"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:33:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Energy weapon Vs Big Weapons build  (Read 4996 times)

Energy weapon Vs Big Weapons build
« on: March 07, 2010, 10:22:59 pm »

Wich one is the best for pvp?

Someone could tell me a good build for big guns and energy weapon?
Re: Energy weapon Vs Big Weapons build
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 10:28:33 pm »

No one can help me? :(
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 02:31:56 pm »

there are to many factors to take in.

the quick answer would be to look at the dm of each weapon and decide that way.

However the character who is holding the weapon is the final factor. If I waz lvl 50 and had a bbgun and a lvl 1 char had a energy weapon the lvl 50 char would win hands down. :P
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:36:08 pm »

O_o....

Sorry but i dont understand your answer...also an unarmed player lvl 50 would win against a big guns player lvl 1 -.-

An energy weapon lvl 21 fully equipped against a big guns lvl 21 fully equipped....wich one win the battle?

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 02:43:07 pm »

I think you should ask proper questions to get proper answers.
It's not like in Lineage II, when you ask "who is better in pvp: paladin or silver ranger?"
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 02:58:37 pm »

If you are sniping with laser, you can easily kill someone with big gun with critical shot for eyes.
If you are big gunner you can easily kill someone with energy weapon by burst in close range.
It all depends on your game style. Theres no best pvp character. Everything depends on circumstances.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 03:23:56 pm »

Its all not about weapons, its about the character build itself. You can be a BG guy dealing around 3000 damage, or the same guy loosing to a guy with 10mm pistol.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 10:46:31 pm »

In fact i asked a good build for energy and big weapon ^^

I asked which one is better because i didnt see many people with energy weapon so i thought that energy weapons were not good for pvp...

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 11:01:03 pm »

No, it's because Energy weapons are powered by Fusion Cells and to make them, you have to run through 2 camper-infested instances.
To make ammo for Bigguns, you need only the wasteland and a safe crafting spot.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 07:40:21 am »

Oh ok Thanks...

Someone could tell me a good big guns build?
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 09:26:46 pm »

one part of the game you have to understand is that good builds for PVP are very secrective. People that have chars that dominate in PVP generally dont want to share their builds for obvious reason. But my suggestion is that if you want to be a bigguner that uses minigun get LUCK to 6 to get bonus ranged damage and toughness. IF you are a rocket supporter then LUCK 1 is enough

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 10:10:58 pm »

i suggest to not make a character with 1 luck ever if you pvp!!
i first aid for around 11 sometimes. it's too random...
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 10:32:20 pm »

i suggest to not make a character with 1 luck ever if you pvp!!
i first aid for around 11 sometimes. it's too random...
It is random but mostly with my 120% fa luck 1 i general get 7x and 8x even 1xx, but a risk you have to take as a luck 1 character sometimes you critically miss, drop your weapon, crippled an arm and weapon exploded
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:34:19 pm by Candy »
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 01:20:00 am »

There are seperate threads about character builds.

Use Search.
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 06:30:56 pm »

Well to be honest, I think that w/o a crit build on an energy weps character.. you wont do nearly as much as a big gunner. I've never tried out the big gun spec, but im going to give it a whirl after wipe. I've been tampering with the character builder, and this is pretty close to what I am going to spec at. The character will be able to craft big guns level 3 by level 15 and is extremely tough. Damage will come from the obvious big numbers a big gunner puts out and will crit fairly often at lvl 21.

SPECIAL: str - 7, per - 5, end - 8, cha - 3, int - 5, agi - 8 luck - 6
Perks: Finesse, Bruiser, Toughness (2), Pyromaniac, Lifegiver (2), Dodger, More Criticals (1)

At level 21: hit points 232 (253 being the highest in the game so very good, just not worth 2 more stats in END).
Crit Chance: 21% (pretty darn good especially with the minigun or other burst, rocket AP would hurt bad with a crit)
+13 AC, Action points: 7, 90kg carry weight (good for crafting), Healingrate : 8 (good!)
136% big guns, 101% first aid, 90% science, 121% repair, 95% outdoorsman

I am debating whether to take out bruiser and put in good natured. Stats would be 7, 7, 6, 3, 5, 6, 6. This would give me more range with weapons, sequence, 1 more action point and more FA, Doc, and Barter at the expense of 2 AC, 21 hit points, 2 more points in healing rate, poison and rad resistance.

Any suggestions?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.