"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 01:32:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Where are all the caps?  (Read 3123 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Where are all the caps?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 07:13:28 pm »

You gain influence by occupying the town, pretty much the same rules for occupying a town as before (equipment, numbers, etc), which decreases the others' influence.

If people come in and mine and get to leave the map alive, you also gain influence.

The system is in it's early days, but I quite like it's potential. I didn't come up with it, so I'm not just praising myself :P

I think there should be some form of window reintroduced, so that X minutes per hour is all about protecting something from the other gangs, then the rest of the time is about guarding the town and making sure people can do stuff.

Then have the lockers looted more like once a day to the gang with the most influence, rather than every hour. Of course, increased to match the longer time period.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 07:27:48 pm »

I think there should be some form of window reintroduced, so that X minutes per hour is all about protecting something from the other gangs, then the rest of the time is about guarding the town and making sure people can't do stuff.
Fix'd
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 07:29:16 pm »

I mean gain influence for people *doing* stuff in town. Mine, do quests, sell cows, whatever.

If you just killed everyone you'd not get anything.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

JovankaB

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 07:31:58 pm »

I mean gain influence for people *doing* stuff in town. Mine, do quests, sell cows, whatever.

If you just killed everyone you'd not get anything.

You could start with influence boost for leaving alive with farmed tobacco/barley/apples in Modoc/Klamath.
Because these places don't have mines.

avv

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 08:11:43 pm »

Yes the "do stuff and leave alive" feature is good. It could be extended to all sorts of activities.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 08:37:02 pm »

new tc system definitely have big potencial, just need some time to work on it. one of most importants things is missing command to check the other gangs influence in towns - how some people suppsoe to know how long the should stay to obtain control. all gangs trying to capture bh where we hundreds of influence points and thye not trying to capure klamath for example where there is like dozen? :o

+ another thing is, you can stay in some edge of map with your team and capture city where is full militia wich is not cool :o
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:47:07 pm by maszrum »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 09:22:36 pm »

Yes the "do stuff and leave alive" feature is good. It could be extended to all sorts of activities.
Like slaver sales to metzger in den.  (unless this is already the case?  I am not aware)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 09:46:11 pm »

You gain influence by occupying the town, pretty much the same rules for occupying a town as before (equipment, numbers, etc), which decreases the others' influence. - doesnt work

If people come in and mine and get to leave the map alive, you also gain influence. - doesnt work

now there is no communicate about other faction is taking your city, you can take some1s city even if there is enemies militia....
a lot of bugs, its almost unplayable now.
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 09:06:04 am »

That sounds great in theory, but there is one "tiny" detail - many important things you can buy with caps only.
They are artificially made valuable, because you can't get bases, mercs, professions or some items without bags of bottle caps.
And don't expect this to change.
Dear Jovanka, im  not trying to say, that caps must leave this game. You still have ability to take caps from quests and traders. You will gather caps for your own depot near 1 week alone, not playing 24/7. And if you want more!-mercs, good bases.....you need to stick together, made an alliances and such. We buy BHH base on 2-nd day after wipe. I want this game to be harder.
Fonline2!
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 12:24:14 pm »

Fix'd

"Can't do stuff"

So there is no trade.

A gang that allows no business is hurting the economy of the town, and should get a diminishing chest.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 25 queries.