"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 25, 2024, 09:04:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

What would you think of this profession (and then of remaking energy expert a little in the same time) ?

Idea is fine, bring it on
Idea is good, but improving is needed.
Idea sucks
You suck
I suck

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lets make it close and personal. New profession: martial arts master  (Read 13033 times)

Re: Lets make it close and personal. New profession: martial arts master
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 08:14:37 pm »

Good point, a red ryder would explode if you put powder in them, it's pump action air rifle.

And the BBs require as much science to make as small energy cells. Not only is it silly, it's a wasted opportunity.
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 08:21:21 pm »

And the BBs require as much science to make as small energy cells. Not only is it silly, it's a wasted opportunity.
Yeah, you need to know how to polish them and make shiny, and also, I think, you need even more science to transform Junk and 2 Gunpowder packs into stainless steel....
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 08:32:47 pm »

BB's are made by pouring molten metal down a shaft and they harden in the air then sorted by size, any that aren't round get rolled off a platform and re melted.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2010, 10:35:37 pm »

So, Unarmed skill.

How about a button executing a unarmed attack in pointed direction?
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 12:50:29 am »

all things on list are Melee, so id say Melee Skill & Outdoors & Science (and some agility/strenght requirement???)

P.S. i voted for "you suck" :)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 01:20:20 am »

all things on list are Melee, so id say Melee Skill & Outdoors & Science (and some agility/strenght requirement???)

P.S. i voted for "you suck" :)

power fist and mega powerfist are unarmed not melee :>
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 12:05:14 pm »

power fist and mega powerfist are unarmed not melee :>

oh yea didnt notice...  :P still then it should have two different professions then, i dont like idea of melee&unarmed together. vedaras pedaras. :-*
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 12:09:27 pm »

oh yea didnt notice...  :P still then it should have two different professions then, i dont like idea of melee&unarmed together.
Too many professions not good idea too. Martial arts = melee weapon and unarmed. Also that's really hard to find someone who know how to strike with knife/katana, but who don't know anything about unarmed fight. If you know how to stab with knife, but don't know how to hit with hands, than you can't be martial arts master.
vedaras pedaras. :-*
lol.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 07:49:28 pm »

well ok fine fine, but i really dont see point in skilling up both if you can use all skill on one?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2010, 06:01:24 pm »

well ok fine fine, but i really dont see point in skilling up both if you can use all skill on one?

Like a Martial Arts skill?

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:46 pm »

well first aid and doctor are two separate skills too :/ and in other professions you need for example small guns and science and repair, so you waste some skill points even if you dont want to, and in this case i wouldnt call raising both skills skillpoints waste :/
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 05:53:47 pm »

I don't really like the requirements. You need both unarmed and melee which is waste. Most people stick to a single combat skill and focus on it. Forcing somoene to level 2 skills is just waste.

Sure, other professions need more than 1 skill. But those skill have a good use.
For example:

Repair = Repairing your gear, no one doesn't like not being able to fix his items.
Science = Dissembling, another usseful feature anyone likes to have.
Outdoorsman = Faster traveling and less pesky encounters. Need to say more?

While having 2 combat skills is completely unneeded.

How to solve this? either make it melee OR unarmed skill
Or split it it into 2 professions.
Another requirement bothers me: The strenght requirement.
If you want to use melee, why would you need 9 strenght?
It's not going to help in combat.
My Melee character has 4 strenght, and is somoene you don't want to meet in close quarters. (rippers ftw)
Your suggestion really needs improvements.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 05:55:54 pm »

no, you wont repair item with 90 or 120 repair, the skillpoints are being wasted and i do not agree with that :>
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 08:40:07 pm »

doctor is for healing injured body parts, first aid is for filling HP = it is difference, and for profession like Doctor both are required, because what kind of doctor is he if he cant heal a crippled leg.

but martial arts master... thats funny, maybe if unarmed profession and melee profession would exist, but seperated, id agree on it, but they both are for one thing: hitting someone...
when you can raise up unarmed and use it well, why would you need melee? :D
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 08:42:24 pm »

doctor is for healing injured body parts, first aid is for filling HP = it is difference, and for profession like Doctor both are required, because what kind of doctor is he if he cant heal a crippled leg.

but martial arts master... thats funny, maybe if unarmed profession and melee profession would exist, but seperated, id agree on it, but they both are for one thing: hitting someone...
when you can raise up unarmed and use it well, why would you need melee? :D
If you raising unarmed skill only to hit someone, then go and hit someone. If you want to be martial arts master, then you also need to raise melee.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 26 queries.