"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:11:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making energy sniper  (Read 2295 times)

Re: Making energy sniper
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 03:39:07 pm »

Can someone finally confirm if finesse actually increase damage?its quite important
thanks

The damage increase they are talking about is not for every shot.  It is an average value that is calculated over time and many shots.

Finesse doesn't increase the damage you do each shot.  It will simply give you more critical hits, which tend to do more damage than normal...
Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »

The damage increase they are talking about is not for every shot.  It is an average value that is calculated over time and many shots.

Finesse doesn't increase the damage you do each shot.  It will simply give you more critical hits, which tend to do more damage than normal...

well ok im not a retard , but is it true that +30dr from finese goes away if you score a critical ,even if its not bypass?
and will this change last long or, as im afraid, will be brought to normal if devs find better solution to buff snipers vs helmet Critical mods
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 04:45:57 am »

well ok im not a retard , but is it true that +30dr from finese goes away if you score a critical ,even if its not bypass?
and will this change last long or, as im afraid, will be brought to normal if devs find better solution to buff snipers vs helmet Critical mods

Ask Solar...
Iguana Pete's sister

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 05:31:21 am »

u shoul better create an plasma nade troll build best what u can do now with SD
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 06:12:35 am »

Finesse is awful with energy. Nuff said.

Why is that..?Never tested myself..
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 10:12:51 am »

crits for 0 dmg :)
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 07:41:25 pm »

What weapon was used?
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 08:36:28 pm »

against what, tesla?

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 09:49:08 pm »

Its good you post them, its better than nothing. But again, even YOU are not so sure if everything is included in such countings, so actual tests are more valuable for me (and i think for most players too).

Since we're asking about average damage and we have a really wide variation in damage because of crits, it would take a lot of rigorous testing to actually figure out an approximation of the average damage. If we use the tables that solar gives us as only an initial approximation, then the damage difference is likely small enough that you'd need way more testing than can be done in a reasonable amount of time in order for the results to be statistically significant.

I also don't understand what the tables would be leaving out. Is it just the way armor effects the damage or something else?
pagemaster(9)
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 21 queries.