"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:49:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Jumping into the 3d era  (Read 93548 times)

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
Re: FOnline: 2238, Jumping into the 3d era
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2010, 11:18:45 pm »

Will you turn locations into 3D too? Will you make it Van Buren Online? That would be awesome.

There are no real benefits in doing this. So it's not needed.

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2010, 11:25:47 pm »

Had to add my comments  ;D

First, thanks a lot devs. You're doing a really good job, some of us forget it too often. This 3D thing is awesome, I can't wait for ! I want it now ! Muahaha !

Plus, I want to say few things. For those who don't like this idea, please think first that will be good for the servor stability, for the content which will be easy (well... easier) to add, and for the freshness of the game in general. I too am a bit sad of saying goodbye to the old-school-sprites-making-the-soul-of-the-game, but improving the game need this.
Second, read firsts posts and think a little bit before asking nonsense or useless questions like "do the NPC will be moved in 3D", "what the fuck is that cow", and so on...
And finally, stop whinig about the wipes. Wipes are Good ! I survived all wipes since August and I'm not dead. More seriously, they means few things : better stability for the server, lot of new features (and this time it's a big one !), new experience of gaming... Don't complain because your poor lvl12 character will be deleted, you will lose your sledge, your knife, and your tent with 2 armors and brahmin shit. And remember, and learn if you didn't know it, that WE ARE PLAYING A BETA. Wipes are necessary !

I've finish, thank you again you devs for making my dream a real thing, and thank you community for making this game a very cool place to live  ;)

UnkS

• UnknownSoldier
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2010, 03:16:04 am »

There are no real benefits in doing this. So it's not needed.

I'm not sure about it but if the buildings were in 3d wouldn't be able to turn the camera to have differents points of view? And even make taller buildings I guess.
Not a huge benefit given the work it takes but it'd be something..
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2010, 08:32:57 am »

I don't like this idea 3d models... Fallout is more atmospheric in classic 2d... It's my opinion... This animation of 3d animals from movie looks like "non-Fallout" this plant looks like from diablo or something;(
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2010, 09:42:25 am »

I don't like this idea 3d models... Fallout is more atmospheric in classic 2d... It's my opinion... This animation of 3d animals from movie looks like "non-Fallout" this plant looks like from diablo or something;(

dont play the game, its hard work,its based-on fallout, but its fonline(new game).

thx to dev's

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2010, 09:55:23 am »

If the look and feel of the plant would be the biggest concern when it comes to 3D shift, I'd be happy ;)

TuX

« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2010, 01:21:51 pm »

IMHO this is by far the biggest change in Fonline ever. Just love the 3d, it kicks ass. Can you give us some more detalils about the other changes coming with the new wipe?

And again the Wasteland will fall into anarchy beacause of the all powerfull wipe. Bands of roaming PKs will kill everyone that they meet. People will stand around NCR doing nothing. A friend shall lose his friends hammer and the sons will not know where are the little thing which their fathers had put on the bedside table last night. No. Wait, this is already happening on a daily basis so... hurray for the wipe.
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2010, 03:49:55 pm »

Would it be possible to get flattened versions of the 3d models on the wiki so everyone could pitch in in skinning them?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2010, 04:17:34 pm »

Would it be possible to get flattened versions of the 3d models on the wiki so everyone could pitch in in skinning them?

Yeah, some UV maps or models would be cool. It's the x. format, right?

Also, "3D" buildings are already in game, the frames art is mostly made of rendered objects and static frames don't need so much resources like in-game renders.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:29:24 pm by Alvarez »

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2010, 11:25:36 pm »

I will be happy if You Guys tells Us a date of wipe :P.
Currently retired.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2010, 11:52:16 pm »

I will be happy if You Guys tells Us a date of wipe :P.

Agreed. I Want a Date lol, But on Topic. GREAT WORK DEVS!!
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Sir Hubert

• Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2010, 12:00:43 am »

Yeah I hope too it will be soon !
Mistrz Dark Angel:
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2010, 11:14:34 am »

OMFG Thank you for all the hard work bring us one of the greatest games ever.

Sgt. Genius

• Czech Republic
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2010, 11:54:13 am »

Hello, my prize still play the older version, when a completely new 3D era? - Otherwise Fonline is very very good, I'm looking forward to great work.  ;)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2010, 08:11:17 pm »

Man, I wanna see this with bloody mess! I hope it gets all done quickly, because thats something new. NOBODY has ever made 3D models for Fallout 2. You are awesome guys.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 21 queries.