"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:35:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Making energy sniper  (Read 2297 times)

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
Making energy sniper
« on: February 19, 2012, 06:42:07 pm »

I was wondering what people think about finesse. I messed up my first energy sniper so I'm creating a new char and I never took finesse before. I like doing more damage but this 30% damage resistance is something I don't like. Anyway bypass doesn't happen all the time so I would like to hear other opinions. Please post

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Making energy sniper
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 07:04:12 pm »

Finesse is awful with energy. Nuff said.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:50:40 pm »

Here 2 variations damage-sniper and sniper-crippler. For damage sniper finesse don't need. For crippler you must get finesse.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 07:54:42 pm »

These averages are worked out factoring in Bypasses and damage increases from criticals, which players don't know.

62.75 Average for Plasma, discovered an error on the spreadsheet for Sniper Rifle - that average should be 51.72.

Laser Rifle   58.38
Sniper Rifle   51.72
Plasma   62.75

These are calculated averages - these are the results you'd get over many shots.

10 luck, no finesse. Presuming all shots hit, so Pe doesn't matter.

(...)

With Finesse it gives:

Laser Rifle   65.28
Sniper Rifle   57.79
Plasma   69.74

So Finesse is about an 11-14% increase in damage ... and better crit effects on top of course.
11-14% increase in damage, and since you do criticals more often, count in the other effects as well(KO, KD, cripple)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:56:29 pm by Floodnik »

Vandal

• The Sarmatian
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:59:03 pm »

How can finesse increase damage?
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 08:15:10 pm »

This is average damage including critical hits. Because Finesse gives +10% to crit thus the overall damage outcome seems, and is higher.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:44:19 pm »

Update
Anyway, in building the next bit of the spreadsheet, to test bursts and their criticals, I learnt that I had applied the critical damage modifier in error (its applied before DT, not after). So slight amendments to the single shot damages:

Laser Rifle   61.75
Sniper Rifle   57.09
Plasma   67.71

(Fixed) Finesse

Laser Rifle   69.5
Sniper Rifle   64.5
Plasma   72.75
7%-13% increase in DMG
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »

wow thats something new...

i would like to hear more opinions if fineese is good for non cripler damage snipers
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 06:06:22 pm »

i would like to hear more opinions if fineese is good for non cripler damage snipers
seems the new version will be a OP must have. Don't think it works yet though.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »

From what Solar said, I think it works like that since the wipe.
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 11:29:46 am »

From what Solar said, I think it works like that since the wipe.

What Solar said is completely useless, because he prefers to post excel tables, not actual tests. Like in that mentioned topic, where he made some mistakes in his tables. We have to figure this out, but i dont think that any additional 'info' from Solar would make any difference.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 01:12:19 pm »

What Solar said is completely useless, because he prefers to post excel tables, not actual tests. Like in that mentioned topic, where he made some mistakes in his tables. We have to figure this out, but i dont think that any additional 'info' from Solar would make any difference.

It is most tiresome when I am forced to do tests to prove these - though I've yet to see a practical test disagree with the expected value (of course).

You can believe them or not, I don't really care - they are posted for anyone interested in seeing them and to start off a discussion, nothing more.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:12 pm »

Its good you post them, its better than nothing. But again, even YOU are not so sure if everything is included in such countings, so actual tests are more valuable for me (and i think for most players too).

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »

Sure, the feel is important because perfect balance does not exist. When everyone is a minigunner/sniper/sneak burster/whatever ... you know theres a problem somewhere ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »

Can someone finally confirm if finesse actually increase damage?its quite important
thanks
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.