to view it.

I'm a bit bummed, because it seems Lost Soul stopped playing? Or his guild did or something, but I definitely consider myself a good guy in life, and I don't plan on straying from that path.  Thats the reason I wanted to get in touch with Lost Soul. =\

Senrain

• The strong devour the weak.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:56:04 pm »

Well I come from a community called Facepunch, and a member named "caviano" or as he goes by on Fonline: Lost Soul, posted a few threads on the forums.  Saw the game there, saw it was a harsh and open world, caught my interest.

I could show you the thread, however I think you need to be a member to view it.

I'm a bit bummed, because it seems Lost Soul stopped playing? Or his guild did or something, but I definitely consider myself a good guy in life, and I don't plan on straying from that path.  Thats the reason I wanted to get in touch with Lost Soul. =\

Throw the notion of being a good guy right out the window while you can, you'll be shooting almost everyone due to paranoia in no time.
Currently vacationing at Chernarus! Where the zombies are hungry, and everyone shoots you for beans!

http://dayzmod.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 09:57:39 pm »

Throw the notion of being a good guy right out the window while you can, you'll be shooting almost everyone due to paranoia in no time.

It's my personal belief that regardless of the outcome, if you live according to your own code, you will never lose at heart. I'll see how that works for me, but thankyou for the words, I'll be sure to try and avoid you in the game lol.

Senrain

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 10:02:06 pm »

It's my personal belief that regardless of the outcome, if you live according to your own code, you will never lose at heart. I'll see how that works for me, but thankyou for the words, I'll be sure to try and avoid you in the game lol.

We'll see after you die about 50 times trying to follow that code of yours. Almost anyone is willing to backstab in order to get some loot or bottlecaps.
Currently vacationing at Chernarus! Where the zombies are hungry, and everyone shoots you for beans!

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 10:04:09 pm »

We'll see after you die about 50 times trying to follow that code of yours. Almost anyone is willing to backstab in order to get some loot or bottlecaps.

Almost isn't all.  Jeez is everyones view so warped?

Senrain

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 10:12:46 pm »

I came into the game with a view similar to yours pal. Just got sick of getting shot.

Hope to see you in-game though, doesn't necessarily mean I'll be shooting at you.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 10:38:10 pm »

When you see guy with russian name run ! actually you should always run xD. I'm on Facepunch too, name is Zombie Star. But I don't go there anymore.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 10:46:11 pm »

Welcome to the game, Vic. I'm glad to see new people join and i'm even more glad some are "good guys".

Keep thinking for yourself and don't let anyone tell you you'll go to the dark side. Maybe you will, but if you do it will be your decision, not anyone else's.

I myself play in white knight mode and i remain a good guy in this game and it doesn't matter how many times i get PK'd. How i play in this game, at least in my case, is tied directly to how i attempt to live my life. I personally don't see how the two can be divided. For example, i believe if you play a murderer in this game, then it seems logical to me that you are expressing a real part of yourself. How could it be any other way?

So while RL produces bad men, so it shows here. Of course, bad men don't like this idea so they will start throwing things like "you take it too seriously" and "no Marko, i promise i'm not a murderer in RL" but a person's behavior [anywhere] is somewhat a product of who they really are in their heart.

It is in my heart to never victimize anyone, so that's how i play and no amount of deaths in this game can change that. What kind of person would i be if, when i am killed, i reply [eventually] by saying "okay from now on i will kill you all! Even the innocent!" I would be a...well i'd be an average man if i acted that way. Who wants to be average? Not me!

Next thing i hear is "good luck then trying to have fun - that sounds boring". I have a lot of fun playing this game and i fight with people and kill my enemies. This game is a blast really. Town Control is not a problem and fighting in New Reno is another popular hot spot for action. Hunting down the guys who PK'd me in the mine can be tedious and time consuming but when you find them and bring justice to them, you know you have served them well lol.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:53:22 pm by Marko »
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 10:47:37 pm »

I always enjoy myself regardless of what other people do. And I have never "resorted" to kill everything and everyone I meet. You win some, you lose some. It's all about the process.
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 11:07:41 pm »

Give it a few weeks.  You'll understand by then.  Now, you may not agree... but you'll understand.

Welcome to the game.

Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 11:27:49 pm »

Welcome to the game, Vic. I'm glad to see new people join and i'm even more glad some are "good guys".

Keep thinking for yourself and don't let anyone tell you you'll go to the dark side. Maybe you will, but if you do it will be your decision, not anyone else's.

I myself play in white knight mode and i remain a good guy in this game and it doesn't matter how many times i get PK'd. How i play in this game, at least in my case, is tied directly to how i attempt to live my life. I personally don't see how the two can be divided. For example, i believe if you play a murderer in this game, then it seems logical to me that you are expressing a real part of yourself. How could it be any other way?

So while RL produces bad men, so it shows here. Of course, bad men don't like this idea so they will start throwing things like "you take it too seriously" and "no Marko, i promise i'm not a murderer in RL" but a person's behavior [anywhere] is somewhat a product of who they really are in their heart.

It is in my heart to never victimize anyone, so that's how i play and no amount of deaths in this game can change that. What kind of person would i be if, when i am killed, i reply [eventually] by saying "okay from now on i will kill you all! Even the innocent!" I would be a...well i'd be an average man if i acted that way. Who wants to be average? Not me!

Next thing i hear is "good luck then trying to have fun - that sounds boring". I have a lot of fun playing this game and i fight with people and kill my enemies. This game is a blast really. Town Control is not a problem and fighting in New Reno is another popular hot spot for action. Hunting down the guys who PK'd me in the mine can be tedious and time consuming but when you find them and bring justice to them, you know you have served them well lol.

I was about to uninstall souly on the lack of people who seemed to have anything worth while to say... if there's one person, there must be more. I'll scout for them.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 21 queries.