"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 09:05:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Pigrats, overpowered and worthless?  (Read 2742 times)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Pigrats, overpowered and worthless?
« on: April 30, 2012, 07:17:55 pm »

I've personally noticed, as well as my recruit faction members, that pig rats are definitely overpowered. A swarm of pig rats could easily down any new player in a matter of seconds. That's understandable from death claws, or floaters etc. But pig rats? Come on. I've also noticed in mole rat vs. pig rat encounters, Ironically, pig rats always come out victorious yet they give 50 experience points, where as mole rats give 120. Mole rats are also significantly easier to kill. My suggestion is to maybe do some work on the pig rat experience points, switch their experience with mole rats or possibly just boost it to 100. It seems unfair to make pig rats worth less than mole rats, even though they are stronger. Point proven.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Pigrats, overpowered and worthless?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:22:27 pm »

Overpowered :DD is this somekind of joke?
If you see them overpowered then overpower yourself and take Toughness and Even Tougher and damages stay mostly at 0-3 dmg

(Even mutated pigrats damage is 0-4max, critical is totally different thing)

Mostly I just avoid them and go straight to Mutated Molerats for 300xp (330xp with loner/swift learner or 360xp with both)

btw better to kill mantis, their DR is so bad and every dmg type makes good damage to them + 70xp per kill
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:34:37 pm by runboy93 »

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:36:42 pm »

Overpowered :DD is this somekind of joke?
If you see them overpowered then overpower yourself and take Toughness and Even Tougher and damages stay mostly at 0-3 dmg

(Even mutated pigrats damage is 0-4max, critical is totally different thing)

Mostly I just avoid them and go straight to Mutated Molerats for 300xp (330xp with loner/swift learner or 360xp with both)

btw better to kill mantis, their DR is so bad and every dmg type makes good damage to them + 70xp per kill

Did you not read the entire post? I said for my new faction recruits. Im sure anyone experienced can take them, but thats not the point. The point is that they can rape any bluesuit noob any time. Its ridiculous.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 07:40:28 pm »

All I can do is sit here and laugh hysterically. 'Nerf Pigrats'... LOLZ.
Any nooblet can kill a swarm of pigrats with 1 or 2 moltovs, and they are not "OP" compared to molerats...

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:42:42 pm »

Best way to handle pigrats, if you are really newbie -> take another newbie with you.
You changes to win raises much.

Yeah, I known this post was for newbies who can't handle weak enemies. I read it all
It just makes me wonder, because I start always beat up Mutated Moles with 126hp on lvl 1 without problems (SG,EW,BG,HtH,Melee)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:45:15 pm by runboy93 »
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:56:50 pm »

Every critter is harsh and does a lot of damage to lower level players that try to fight them directly, a small group of rats or ants can kill you, it has always been like this. This session humans were given a boost to their starting hp to make it a bit easier to survive against creatures.
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »

Gimper's suggestion is not as funny as the fact that runboy93 is convinced we care about what he types in a smaller font in every single thread he posts in.

As for the suggestion itself, pig rats are fine as they are, just run away or throw molotovs at them. I don't see anything wrong with a swarm of mutated rats killing a human. This can be annoying if you're caught by lag but that is not worth a nerf, in my opinion.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 08:38:12 pm »

Pigrats are moving around World Map in hordes.

Shit just got real.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 11:02:28 am »

Pigrats are ok the problem is with molerats. They are way too weak compared to the xp they give.

ToxiCAVE

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 12:05:24 pm »

Thnx god they didnt tried hunt down fire geckos. They are op :) flame breath is pain in ass and you can get only 250exp :) nerf fire geckos!!! And remove radiation from cent floaters and aliens;) hahaha
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:07:28 pm by ToxiCAVE »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 12:22:23 pm »

Pigrats are ok the problem is with molerats. They are way too weak compared to the xp they give.
This.

Everyone focuses on his complaint that they are too harsh for newbies, but they don't realize (or are denying to, for excuse to trolololololoL) that he is mostly talking about how their exp doesn't reflect their obvious stronger than molerats.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 12:51:58 pm »

Why here isn't any talking about Mutated pigrats?
Mostly they have 57HP and they gave 90XP, if I remember corretly.

They got DR/DT against some attacks and higher dmg, so even dangerous than normal pigrat.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:59:24 pm by runboy93 »
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 01:45:38 pm »

Buff molerats! is it then.

Honestly, while leveling, when is see pigrats and molerats clawing at each other, i just kill molerats and run away, because pigrats aren't worth the effort for the XP they're giving.
But maybe it's exactly the way around, the BIGGER and supposedly stronger molerats should be take down 3 molerats before flopping to the ground.
Right now, they just give bigger targets for levelers.
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 01:56:22 pm »

i think this too but for wolves.not overpowered but should give more xp.2 times harder to kill then molerats
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 09:13:20 am »

All I can do is sit here and laugh hysterically. 'Nerf Pigrats'... LOLZ.
Any nooblet can kill a swarm of pigrats with 1 or 2 moltovs, and they are not "OP" compared to molerats...

All i can do i sit here and feel sorry for you, cause you cant read:] There is NO suggestion about nerfing pigrats, there is suggestion about increasing reward for killing them.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.