"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 08:02:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Energy weapon Vs Big Weapons build  (Read 4962 times)

Re: Energy weapon Vs Big Weapons build
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 06:36:28 pm »

Any suggestions?
Delete this build from your mind, and make another. It's sucks.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 06:43:33 pm »

Delete this build from your mind, and make another. It's sucks.

Well you're either all about Fast Shot or using drugs I'm guessing.
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 06:52:24 pm »

Well you're either all about Fast Shot or using drugs I'm guessing.
And about PE, and about EN, and about CH, and about IN, and about AGI. About Finesse, about Bruiser, about Toughness, about Pyromaniac lol, about 2nd Lifegiver, about Dodger, about FA+ScienceRepair combining, and about % of BG.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 07:12:11 pm »

Ok. Well PE I was going to change and decided half way through post. But having a high AC and HP I don't need to be afraid of being up a little closer. The END would give me 25 more hp than anyone that went 6 END and 50+ more than most who go 4 if they dont want toughness.
Now I dont know if you want either a 1 CHA or higher than 3.. but its honestly stupid either way as you wont be able to train lvl 3 profs at 1 cha or do basically any quest. Selling anything would sell for shit. Higher than 3 seems like a waste to me. I dont need mercs and dont want to lead.
INT is a bit overrated, once you get about 130% (??) shit costs a lot of SP. so raise your int 4 or 5 more to get that 200% big guns and lower everything else? Nah.
On AGI people know to go 6 (perks and AP) but i needed 8 because of the -2 AP on bruiser and to be able to train big guns 3 w/o getting addicted. But im deciding to ditch bruiser anyways.
Finesse is 2 perks in 1 and I don't think it will kill the base damage that much.
Toughness is great, everybody agrees. I dont know why you would not want it esp for big guns. Pyromaniac Im not sure about dmg increase but it would be nice if you have an IMP flamer that can do 90+ base damage up close for an off hand weapon. not bad imo. but could be a waste. 2nd life giver would add 24 more hp. Debatable I can see that, but hp means a lot. especially in good armor and damage resist. Dodger you wouldnt get hit as much. Debatable I can see. FA is good enough.

I guess I should have stated that I would want this character to be a crafter/fighter. Be able to help out his faction and be a good force on offense.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 07:30:27 pm »

Personally, i had no problems scoring hits as biggunner with 1LK, but a drawback was that my foes got their critical hit rolls extremely high. By the way, how much PE is appropriate for a good biggunner?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 07:33:54 pm »

Ok. Well PE I was going to change and decided half way through post. But having a high AC and HP I don't need to be afraid of being up a little closer. The END would give me 25 more hp than anyone that went 6 END and 50+ more than most who go 4 if they dont want toughness.
Now I dont know if you want either a 1 CHA or higher than 3.. but its honestly stupid either way as you wont be able to train lvl 3 profs at 1 cha or do basically any quest. Selling anything would sell for shit. Higher than 3 seems like a waste to me. I dont need mercs and dont want to lead.
INT is a bit overrated, once you get about 130% (??) shit costs a lot of SP. so raise your int 4 or 5 more to get that 200% big guns and lower everything else? Nah.
On AGI people know to go 6 (perks and AP) but i needed 8 because of the -2 AP on bruiser and to be able to train big guns 3 w/o getting addicted. But im deciding to ditch bruiser anyways.
Finesse is 2 perks in 1 and I don't think it will kill the base damage that much.
Toughness is great, everybody agrees. I dont know why you would not want it esp for big guns. Pyromaniac Im not sure about dmg increase but it would be nice if you have an IMP flamer that can do 90+ base damage up close for an off hand weapon. not bad imo. but could be a waste. 2nd life giver would add 24 more hp. Debatable I can see that, but hp means a lot. especially in good armor and damage resist. Dodger you wouldnt get hit as much. Debatable I can see. FA is good enough.

I guess I should have stated that I would want this character to be a crafter/fighter. Be able to help out his faction and be a good force on offense.
For now CH>1 useless, the only problem is you need an alt or buy AP rockets to get into BoS faction (for 3rd lvl BG prof), because you need 2 CH then (2+2(mentats)+2(mentats)=6 CH, so then you need only 120 5mm AP ammo), but rockets you can buy/get by an alt with 6 CH and 3rd lvl BG prof, while stats points you can't buy, so 1 CH is the best choice for current FOnline. About traders... really, you can trade with many NPCs, I played for Sniper/Crafter with 1 CH, and I've not seen any problems, he got 3rd lvl SG prof, barter with iguana-bob in Hub, or bankers. For 3rd lvl prof I bought mentats from a player for 1k caps. So... you buying your 3 CH for 1'000 caps... omg man, CH is Waste. Addiction? It lasts 24 Real Time hours, and you don't need to be online this time. You've used mentants at morning 8 o'clock, and tomorrow at 8 o'clock you login and see you're clean! And I don't see this addiciton effect to lethal, you can easy play this whole 24 hours with this small penalty in PE and AG (CH and IN useless, because you have 1 CH already, and temporary penalty in IN = nothing...). As you can see CH>1 useless.
10 AGI + Fast Shot + Bonus Rate of Fire = 2 bursts/turn, you don't even need action boys now, of couse you can do that with jet, but "I'm clean ;p (ummm... may be mentats... only once in my character's life for 3rd prof)", don't know about you.
IN is too low for non-pure fighter, I've never played for pure fighters... and I've never got less than 7 IN, and when I got 7 IN I feel myself stupid. Really I always think about 10/6 IN/AG 7-8/10 IN/AG in my build, but with damned Bonus Rate of Fire addition, I think I'll feel myself stupid.
Bruiser useless, you got 2 points and lose 4 points. It's like +2 ST and -4 AG. With 7 ST the best choice is Small Frame. I always have 48-56 carry weight and again, don't see a problem.
Finesess... ... ....
No Fast Shot ... yeah... if you're big gunner and till devs change Fast Shot affection on Big Guns (if they will, atleast one of them want), Fast Shot isn't a Trait, it's a Bonus Rate of Fire on 1st level perk for Big Gunners.
Pyromaniac... you'll do more damage with a burst, than this damned flamer, also using flamer in off-hand means you'll carry this damned heavy weighted pain-in-the-ass crafted fuel... no... flamer isn't good idea.
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 10:59:49 pm »

They really need to make more use out a lot of perks, skills, and CHA...Right now it looks like there's about 3 or 4 beginner perks worth taking and maybe 6 or 7 skills actually worth putting points in. But whatev.. Let's see what they change with this new patch.
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 11:05:22 pm »

They really need to make more use out a lot of perks, skills, and CHA...Right now it looks like there's about 3 or 4 beginner perks worth taking and maybe 6 or 7 skills actually worth putting points in. But whatev.. Let's see what they change with this new patch.

Well, I wouldn't say that charisma is so much pointless to put your points into - a guy that is able to have 5 mutants with him can wipe out a whole gang sometimes without taking a single shot.
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 11:15:33 pm »

Well, I wouldn't say that charisma is so much pointless to put your points into - a guy that is able to have 5 mutants with him can wipe out a whole gang sometimes without taking a single shot.

Wouldn't that cost a shit load of caps? Besides why have npcs when you could have real people acting smarter? That's a lot of points in charisma that I think is just not worth it.
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 11:22:50 pm »

Wouldn't that cost a shit load of caps? Besides why have npcs when you could have real people acting smarter? That's a lot of points in charisma that I think is just not worth it.

It's mostly about a style of gaming that some people like - it's like being a necromancer in diablo 2  :P.

EDIT: What's more - think of the firepower that 5 mutants have. You can simply annihilate anyone by ordering them to shoot him - noone is able to withstand a direct hit of 5 rockets at the same time ^^.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:27:52 pm by Elmehdi »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 22 queries.