"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 07, 2024, 03:27:22 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Changelog 04/02/2012  (Read 21908 times)

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Changelog 04/02/2012
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2012, 02:52:01 am »

... yea i also dont get why they put down how much exp you get for crafting. crafting is a pain and now even less exp for doing it. all the devs are doing is making is harder for loners to lvl. wasteing there time. factions can just make big trip get couple hundred ores and no big deal makes up for the exp lose. loner cant do same. seems all this era all devs are trying to do is troll the loners..... no balance this era .... again.

I can understand the frustration that it's getting a bit harder for lonely people, but you should understand that this game is first and foremost meant to be played together with people, it is a multiplayergame after all. It was called "faction mod" in the beginning for reason.

@merlin: even though your anger is understandable there is no reason to tote insults all around.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2012, 02:57:07 am »

... triple loners are alone because there nubs and dont realize they can join faction because there nubs with no exp.(even thou most factions want them)
also there are loners because some like to be alone but there still need to be some balance for them either way. we all want to enjoy game even loners and pvp apes such as you.
the goal of devs should be noobs first, us apes later...... seems there going other way atm thou.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2012, 03:23:44 am »

If this is a beta, then we are the beta "testers" and we deserve as much information about game changes as anyone else on your team. If you change stuff without writing it down how will anyone know what was changed? How do you know there isn't some very obscure exploit one of the Devs is hiding for their friends in the game? You don't if they don't have to write it down.

600exp for making a super sledge was at minimum compensation for the time spent traveling around the map getting parts. This nerf is really uncalled for and COMPLETELY un-announced. You mean to tell me that I can feed infinite fruit to a kid for 5xp a peice which is the most boring thing I've even done on the internet, but when I go miles out of my way for an experience boost that is what deserves a nerf.

It takes a long time to get good quality parts especially when the Hungarians are guarding the mines with rockets and miniguns. But I did it. I got the mats, I deserve that experience. I walked the 10,000 miles. I don't want to do your crappy quests because they aren't rewarding on the 5th run through. The first time they are great  because hey every newb needs to shovel shit. But man how many Alts am I going to have to make to figure out a useful and interesting build.

I get to level 24 and say to myself "whoops, I'm a 1 trick pony"

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2012, 03:37:18 am »

One thing I have noticed about this game is that it's really up to the player to make it interesiting for himself. This session I'm playing with a character who will never join a faction because he is dedicated to working for himself. So far he has been a loner aside from joining hunting parties when the oppurtunity has presented itself a few times but at the same time he is very social, and guess what? I'm having fun!

I'm having fun because I told myself that I wouldn't spend all my time trying race to an endgame level. Instead I am simply enjoying the road getting there without really worrying about my pace. I'm also not wasting all my time trying to make myself an island of alts who take care of my every need, because what I really need is to get out of the house every now and then. And can you believe it, I'm still having fun! We are all responsible for our own moods/journies/fun, and I feel like sometimes some of the people playing this game just don't really know how to enjoy games. Maybe because all of us have spent so much time playing games where everything is already dictated to us that we never need to add our own creativity to a game, but I feel like that is the missing component to fonline.

merlin; in your case you just built a super sledge. The super sledge may not have given you 1000xp but imagine how much it will gain you when you hunt! and besides, if sneaking into an unguarded mine and escaping with not only your life but the materials you needed was a chore and not thrill and a reward in itself then maybe this isnt the game for you?

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2012, 03:57:52 am »

... triple loners are alone because there nubs and dont realize they can join faction because there nubs with no exp.(even thou most factions want them)
also there are loners because some like to be alone but there still need to be some balance for them either way. we all want to enjoy game even loners and pvp apes such as you.
the goal of devs should be noobs first, us apes later...... seems there going other way atm thou.

I don't want to be on someone else's schedule. That is the only reason I don't join a faction, I got a job, a family, a life. I don't want to wait on people for 4 hours a day. I want to get on do some shit, have some fun and get off. I'll get into the group thing when I have time.

But seriously WTF you could have wrote the nerf to sledges in the patch notes. Half of the changes aren't even explained.
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2012, 05:27:53 am »

Since you're one of the few (if not the only one) with this specific problem, I'd recommend you to check out your sound configuration. Some games cause problems with specific settings and hardware, e.g. I can still remember Bioshock had such issues while Stereo Mix was disabled (enabling it solves the problem). You could search for most common sound problems with other games and hardware configurations (something like this) and try to apply custom settings in order to resolve the issue with 2238.

None of that works. I get music but no sound effects. I'm stumped uninstalled, reinstalled you name it. I was told by another dev that this was a bug.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2012, 06:06:07 am »

zip
Finally someone else on the forum that knows how to have real fun in the game.

I get tired of being urged to power-level my characters by my gang-mates.  Tired of hearing it and even thinking about even more so doing it occassionally. ( though I never finish )

Not a single lvl 24 yet. ;>

Time for people to take a chill-pill and have fun.  Just try not to let other shitters (including me) ingame that kill you and take your stuff etc etc.  "try"  <<<  Don't expect everyone to hold onto their sanity. :D
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2012, 09:04:09 am »

Also weak healing powders now give 3xp instead of 8xp, damn it's going to be slower to lvl now - I used to really enjoy them as I us them up regular during lvling as I've only got 1 perception it doesn't matter about -1 perception.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2012, 09:17:23 am »

Why does anyone waste their time with this game.
I'm still wondering why you waste your time with this game. Tell us about it.

Instead of leveling up with crafting (I did it once with crafter alt, it took me few months to reach 21th level with it), grab this Supersledge and go pwn molerats - five of them gives you 600 XP and doesn't even require 2 hours of digging rocks :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2012, 09:26:52 am »

Every item should give 10% of their price (the generally much cheaper new price that they should really be set to at some point :p).

Some items hadn't been changed and now are fixed.

Crafting xp is a small bonus, not a primary method of levelling.

Do not whinge at us that we should be doing this or that, we owe you nothing. Request something politely and maybe you'd get further.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2012, 10:30:14 am »

Every item should give 10% of their price (the generally much cheaper new price that they should really be set to at some point :p).

Some items hadn't been changed and now are fixed.

Crafting xp is a small bonus, not a primary method of levelling.

Do not whinge at us that we should be doing this or that, we owe you nothing. Request something politely and maybe you'd get further.

I'm not whining at you, I"m telling you when you make patch notes include all the changes.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2012, 10:39:56 am »

And I'm telling you that you don't get to tell me what to do. You are playing our game, we are not making your game - see if you can figure out the difference.
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2012, 10:43:13 am »

Are superlsedges even supposed to be in the fixboy as defualt?
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2012, 10:43:34 am »

Nope

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2012, 11:09:45 am »

They're meant to require a BP. Some blueprints don't exist yet, so some things are showing up when they shouldn't be.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.