"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:46:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Where are all the caps?  (Read 3741 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Where are all the caps?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 10:12:27 pm »

3.  Trying to make only resources for caps scrounging encounters and moving boxes and shovelling shit?  God please no, that's all boring (maybe encounters not so much but it's still mindless grinding).

No, making it so no source hugely exceeds how many caps are spent to crash the system.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 10:34:49 pm »

Banks have negative rate? That would explain something.

Also- I will never spend caps for anything but professions, cars, bases, mercs, possibly some dialog item like Super Toolkit, Paramedic Bag, Bio Med Gel, holodisc, or book.

Others probably do the same.

Maybe 2 or 3 caps to round out a barter deal.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 11:33:19 am »

Banks have negative rate? That would explain something.

Also- I will never spend caps for anything but professions, cars, bases, mercs, possibly some dialog item like Super Toolkit, Paramedic Bag, Bio Med Gel, holodisc, or book.

Others probably do the same.

Maybe 2 or 3 caps to round out a barter deal.
Exactly this.

It's pointless to pay merchants in caps since you know it'll be hard to get any back if they will be really needed for one of mentioned.

No one is paying for items in caps when trading with NPC. This way cash doesn't flow at all.
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »

When the traders are working properly you will not be able to trade tier 1 stuff for tier 2.

If you craft or loot tier 2 from tougher (they will be tough one day, honest!) encounters, then you can trade for other tier 2 items at traders.

If you craft or loot tier 1 from easy encounters then you could either trade for other tier 1 items, or trade for caps. You can then spend those caps on tier 2.

Caps are the mechanism by which Tier 1 -> Tier 2 and the way in which the random outpouring of tier 1 gear in Encounters is regulated.

JovankaB

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 02:20:29 pm »

For now, if you don't want to carry boxes and do other boring as hell crap, try trading
good items with SoT is my only advice. I suppose they do trade with caps, one of them
claimed they have 10 millions already. They are the 1%. We are 99% :o
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:26:21 pm by JovankaB »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 02:26:42 pm »

SoT own Redding?
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 02:29:37 pm »

Yes, they do.

JovankaB

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 02:30:18 pm »

SoT own Redding?

Redding and 3 other towns.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are entitled to their wealth and great for them they have it.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 02:35:03 pm »

I am pretty sure they aren't really - though it is not their fault. I think there is/was a bug with Redding's TC which gave loads of caps out (which is probably why the caps system is borked).
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 03:13:29 pm »

For now, if you don't want to carry boxes and do other boring as hell crap, try trading
good items with SoT is my only advice. I suppose they do trade with caps, one of them
claimed they have 10 millions already. They are the 1%. We are 99% :o
Actually it was maszrum joke.
We have money, but not so much, because now town TC giving 1k/hour and not growing at all.

maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 03:45:10 pm »

yes that was joke which contains a lot of truth, acutally. tc is the best source of caps/drugs/ammo - dont understand why other big and strong gangs/alliances are not part of it, especially when we are not that numberous.. if you guys not start doint anything we will have more stuff then rest ot the server., and there will be more crying by lordus and holosima then ever. its really our fault ? ;)
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »

DONT FIX THIS PROBLEM please!!!))))
As for me game became interesting. Just fix metzgers quest - he must gave for it not more then 500 caps. And make a cooldown, like gunrunners delivery.... And such quests too.
This way caps will disapear from server, and instead caps-mercks-traps will be goods-goods relations. It makes roleplay possible. And fix traders please. Too much spawning items. Fix crafting. Idea about spowning resources good....But i think recources on mines must recovery not so fast. And make ability to dig recources from encounters. But not much. It makes game harder. TC will be more wishable. Trading will be more interesting.
And now you try to make the end of ex session - a lot of stuff, and you not afraid to loose the fight and stuff. What can i say more - for 1 evening i dig resources and craft 2k rockets. Then sell them. In caps equivalent it was near 400k. Its onlу one simple player for one evening!!!! Disgusting  :o
Fonline2!

JovankaB

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 03:54:13 pm »

This way caps will disapear from server, and instead caps-mercks-traps will be goods-goods relations.

That sounds great in theory, but there is one "tiny" detail - many important things you can buy with caps only.
They are artificially made valuable, because you can't get bases, mercs, professions or some items without bags of bottle caps.
And don't expect this to change.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:56:48 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 06:44:39 pm »

acutally. tc is the best source of caps/drugs/ammo - dont understand why other big and strong gangs/alliances are not part of it,

There is no more tc, it is just pvp with whoever took town first. The same factions that took a town 2 days after wipe still have them. The is no documentation on the tc system, no defined goal on taking a town, noone knows how long people need to actively TC to actually take it. I dont blame any faction for taking a town, its what factions do. Just wish someone had the details on how tc worked so a strategy could be planned.

avv

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 07:07:30 pm »

Just wish someone had the details on how tc worked so a strategy could be planned.

Going in, camping it for hours and killing everything and everybody on sight should be enough.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 28 queries.