"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:10:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Jumping into the 3d era  (Read 93521 times)

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
Re: FOnline: 2238, Jumping into the 3d era
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2010, 01:38:17 am »

My videocard is 8mb, the most I can play is DOTA so im pretty worried. (I have a netbook)

I shouldnt worry too much over the coming requirements.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2010, 06:15:25 am »

NICE! Lets start summon WIPE;D

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2010, 08:37:00 am »

I wonder if Computers which can't run 3D stuff well, will there be an option to switch back to 2D?

Nope.

My videocard is 8mb, the most I can play is DOTA so im pretty worried. (I have a netbook)

I don't know exactly what are the differences between client that is used on the server now, and the client which will be used after wipe, but I can say the client you're currently using is capable of 3D too. So if you run this one (i.e. it initializes, no errors on startup), there is high chance you will run it after wipe.

But like I said, the details are important, so it's not certain.

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2010, 08:39:09 am »

DotA can harsh even good pc (I have 300-500 fps in fonline, and sometimes DotA pauses my laptop :D), so if you're able the play that game - it should be ok in here.
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2010, 11:13:25 am »

Man, how can you even run DotA with 8mb vcard... I think even mIRC should lag.
Waaaaaay off-topic, but I don't like people spreading misconceptions:
Quote from: Blizzard
- 400 MHz Pentium II or equivalent
- 128 MB of RAM
- 8 MB 3D video card (TNT, i810, Voodoo 3, Rage 128 equivalent or better) with DirectX® 8.1 support

Except for fancy Vista decorations, 8MB of video ram is enough for everyday computer usage when you don't play games. mIRC won't lag at all, and if it will, then that's because of shitty programming. Displaying text something computers could do just fine over 10 years ago.

Back to topic:
Have you guys (devs) considered adding quality settings to the game? Enabling/disabling lighting. Making two or three sets of models with different polygon counts to choose from?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 09:28:41 pm by blahblah »
<Izual> Let's crash server

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2010, 12:45:19 pm »

Have you guys (devs) considered adding quality settings to the game? Enabling/disabling lighting. Making using two or three sets of models with different polygon counts?

That would be sweet :P I wouldnt mind being able to play with high poly models.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2010, 06:03:34 pm »

Wipe will be when wipe will be. Writing in big letters will help nothing.

I mean.. we could wipe tomorrow morning. I have no problem with that. But keep in mind, that we then will have to wipe again just a few days later.

Cl0ud

• The Wasteland is Harsh
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2010, 06:16:13 pm »

I can't wait to get started from fresh again.  Will there be an updated manual released to cover any big changes?  Also i noticed that you are after models for weapons that are not currently in the game, does that mean theres a chance the gauss rifle and pulse rifle may be implemented 'soon'?
The Wasteland is Harsh
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2010, 10:34:59 pm »

Also i noticed that you are after models for weapons that are not currently in the game, does that mean theres a chance the gauss rifle and pulse rifle may be implemented 'soon'?

I kinda hope not, I can imagine a few guys from DA or NA (what's the difference these days) coming into NCR in (A)PA and with top tier weapons shooting the place up, We already got GMs for that  ;)
JUST GIVE ME THE CHIP!!

JB

« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2010, 08:53:21 am »

Okay, I am going to be serious. I hate the idea. I hated van buren tech and I hate this idea, I play 2238 for the old school feeling.

levi2ki

• so faknn crazy
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2010, 02:07:14 pm »

and what about new game client? or need only update old?

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2010, 08:19:21 pm »

Well in order to stay old school we would have to sacrifice game content aka guns, armors, skin models and many other stuff related to this (other playable races maybe) and thats simply too much to ask when you can go 2.5D and have all of this in no time (compared to time it takes to do such stuff in 2D). I'm also little disappointed that we are leaving our 2D chars behind especially when there were some discussions about technical solutions that could speed up development but remain 2D. But in the end I'm pretty exited how it will look and feel like with 3D chars (but I will miss my good old silver PA the most... that new one just don't feel right :/ ).

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2010, 08:56:05 pm »

I'm also little disappointed that we are leaving our 2D chars behind especially when there were some discussions about technical solutions that could speed up development but remain 2D.

Discussions are always nice, but getting something finally done is much nicer. People like to talk, without much real outcome.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2010, 12:02:57 am »

Will there be new animations, like sitting in front of fire, whittling wood, smoking or cleaning the weapon?

Cause cooldowns must have some atmosphere.
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2010, 12:22:47 am »

Discussions are always nice, but getting something finally done is much nicer. People like to talk, without much real outcome.

Which is exactly why you need to be bold sometimes and make choices.
You've made a lot up until now. And while not all of them might have been indeed correct, look at where we are now. The game is much better, much improved and much more fun. Where are all those conspiracists now? Oh i'll tell you, having so much fun with the game they forgot why they didn't want any previous update.

SO FOOKING GO AHEAD AND DO WHAT YOU MUST. THE NEW ANIMATIONS ARE GREAT, THE DETAIL BEING OFFERED IS OUTSTANDING AND THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS MINIMAL. We'll be able to see our weapons, at last, we won't all look the same like bloody Asians and finally, FINALLY, we'll have fluid animations.
I just hope the silly running lag doesn't come again, but i doubt that's got anything to do with the models

The above post is made just so it's made clear that all developers should disregard all and every "LOL THIS IS UNHEARD OF FOR ANY MMO, GAME IS HARD? OLOLOL MAKE IT WOW" or "KEEP IT CLASSIC, UPDATE NOTHING, NOFUNALLOWED.JPG".
Goddamn i do not wish my Fallout Online to end up being boring.

Oh, and do something for the cooldowns, goddamn...
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, NUGGET?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.