"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 09:54:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: How to define The APK  (Read 13595 times)

Re: How to define The APK
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 02:24:27 pm »

Clearly he wasn't looking in town toilets ;D... that's where "evil factions" spend most of their time :)
that's not something to laugh about.

BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 03:32:02 pm »

Clearly he wasn't looking in town toilets ;D... that's where "evil factions" spend most of their time :)

I would feel so sorry for our characters if they actually had to take a ripe shite. Death on the can would be the number one habeus corpus. 

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 03:34:52 pm »

Toilets are the true evil.
I must agree :D
Once got "toilet PKed" at klamath :/ wasn't nice

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 10:29:22 pm »

My definition of "APK" and "PK" -

APK: Anti-Player Killer; Player(s) who do not kill other players fun, these are most likely the RPG players or a very well known player who can be kind or rude most of the time...

PK: Player Killer; Player(s) who kill for entertainment, revenge, or just play idiotic trolling, these are most likely RPG players or a very well known player who can be evil and/or hated by everyone most of the time...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 10:46:41 pm »

apk is a person who does not shoot unless atacked first or its tc, so simple
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 11:06:38 pm »

apk is a person who does not shoot unless atacked first or its tc, so simple

yeah and mostly also kills players who are reported by someone else as PKs, and that is the point where missunderstanding and forum rages come from.
Rockwell gold card owner.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 12:16:07 am »

Yeah, my definition is clear and simple, cause i played the game for a long time and i learned a lot from it :P

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 12:34:06 am »

yeah and mostly also kills players who are reported by someone else as PKs, and that is the point where missunderstanding and forum rages come from.

OLD name-colorizing , at least then you will be shot without any misunderstandings. Why good features are taken away ?

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 01:47:04 am »

PK - Idiot bluesuit killer that makes several alts to burst, grenade noobies loitering around NCR  ;D
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 02:55:12 am »

PK - Idiot bluesuit killer that makes several alts to burst, grenade noobies loitering around NCR  ;D
No, that's a griefer. If you don't see the difference... ah forget it.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, 03:33:38 am »

Nobody is black and white. Almost each individual has it's own definition of that word , logical choice is to not use it unless the definition has been published somewhere and agreed upon. In case if that cannot be done , think of something else , otherwise this will go on forever.

Senrain

• The strong devour the weak.
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 08:56:55 am »

Everyone should keep in mind the line between PK and Anti-PK is very blurred. Everyone has their own unique way of handling a player encounter. Some lean one way, some lean the other. There is no sure-fire way to look at someone and just say, "Yep, he's a PK" or "Oh yeah, that guy is an APK". It's often a matter of how far they are leaning to either side.

I could be considered a PK because if someone walks into my encounter and I deem them to be a threat, I'm going to be shooting first. On the other hand some could say I'm friendly because I don't exploit the weak. I don't kill bluesuits, and even help them if I can afford to. Would I fit into the PK or Anti-PK category? The answer is neither, everyone is unique in their dealings with other players. Stop trying to see things in black and white.

Currently vacationing at Chernarus! Where the zombies are hungry, and everyone shoots you for beans!

http://dayzmod.com/

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 09:08:38 am »

LOL, I hope i don't get the banhammer but I remember quite clearly last session your anti pk behavior when the TKs camped gecko mine for several days.  How did you accumulate that pile of hammers again?  oh, I love how memory is so selective, embrace what you are.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:05:22 am by Graf »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Senrain

• The strong devour the weak.
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2012, 09:25:49 am »

LOL, I hope i don't get the banhammer but I remember quite clearly last session your anti pk behavior when the TKs camped gecko mine for several days.  How did you accumulate that pile of hammers again?  oh, I love how memory is so selective, embrace what you are.

I've already made it clear that my association with TKs, and it's policies towards newbies are over.
Currently vacationing at Chernarus! Where the zombies are hungry, and everyone shoots you for beans!

http://dayzmod.com/
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 10:41:09 am »

PK: Player killer- They kill for pleasure and too makes others suffer, they town burst, kill anyone on sight in an encounter, etc.

APK: Anti Player killer- someone who has everything against player killing. They will not kill any players unless necessary (E.g If they were to shoot them they would shoot back, they will kill known PKs on sight, etc).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:21:17 pm by Rani »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 18 queries.